Find ideas, requested features, or options for the Xbox Store

Display prices on games without having to select them to see pricing

Prices should be displayed as an overlay on top of games advertised. This gives us an immediate view on game pricing and allows us to see any games on sale. It also improves menu flow, as it reduces backing in and out of each game displayed.

418 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

xKTWPx R34CTOR shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

17 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Albert X commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think it would be great if the games showed the Price Tag without having to enter into the specific tittle screen. Additionally It would be great if Taxes were computed on to the total before purchase. I find it very annoying to have to compute my own taxes before purchase.

• JeDiMlnDTrlcks commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think that it would be a great idea if you could add prices to dlcs when clicking on the "view all" tab on xbox store for any xbox one game. For example, games that have few dlc, the current 3 dlc view option/swipe on the horizontal bar is fine, because it displays prices and if there are only 10 dlcs to go through for example, then you'd need to swipe the horizontal bar 4 times.

BUT, what about games that have a lot of dlc? Forza Horizon 2, for example, has 34 pieces of dlc, and if I want to find a particular dlc and it happens to be at the end of the list, I have to swipe the horizontal bar 12 times to get to it. When instead, I can click on "view all", and have 15 pieces of dlc/page. BUT, there are no prices displayed on these pages, so if I want to inspect its price to see if I want to buy it, I'd have to click on it and open a new page.

Now, I know that people will say "Big deal, you open an extra page", but, I am sure that I will not be the only one that will find this convenient if it gets added. I have no coding experience, but something tells me that this option would be quick and easy to implement, and it would be totally worth it.

Please vote people if you think the same, so the people at xbox can see this and hopefully do something about it. Thx.

• Nichimus commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I don't browse as a result of this, i will just get a game when friends play it or something, browsing the store drives me insane.

• martyd9 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

[Mod edit: Title changed from "Just the biggest idea ever. Post prices. I know. So very simple. When I go to search games there are so many. What is missing? Prices."]

• Preacher001 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This has still not been upgraded to a satisfactory level. Showing percentages of discounts is fine but not as a replacement for showing an actual price. I have had to go 3 screens in on occasion just to get a bloody price. This needs to be fixed.

• FOSTER 23 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Xbox one store need to change so you can see the price. With out clicking on all the games to see the prices. This is a big waste of time. Especially when you find stuff that is on sale that is not being advertised.

• XxMoReBlOoDxX commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is 1 of many things that need to be addressed. I hate to say it but PlayStation could show xbox a thing or 2 on this. PlayStation shows not only prices but also shows what's on sale and there sale prices. Even has a section for the games that are on sale for that day/week. Think Xbox should take 10 minutes and learn a life time of things right there.

• Xgold21 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When i click on all games i don't see the prices for the games this makes my decision difficult. I think it would be much better to include the price when I click on all games in the Xbox store.

• Kirkish Delight commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

*Show prices of store items on the tiles, so prices can be seen at a glance rather than having to click on the tile to find out it's price. This was a usual feature of the Xbox 360 store.

• TessnicXB commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The only problem with this is lets say you see the title of a game and then look at the price and go "that's too much for me" and casually move on. The browser before this feature would see the game and click on it to realize that this game is more than what they would pay as a game all by itself, but then sees all the dlc that comes in this "bundle" that you were not able to see was included just by looking at the picture and title when you were browsing the store. Alternately there could be games that you never would have bothered to click on to view the price, but if the price was displayed you may consider that this cheaply priced game is worth the few bucks just to see what its all about. Specifically the ID games.

• Falco1211 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Great idea! Is truly a pain in the a** open every single game/app just to see the price

• AKA JR95 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Simple please show the price of game "Add ons" without clicking on the add ons. Like the xbox 360

The Clubs & LFG Forum Is Live!

Our newest Feature Area forum, Clubs & LFG, is now live! We've added a bunch of ideas that you can now vote on both in the Feature Area forum and in the Clubs & LFG category of theNew Ideas forum!

Go to the new Clubs & LFG forum and vote for your favorite ideas!

Feedback and Knowledge Base