Xbox Store

Here you can find ideas and feature requests for the store experience on Xbox Consoles and on Xbox.com. This forum is for any features or requests regarding how the store works, including organization, search, or the purchase process.

Keep in mind that when you are searching, you are only searching through the Xbox Store forum! If you don’t find your idea below, you can search and post it in the New Ideas forum!

Find ideas, requested features, or options for the Xbox Store

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Estimated Download Times on Store pages - before purchase

I had this idea while suggesting another one: http://xbox.uservoice.com/forums/253802-home-settings/suggestions/6690066-estimated-download-installation-times

Essentially, my idea is this:

If the Xbox One already knows the current connection speed, on the Store page for all games it should be able to estimate for users the time it would take to download the game.

This would create more realistic expectations for customers as to how long it will take to download a game, before they even pay.

As Ambassadors, we are frequently asked why downloads were taking so much longer than they do on 360 - it's all to do with game sizes and this feature…

307 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

5 comments  ·  Xbox One  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Region Free For Digital Purchases Available For All Countries

I currently live in Peru, which is a country in South America, spanish language. I am an Xbox Lover and I'm pretty sure there are even more players (not only from Peru) who are not able to buy (digitally) or play some games like Halo or Call Of Duty because of the Region Lock...

Even worse, there is no Microsoft nor any official retailer for Xbox One in Peru and maybe many countries, as this is a PlayStation-populated country, but there are some dying-hard fans here like me, many friend of mine and in another countries that can't get these…

282 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Xbox One  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Ability to download manuals when downloading digital games on Xbox 360

When downloading games from the Xbox game store they should include the manual in the download and save it on the Xbox instead of going online and looking there.

277 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Xbox 360  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. There should be a sort by price filter

Xbox Marketplace should have a sort by price option.

274 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

30 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Convert disc-based Xbox 360 games to digital

Make a program to trade in all of our Xbox 360 games to get a digital voucher equivalent, this would allow us to buy a hard drive to store all of our most valuable classic Xbox 360 games on, and have them in one spot. Games loaded on the Xbox's internal hard drive are already faster so this would make it easy when I'm playing with my friends to not have to get up, and it would save valuable space in my dorm so I have more room when I can buy an Xbox One. You could even create a…

250 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Xbox 360  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. A Way To Reward Players Via Xbox Live Rewards System

First Off i have voted for there to be a Xbox One Rewards Dashboard App
    Im Not Asking For Your Vote Here If You Support That Idea Please Search It A Vote That Your For YourSelf

im suggesting ideas of way xbox can reward players

1. when you get ALL achievements in a game ( 100%) Reward Players
    2. Birthday Discounts/Special offers? on players birthdays?
    3. reward players for reporting every 10 people who brake T&C and Policies ( reports have to be approved and successful ) keeps xbox friendly and rewarding
    4. Continuous rewards system for playing for say…

246 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Xbox One  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Lower the price of old digital copies in the Xbox 360 store

Some of the older games that you can buy for 10-20$ (most hovering around 13-15$) at EB/gamestop are still more than double the price in the 360 store.

A few examples:

Transformers 1, 2 and 3 (movie-based games)
    Army of Two: Devils Cartel
    DarkSiders 2

The first Transformers games is 7 years old, the second is 5 years old and the 3rd is 3 years old and they are 30$/30$/40$ respectively in the xbox store. That is ridiculous. I bought transformers 2 back in 2010 for 20$.

I bought Devil's Cartel about 2 months ago for 15$ at EB. Still…

235 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Xbox 360  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Only on Xbox

You should add an Only on Xbox tab on the Xbox Store. We could find the exclusives games faster.

233 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Xbox One  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Be able to download DLC for old Xbox Original Games since it was taken down.

Bring back dlc content that was removed from inserting your Xbox Original games.

226 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Xbox 360  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Notifications of new releases on xbox store including dlc

I think it would be good to be able to set up notifications for new releases, giving you the option to be notified for all new releases on xbox store or narrowing it down to specific games, e.g. request to be notified when dlc is released or a sequel to the game.

I This would be very useful for episodic games like the walking dead, D4, The wolf among us and the upcoming game of thrones etc.

Thanks for reading

Regards

R1CH5TER

216 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Xbox One  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Xbox Originals

You should add an "Xbox Originals" section to the digital store so we can download original Xbox games for like $5-$10, the PlayStation store has something like this already. The games themselves are fun and shouldn't be altered, no graphical overhaul, just the original games.

211 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Xbox One  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Xbox 'Play Anywhere' should also apply to physical purchases.

Xbox 'Play Anywhere' is a new initiative that gives those who purchase select Xbox One games digitally a copy of the Windows 10 version at no additional charge. While this is a brilliant idea, it does not apply to physical disc releases.

The issue with this is the alienation of the purchasers of physical releases who still want to have the perks of Play Anywhere. While pushing for digital seems to be the norm, there are many factors that deter gamers like myself from adopting that strategy. For example, the internet subscription I have is just enough to maintain gaming,…

209 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Xbox One  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Bring back the Xbox Live Arcade and Indie Games Section

In Xbox 360 you have an Arcade Section that is meat for the established Indie studios, and besides that is other one called Indie Games, that are the games from smaller developers , although this section is 80% horrible games, there were a few of them very cool and worth to try/buy

206 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18 comments  ·  Xbox One  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Download History Filter, Hide/Delete Objects

I use the Xbox One digital only and I already have lots of stuff in my download history. I've noticed this in that dimension when my Xbox One was replaced last week and I had to download everything again. Everything was a wild mix out of:

- Full versions

- Game Demos

- Beta Versions

So it would be great to have a filter and the possibility to hide or delete stuff from the download history. e.g. that I can hide/delete old beta or demo versions.

I hope this will somehow noticed and considered, due the fact Xbox wants us…

205 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. My DLC Section in the Store: "Available for Download" and "Available for Purchase"

The Store needs a "My DLC" section that features DLC from the games in your library.

There should be at least two subcategories: Available for Download and Available for Purchase

Available for Download would show free DLC and DLC that you owned (e.g. via a Season Pass) but hadn't downloaded.

Available for Purchase would show released and upcoming DLC

204 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Xbox One  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Bring Sonic The Hedgehog (2006) Back to the Xbox 360 Marketplace

Vote if you would like to bring back this classic 2006 game back on the Xbox Live Marketplace for those of you who have never played it or for those youngsters that want to play it but would ruin disc's by miss laying them, losing them or even badly scratching them!!

please vote

198 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20 comments  ·  Xbox 360  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Offer refund for content no longer available

When you buy content for a core Xbox service (like say Xbox Fitness, Music or Movies) Microsoft should refund us our money if it is no longer going to be available.

197 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Xbox One  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Combine Xbox One pre-orders with backward compatible Xbox 360 freebies

Xbox One Pre-orders should come with instant and free access to one or all of xbox 360 games in the series. This would be a great incentive to pre-order, and give some instant gratification to those who do.

196 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Allow Account Currency for all Purchases

By allowing publishers to require purchases to be made with credit card or PayPal only and not allowing existing MS account currency really eliminates the need to ever buy Xbox Live gift cards. If I attach a credit card to my account instead of ever buying MS gift cards I can buy whatever I want, but if i do not and strictly buy MS gift cards, my purchase choices are limited. This is wrong on so many levels, because a lot of people simply do not trust their credit card to be used on a console platform.

188 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Xbox One  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Add 3D movies for purchase and rental

Now that you are adding 3D disc support to XBox One add 3D movies as rental an purchase options to Xbox video

187 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

27 comments  ·  Xbox One  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

The Clubs & LFG Forum Is Live!

Our newest Feature Area forum, Clubs & LFG, is now live! We've added a bunch of ideas that you can now vote on both in the Feature Area forum and in the Clubs & LFG category of theNew Ideas forum!

Go to the new Clubs & LFG forum and vote for your favorite ideas!

Xbox Store

Feedback and Knowledge Base