Find ideas and requested changes for Xbox websites

Purchase Xbox 360 content on xbox.com with Microsoft Account balance

We can purchase Xbox One games using our account balance at store.xbox.com. When will we be able to purchase Xbox 360 content at marketplace.xbox.com?

1,821 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Sykoh23 shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

264 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • LeonSI8 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yeah this is quite ridiculous that it doesn't "just work" - Steam "just works," my Nintendo Switch "just works," and even my old NES and SNES still, thirty years later, "just work." As an expat, I'm tired of buying games that, after having accepted my payment, download but then "don't match my region" and refuse to work. I'm tired of having to worry about which payment works on which site/platform. Consoles are supposed to be easier than PC, more plug and play without dealing with lots of complications. Unfortunately, that's just not true anymore. Steam just works. Xbox? Sometimes works, sometimes doesn't.

• BL00DY FATALITY commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I don't understand why this isn't fixed yet. You should've been made able to buy games on day one of the service. Do they not want our money? Thinking like Nintendo with tgeir Classic Edition systems?

• XTecnomaniac commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's a shame, how are we supposed to buy backward compatible game on xbox one with no credit card?

• GZeus87 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm going to ask Bill Gates or Satya Nadella why we can't use our balance in their next reddit AMA.

• BASiK Hadez commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please fix this issue I have money on my account and I remember it working before on my Xbox one when I first saw the first set of backwards compatibility but now it isn't working so it's extremely frustrating.

• TinnierGryphon0 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You can still redeem gift card code the old way on xbox.com just fine. The same UI when purchasing, the same pop up appears and in a most clueless way asks to add a payment method. Astounding incompetency.

• ccanfield1 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have money in my Microsoft account that I want to use to purchase a backwards compatible Xbox 360 game on xbox.com but the system won't let me. Please fix this issue. Like so many others have already said, this is a really frustrating problem that needs to be fixed.

• ShinobiGarth commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

this is complete and utter bullcrap. i should be able to spend my Xbox store money on whatever i want in the Xbox store, whether i want to buy a 360 game or a One game.

• MGxps commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is BS got a gift card for nephew but he can't use to get sonic.. either they get serious about a universal platform or stop pretending.. sending me to websites to buys games instead of using the store is also rubbish!!!!!

• ObituarySky874 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Can you buy games, and movie content using your Microsoft account credits on your Xbox One without using debit/credit card payments. And if so how is this done on the xbox.com website, and the Xbox One console.

• Lord Scourge450 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is completely ridiculous! I started saving up Microsoft Rewards Points in order to get Xbox DIgital Gift cards, so I could get DLC's for the original Mass Effect Trilogy. I found out that you can't use Gift Cards for Xbox 360 content! Why? What does Microsoft get out of this? I only started playing the original Mass Effect Trilogy in 2017, and I still haven't gotten through it. Why can't I use Gift Cards?

• MalphasAbyss commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Microsoft, there are more than 20 Backward Compatibile games that i want to buy on my XONE but i can't since i don't own a credit card. plseas fix this before the summer :(

← Previous 1 3 4 5 13 14

The Clubs & LFG Forum Is Live!

Our newest Feature Area forum, Clubs & LFG, is now live! We've added a bunch of ideas that you can now vote on both in the Feature Area forum and in the Clubs & LFG category of theNew Ideas forum!

Go to the new Clubs & LFG forum and vote for your favorite ideas!

Feedback and Knowledge Base