Find ideas and requested changes for Xbox websites

Option to remove your profile from someone else's Xbox One console (via online)

Please make it possible to delete your account off of someone else's Xbox without actually having to go round their house to delete it. For example show how many different Xbox's your account is on and then being able to delete your account off of the Xbox you don't want it on anymore via online (Microsoft.com)

252 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

SpryRaincloud75 shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

16 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • SH00TaNOOBaDAY commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I Agree. Personally I gave my 16 year old my last console and left my profiles on it so she had games and come to find out she don't have possession of it any longer and I only know this because I logged in to my PC the is is windows 10 my Microsoft account is used on it well long story short one day my name was not being welcomed but some name unknown to myself and no one has my passwords but myself the only link was that console I gave my kid and we'll all I can do with out spending to long with support because there are 4 profiles that belong to me on the console is to just change the password but that don't kill the profile rights and/or make that console no longer the home console it just stops them from logging in I don't want my profiles and I don't want someone that tried to already take ownership of my profile because I have stupid amount of money spent on Xbox via dlc and have 200 games on the Xbox one with external drives I don't want any of the profiles and games both to work for some one that attempted to steal what's mine to begin with

• SlayerMaster115 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I hope microsoft does not ignore this. Its already bothersome enough dealimg with the 3 switch per year. This would be great since someone who im no longer friends with has my licences on their console and ive used up the 3 swithes per year.

• OvlerGW commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Right, someone could have your account forever and there would be no possible way to remove it. It can be made so we have to go through security questions to do so.

• HyruleBalverine commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'd be happy to see the ability to remotely remove a profile from another console rather than having to change the password.

• NorbertoMB commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

What? You can already do this, be forcing an account redownload on all systems through the xbox website.

• EagleEyedJAY commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be greatly appreciated (and since I think this feature is available on 360, I don't see how brining it to One is asking too much).

• brandiesel1 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I an see this being good. I wouldn't use it because I don't use my profile on other consoles but still. It's a nice feature.

• TC Krish commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Excellent request. Sadly I landed on this page wanting to do exactly this right now, but it seems that the feature isn't supported yet. Hopefully it will be added!

• Scrtch commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be good. Going on vacation to visit family then halfway home you realize you didn't remove your profile from their Xbox.

• murph17 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be very helpful. I am an Xbox Ambassador and get a lot of questions about the "3 changes/year" limit. Now some people are pulling a fast one and trying to get the counter reset, but a lot of other people just need a way to remove their account from a console not in their possession anymore. This would help those people out.

• Genesis1953 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be a great feature as it would allow the user to remove their profile from another user's console without having to be at the console physically. Sometime there are difference that would want a user to be able to remove their profile immediately.

The Clubs & LFG Forum Is Live!

Our newest Feature Area forum, Clubs & LFG, is now live! We've added a bunch of ideas that you can now vote on both in the Feature Area forum and in the Clubs & LFG category of theNew Ideas forum!

Go to the new Clubs & LFG forum and vote for your favorite ideas!

Feedback and Knowledge Base