Xbox Store

Here you can find ideas and feature requests for the store experience on Xbox Consoles and on Xbox.com. This forum is for any features or requests regarding how the store works, including organization, search, or the purchase process.

Keep in mind that when you are searching, you are only searching through the Xbox Store forum! If you don’t find your idea below, you can search and post it in the New Ideas forum!

Find ideas, requested features, or options for the Xbox Store

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. friends who own this

Imagine looking at a game in the xbox store and thinking, "would I like this", or "I'd get this, but nobody else would play it with me". Well what if right from the store you had a list of friends that own it and wether they've got it on demand or on disc. Now you can ask their opinions or know you may have somebody to play it with. This would create "word of mouth" propaganda, which drives sales. This could also be used by other apps to save you the trouble of inviting friends to join games they don't…

187 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Xbox One  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Game Add-Ons DLC Based on a Games We Own Filter

I would love to be able to weed out all the "garbage" add-ons DLC from the games I don't own. That way I can look at Game Add-ons based only on the games I have played on my account. Tired of scrolling through ALL the stuff I don't even want to see. This would be great for all the people who just want to buy stuff for the games they own and play. No need to get distracted by all the games we don't even own. Then once you buy a game, when activating this filter it looks at your…

185 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Xbox One  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Wishlist Notifications for 360

Ability to add games to your wishlist to notify you by email when and if they go on sale. See Steam*

I want to give my Kinect a proper sendoff (thank you Microsoft for once again messing up), but for example Haunt is ten dollars. Way too much!

176 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Xbox 360  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Have a button within each game on the store to "notify me when price drops".

While looking through games the other day there were many that I would be interested in if on sale. It would be great to have a button that allows me to receive a notification when the price drops.

MS/Publishers could use this data (how many people are interested in this game at a different price point) to better judge possible revenue when putting a game on sale.

I just think that having that data would support putting a game on sale quicker, if the publishers could see what type of interest people have in the games when placed at a…

172 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Xbox One  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Notification when pre-orders become available in the Xbox Store

Would be cool to get some kind of an alert message on the console for digital games for example: Rise of the Tomb Raider is now available for pre order in the xbox one store app

163 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Xbox One  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Ability to play digital games as soon as they're ready without waiting for physical discs to be printed

As the title says.

[Mod edit: Title changed from "Being able to play games as soon as they go gold as a perk to going digital."]

160 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Xbox One  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Add a countdown timer to Deals with Gold promotions

At present it's easy to miss out on offers, but if there was an expiration date on the promotions we would have no excuse. The use of countdown timers also adds a sense of urgency and so could actually help to increase sales.

This idea was inspired by a post on Reddit: http://www.reddit.com/r/xboxone/comments/28bueq/dear_microsoft_please_put_a_sale_end_date_on/

158 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Choose a language for games you bought in XBOX store

First, I'd like to apologize for my poor English.

Now I'm going to describe what feature I'd like to have on XBOX ONE.

Right now whenever you purchase a game in XBOX store, the in-game language is going to be the language of your account region. For example, a game bought with a Russian xbox live account will be in Russian.

But as a language learner I'd like to have an option to choose a language for a game I've just purchased. Maybe some kind of pop-up with languages available for the game.

In my case I'd like to be…

155 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Introduce renting availability in xbox store for games that gamers want to try before spending $60.00 .

As a gamer i hate buying a game that comes out and i play it for a day or two and take it back to the store where i barely get a return for it. With a rental service you give gamers a chance to preview the game for a day or two before they go and make a sixty dollar purchase on something that their going to return.

150 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Xbox One  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Include Oblivion as a Purchase bonus with Skyrim Special Edition

Same as before. for ex. Rainbow 6 Siege included both Rainbow 6 Vegas Games.

149 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Prices Shown on Top Level Icons in Store

Having to click on every single game or DLC icon to find out how much that product costs is frustrating. When I go to an online store it is standard practice to see prices on products, and if I want to know more about it or buy it, one will then click it

147 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Xbox One  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Lower Australian Xbox Games Store Prices

The prices for digital copies of games from the Xbox Online Store is usually $100 in Australia. It is only $60 for most games in the US Store. Lower the prices to something more reasonable.

143 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

29 comments  ·  Xbox One  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. "Coming Soon" section of store should only show each game once

As is the layout and the amounts of versions are way to many and could be more organised. http://i.imgur.com/7wBudLn.jpg?1

Have ONE cover of the game show and the rest under that when it's clicked. And for gods sake remove the "Bundle Only" versions, they are just taking up uanessacry space.

A solution could be like this.

When a cover is clicked is goes to the standard page as it is now.
    Where the price is shown there will be a drop down menu to select which version the person wants to buy.

Under the Bundle includes, that'll update when a…

143 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Xbox One  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Left 4 Dead 2 available in store Brazil

Left 4 Dead 2 available in store Brazil, we want to buy this game, but it is not available in Brazil! please agreeing that.

141 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Xbox One  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Notice about games delisting on 360

Microsoft really needs to start giving notices about games they are going to remove, so people like me can buy them on short notice. I was going to buy Uno and Uno Rush in one swoop and now they're both gone. Had I known about it, I would've bought them yesterday.

141 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Xbox 360  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Convert Achievement Gamerscore Into Currency Over Xbox Live Store.

Converting gamers core into currency would allow gamers to purchase new games, or pay for micro transactions with their gamerscore. Doing this would encourage players to rack up as much gamerscore in every game they play in order to receive discounts, or to pay for a certain item fully, by letting go of a couple thousand gamerscore.

136 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

23 comments  ·  Xbox One  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. % Discount Credits for Xbox Store

This is essentially a reward system for buying/downloading content from the Xbox Store. I propose that when someone buys/downloads a new game they earn a 1% discount to be used on a different purchase of their choice. The discount could then accumulate for a total of 10% (or something) so that people could use their discount on content they want. So for example if someone bought one game a month for a year they would have earned 12 one percent discount credits (only 10 could be redeemed on a given purchase) and they could use all 12 on two games…

134 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Xbox One  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Scalable Discount on Ultimate Editions for Users who own some DLC

with Ultimate and Complete editions of Games going on sale constantly, but DLC not. People who bought the game early are penalized.

I propose that the Xbox should be able to scan your dlc, and give a discount to season passes and/or Ultimate editions of games depending on the amount of DLC you have already purchased.

Say if you had 1 of 4 Call of Duty dlc packs, the system should recognize this and give you a 20% discount on the season pass.

This will still reward early adoptors of the season pass, but not harshly penalize people who want…

133 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Xbox One  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Put game resolutions on the back of the box again.

This is all about being upfront with the players. All Xbox 360 games had the resolution on the back of the box. This needs to happen for Xbox One games as well. All the news outlets end up telling us the game's resolution anyway and then it becomes a big deal. Most of us would rather hear these official details from Microsoft. You could also put FPS up there as well. Just be upfront with the player, since it seems like something is trying to be hidden otherwise.

133 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Xbox One  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. A "my bought games" list

A list of "my games" that aren't installed on the console but are just bought in the Xbox Store. So it is more easily to install them later rather searching of in the Store of the game which name you've forgotten. Because you've 'bought' it as a Games for Gold game about six months ago.

An idea of integration might be within the current "my games" list that only shows the installed games at the moment.

132 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

The Clubs & LFG Forum Is Live!

Our newest Feature Area forum, Clubs & LFG, is now live! We've added a bunch of ideas that you can now vote on both in the Feature Area forum and in the Clubs & LFG category of theNew Ideas forum!

Go to the new Clubs & LFG forum and vote for your favorite ideas!

Xbox Store

Feedback and Knowledge Base