Find ideas and requested changes for Xbox websites

New Xbox Forum, please change/add the following

I would love to see the following come back/be added on the forums

-My discussion
The my discussions tab used to be the easiest way (in my opinion) to see if someone replied to you. Before the update I used to hang around in the support forums often, trying to help people out. Through the ‘my discussions’ tab I was able to see if someone replied or if a post got verified/locked/stickied etc and newly replied posts got bumped to the top

This feature is currently missing

-Searching with keyword
The search options on the previous forums weren’t that great. I would love to see a function to search only for posts by a particular person. Or the ability to search with specific keyword example: ( “Support” “Xbox One” ) to pull up all Xbox One related support threads

-Descriptions with the subforums
Right now the subforums are just Xbox Logos and a title this is great but it wouldn’t hurt to have a little more information to what you can find in this forum. There’s a Networking Hardware Information subforum called Switches . It wouldn’t hurt to have a little description saying something like “The place to find information or discuss different types of network switches”
Right now it’s all rather vague

-Get rid of the squares
The squares when clicking on a forum to select a subforum are just annoying in my opinion. It’s hard to find something since you have grid instead of everything below eachother like on the old forums. In my opinion everything would be more pleasing for the eye if it was ordered vertically and maybe a max of 2 rows
example image just with 2 rows vertically stacked, slight background on the area where text should be and 1 box with additional info
http://imgur.com/L4QCEi7

-The header is too big
The header of the forum subsection you’re on takes about 60-75% of the entire screenspace (tabs and browser searchbar included) with the first thing that’s visible being the “Related Forums” this kind of gives the impression that one of those needs to be selected since the actual posts are not visible from the get go

-The forum posts themselves take up too much space
At the moment you can fit a max of 3.5 forumposts on a 1920x1080 screen it seems, the complete right half of which is just wasted empty space that could be used for something else like adapting the break to actually go to the end, this way the full space is utilized. No empty void and more posts can fit on the screen
Picture showing empty space http://imgur.com/YxZ5T5G

-Ability to let people edit their posts with special rights
I’ve had a couple sticky posts in the past and there is nothing more annoying then always having to bother the mods (who have other things to do than bid to my needs) to edit them when I want to update them
Sometimes links change or links break which need to be edited. It would be easier if in those cases of sticky posts that the original poster can edit their thread when given rights by a moderator. They currently don’t have such rights (I’ve asked)

Other things that I want have already been mentioned/posted in the official post by Mister Cerb
https://forums.xbox.com/en-US/forums/6cb3005b-b4eb-45cb-93b2-54332b07d4ad_d64c1f14-2fc0-47e1-a6bb-923474a09666/Announcements

126 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

FearedNightmare shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

15 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Malacath commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The new forums are a disgrace. Nothing they can do can improve them.

The person who designed them has single handedly destroyed the xbox community.

• tnt monty commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The new forums are awful. Nothing about them is better than the old forum system.

• ChiefJoboo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I want the old forums back. If it isn't broken, don't fix it. This fixed a working/usable forum and it's now literally unusable to me in many ways such as basic navigation, I can't find my conversations, etc.

• Genesis1953 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a terrible solution. They are difficult to navigate, well, they are a total mess!! This is not an improvement.

• Antic Owl commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

O God please yes! Change this. I am crying right now!
    Just cannot find anything back!

• OakDrop64 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Didn't even bother fully reading, there are just so many problems with the forums right now that just about anything would be an improvement. I consider them unusable in their current state.

• Eden0032 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Excellent FearedNightmare...completely agree with all of your points, especially about the My Discussions tab - this is drawing me away from the Forums at the moment alongside the navigation of the support forums.

• Paul1708 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I coundnt agree more 100% with FearedNightmare here. I really do hope Mister Cerb and the Xbox Forums Team are listening. The forums are really really bad. Were they have made it Easy for people to post there question they have made it almost impossible for People like Ambassadors to help those people and keep track of who there helping.

The Forums need Change and sooner the better the longer they stay has they are the more damage that will be done to the Forum Community. People just wont come back

• Mistress Sara commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Add to it the option to only see thread titles. I too would just browse the forums looking for topics of interest and could look at 10-20 titles on a page to see they were already responded to, now it's reduced to very few per page.

Totally agree on the header taking up too much space on the page. I understand the graphic/creative people want to show off their work, but if they can't do it in 1/6 or less of the page, don't bother doing anything. I can't even see any forum posts on my ipad mini without scrolling down because the header is so large. Drives me nuts that the bugs on TV now take up 1/3+ of screen (and cover subtitles).

The Clubs & LFG Forum Is Live!

Our newest Feature Area forum, Clubs & LFG, is now live! We've added a bunch of ideas that you can now vote on both in the Feature Area forum and in the Clubs & LFG category of theNew Ideas forum!

Go to the new Clubs & LFG forum and vote for your favorite ideas!

Feedback and Knowledge Base