Find ideas and requested changes for Xbox websites

Purchase Xbox 360 content on xbox.com with Microsoft Account balance

We can purchase Xbox One games using our account balance at store.xbox.com. When will we be able to purchase Xbox 360 content at marketplace.xbox.com?

1,912 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Sykoh23 shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

281 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Jabrication commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The fact that this still hasn't been fixed after nearly 4 years is fu€king asinine, I mean holy hell, I wasn't aware Microsoft was run by literal neanderthals, brought here through some glitch in time. If you guys aren't too busy eating crayons and poking each other in the eyes with forks, maybe you'll finally be so decent as to fix this, you unenlightened cretins.

• Atruen Kerensky commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am LIVID. I just bought an Xbox Live Gift Card so my boy could play Minecraft on his Xbox 360, and NOW I find out -- I can't even buy the game. So I have a USELESS xbox gift card.

UNBELIEVABLE.

• em0ti0n commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Given the Xbox team's achievements with Xbox BC etc. it is quite unbelieable this has not been fixed yet. People just want to spent their money, come on :)

• killacon89 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Same problem just like everyone else here I got $25 gift card can’t even buy Splinter Cell Conviction this is some B.S. I been wanting to play this game again for the longest time

• BHawk909 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

For the website, Microsoft replaced the buy button with a stupid Download to 360 button that blocks the whole idea of using the Microsoft Account's money to buy the BC games for XBox One.

• RaisedPrism1481 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

INSTEAD OF GETTING A LOAN,, I GOT SOMETHING NEW
    Get $5,500 USD every day, for six months!
    See how it works
    Do you know you can hack into any ATM machine with a hacked Atm card??
    Make up you mind before applying, straight deal...
    Order for a blank Atm card now and get millions within a week!: contact us
    via email address:: ryanjohn8967@outlook.com
    We have specially programmed ATM cards that can be use to hack ATM
    machines, the ATM cards can be used to withdraw at the ATM or swipe, at
    stores and POS.
    you order for:: via ryanjohn8967@outlook.com

• The Helljumper5 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Was going to buy the Courier's stash for Fallout NV, still can't buy it without using card.

Fix yo stuff Microsoft.

• ediskrad327 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I feel like i came to state the obvious but this is STILL not fixed. You used to be able to buy stuff just fine on Xbox.com years ago so clearly it is not impossible. Countdown sale ends tomorrow so i have to resign myself to not being able to buy the games i wanted AGAIN because of some flaw that they have not really looked to fix. I know this is just pleading to deaf ears if almost 4 years and being the most voted idea on this category has not done anything. So much for "user voice"...

• Mad Kaelis commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I don’t get why Microsoft is actively preventing us from spending money on their store, oh well..

• NIGH7RUNNER commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I just got a $25 Xbox gift card for Christmas. I’ve been trying for like 4 hours to buy Skate 3, but apparently Xbox doesnt allow buying backwards compatible games with my gift card money. This is ridiculous.

• YZA The 3rd Ltr commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's the 23rd of December and they still haven't fixed this issue. I been trying to purchase Star Wars KOTOR and Sonic Adventure 2 since yesterday and nothing. And the card I have, they won't take it as a credit card. Fuuu...

• AbstractRealist commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Wow how is this still an issue? It's almost like they had to have purposely made this NOT work, like it would be harder to make it not work than work. Was going to use some credit to pick up Deadly Premonition today since no way I'm paying a full $20 out of pocket for an older game like this but nope! Guess I'll just get the disk from Gamestop for $10. Not sure what I'll use my credit for now...

• Murder Inc93 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

So apparently if you wanna use Microsoft points for your Xbox 360 games (even the backwards compatible ones on Xbox One), you have to actually be on a 360 to use your Microsoft currency. Kind of ridiculous that you can't do it on the new console, especially since many either sold or traded in their 360s when it was announced that backwards compatibility was a thing. How very (heh) backwards.

• ListerD commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is ridiculous. You lost two backcompat game sales over Black Friday from me because of this. As a gold member for over a decade and a stock holder, fix this!

• Strykeman commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thx Microsoft. You just abducted my money - cuz I can't use your Prepaid-Code for RDR. The store even lists it as "available on xbox one". No - it isn't cuz you need a credit card. Wow.... what a laughable *** experience. Just IMAGINE this would have been a gift...

• LeonSI8 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yeah this is quite ridiculous that it doesn't "just work" - Steam "just works," my Nintendo Switch "just works," and even my old NES and SNES still, thirty years later, "just work." As an expat, I'm tired of buying games that, after having accepted my payment, download but then "don't match my region" and refuse to work. I'm tired of having to worry about which payment works on which site/platform. Consoles are supposed to be easier than PC, more plug and play without dealing with lots of complications. Unfortunately, that's just not true anymore. Steam just works. Xbox? Sometimes works, sometimes doesn't.

• BL00DY FATALITY commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I don't understand why this isn't fixed yet. You should've been made able to buy games on day one of the service. Do they not want our money? Thinking like Nintendo with tgeir Classic Edition systems?

• XTecnomaniac commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's a shame, how are we supposed to buy backward compatible game on xbox one with no credit card?

← Previous 1 3 4 5 13 14

The Clubs & LFG Forum Is Live!

Our newest Feature Area forum, Clubs & LFG, is now live! We've added a bunch of ideas that you can now vote on both in the Feature Area forum and in the Clubs & LFG category of theNew Ideas forum!

Go to the new Clubs & LFG forum and vote for your favorite ideas!

Feedback and Knowledge Base