Xbox Store

Here you can find ideas and feature requests for the store experience on Xbox Consoles and on Xbox.com. This forum is for any features or requests regarding how the store works, including organization, search, or the purchase process.

Keep in mind that when you are searching, you are only searching through the Xbox Store forum! If you don’t find your idea below, you can search and post it in the New Ideas forum!

Find ideas, requested features, or options for the Xbox Store

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Discount on Xbox One games already owned on the Xbox 360

I already bought a lot of games for the Xbox 360 that are also available on the Xbox one. For example: Mortal Combat X, Dead Or Alive Ultimate, EA games and such.
    I'd like to play them on the Xbox one as well, but I don't want/like to pay the full price again.
    It would be very nice if games, already downloaded for Xbox 360, would be offered at a lower price (for example standard 20% off, or more ;-) ).
    Since Microsoft has all our download information it should be easy to do technically.

[Mod edit: Title changed from…

616 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

13 comments  ·  Xbox One  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Better Xbox Pre-Order Rewards for Digital Games

With the Rewards program (as of Feb 2016), you get 15,000 Rewards Credits if you pre-order a physical game through Microsoftstore.com. The only comparable Rewards goal is pre-ordering three digital games by April 15th, 2016 to get 15,000 Rewards Credits. Amazon offers Prime members 20% of pre-orders of physical games.

It seems to be more cost effective for consumers to buy physical games rather than digital ones. Purchasers could also at a later point trade in their physical games which will lead to someone down the line buying a used game instead of a new one. From a game company…

615 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Xbox One  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Retail Copies of Games to Include a Digital copy License

Retail Copies of Games to Included a Digital copy License; This would be like some Blu-Ray releases where you get a Physical copy and a Digitial License. This would be the best of both worlds. Once the digital copy license is used it cannot be used again and you can still trade in the Physical copy. This is what I want for my digital future

599 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

31 comments  ·  Xbox One  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Don't require credit card for purchasing options on Xbox 360

Been having trouble using the Microsoft account to pay for games for the xbox 360, have funds available in my Microsoft account but the system will not allow me to choose my Microsoft account, it says I have to have a credit card on file when the Microsoft prepaid cards are supposed to be used for games, movies and music, but the option is not there. The system will not even let me purchase a free game with the Microsoft account, it says I do not have a valid payment option on file with around 40$ in my account.

562 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18 comments  ·  Xbox 360  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Filter Options on the Xbox Store (Console)

Filter options would be a big help, if they were added to the Xbox Store on the console.

Ex: Price: Low to High/High to Low
    Release Date: New to Old/Old to New
    Game Type: Arcade/Games On Demand/Indie or ID@Xbox
    Alphabet: A-Z/Z-A

548 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

29 comments  ·  Xbox One  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. A Review System: Allow people to explain why they gave that game a star rating!

In the storefront I think that Xbox should do what Steam does where you are allowed to write detailed reviews which helps people make an decision if they want to buy the game or not.

This is how it will work

1. The user will rate the game using the star system that is currently in place

2. The user will be asked if they want to explain why they gave it that star rating

Obliviously this review system will be optional and if players just want to give the game a 5 star rating they can

It would even…

535 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

22 comments  ·  Xbox One  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Add Genre Filters to the NXOE Xbox Store

The NXOE game store is a great improvement from the original, but it can go even further by adding a "filter games by genre" selection in all main sections. For example:
    Top Paid > Filter: By Genre
    Top Free > Filter: By Genre
    Ect.
    Originally, I thought that adding a new section separately dedicated to sorting games by genre would be helpful, but then the filter system came into mind. The system could be flipped as well, for example:
    Genres > Horror > Filter: Top Paid
    Genres > Action > Filter: Top Rated
    Personally, the latter is preffered for me.…

503 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

32 comments  ·  Xbox One  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Allow people to upgrade Digital Editions of a game from Regular to Deluxe

Right now, if you purchase the regular edition of a Digital Game, you are forced to purchase the Digital Deluxe at the full price if you later decide you like the game enough to get the additional features.

Instead, allow people to chose to Upgrade their copy by paying the difference between the regular price and the Digital Deluxe Price.

Regular Digital Game - $60
    Digital Deluxe Digital Game - $80
    Upgrade Cost - $20

487 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15 comments  ·  Xbox One  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Add All Current Xbox One Exclusives to the Play Anywhere Library.

I understand that you can't make all XB1 titles part of Play Anywhere, but do you think you could with your own games, like Sunset Overdrive and Forza Horizon 2?

Thanks for reading :)

481 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19 comments  ·  Xbox One  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. DLC Filter for the Store

In my opinion it'd be awesome to adjust a filter that hides DLC you don't want to see because there are so many individual like Dance Central. When I want to browse through the new Add-on section I almost only the single tracks for the music games.

Thanks for your time

445 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18 comments  ·  Xbox One  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Sort games in the store.

To be able to sort ascending and descending titles by price, release date, most popular and genre etc.

Right now when we visit the store its basically a jumbled mess.

433 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17 comments  ·  Xbox One  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. DRM Choice to Facilitate Family Sharing and Digital Trading

The original Xbox One licensing model where the disc is just a delivery mechanism like the Internet was too ambitious and would disadvantage too many users. My suggestion would give Xbox users a choice on which DRM method is more comfortable for them.

If you download a game from Xbox Live, then you consent to the digital DRM policy which requires an Internet check-in every 24 hours. If the user buys a game disc and installs from the disc they have the choice to either enter in a 25-digit Microsoft code (or QR code) to convert the game to digital…

427 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20 comments  ·  Xbox One  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Universal Games - Buy it once for both the XboxOne and PC

Spartan Assault was a great start. I would like to see more games that appear on both the XBO and PC have an option to purchase it once from the store and play it on both Windows PCs and the XBO (with cross game saves). Just like buying other universal apps.

377 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. See The Game Language In The Store Before Buying

when buying a game from xbox store, i'd like to know which language it's in. so it would be nice, to know in advance (not after buying and downloading!!!) which language it's in OR LET ME CHOOSE IT!!!

in europe you have games in english, german, french and other languages. as i'm from a german speaking language i'd like to know if the game i'm interessed in, is available in english in my country's store. since so many translations ans localizations are awful and bad, i prefer the english Versions. some games are multi-language and some not.
    it would be…

373 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

31 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Make Games we already own on Xbox One available on Windows 10

Weve already paid for the game on the xbox. Can we please make games we already own for the Xone that are available on windows actually playable through windows 10. It kind of sucks that wed have to pay for it twice if we want more than one place we can play the game on.

360 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Xbox One  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Digital pre-orders with the option to pay $5-$10 at a time (Installment plan)

I would have gone all 100% digital if this option was available. I like the fact of pre-orders early and would definitely go all digital if Microsoft did a similar thing what gamestop does. They offer an early pre-order program where u put down just $5 or $10 down before the game is released and you pay monthly till before the games release date, that way by the time the game is released its paid off. I know I'm not the only one who would love this feature as games are expensive as it is.

359 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

60 comments  ·  Xbox One  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Pre-load updates for disc-based games

Some games require large day-one updates (Evil Within: 7.5GB). It would be nice to have the option to download this update in advance. The update could then be installed upon completion of the disk installation, not being limited by internet speeds.

359 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Xbox One  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Discount Digital on both Xbox platforms.

When a brand new game comes out like Destiny it will be 60 bucks for a digital and physical copy of the game. Digitally you don't have to make the discs or the cases and the art work that covers it. You also don't have to spend all the money to transport the games all over the world. You don't spend as much money so why do i have to pay a full 60 dollars? Not to mention its going green. Give me a reason to buy digital games

354 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Xbox One  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Fairer Regional Pricing

This is going to be a bit lengthy, but bear with me. In November 2013 the prices of Xbox Live content rose in multiple regions, mostly for the worse.

Now, I own over three hundred XBLA games and goodness knows how much DLC, so you can tell I was quite the digital consumer. Keyword; WAS.
    Since these price rises I have bought precisely zero content other than that which was on sale, It all costs too much!
    Plenty of it was overpriced before as it was, all this has done is turn me right off digital.

I can't be the…

329 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

50 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Notify season pass holders when an add-on is released

There should be some sort of notification when there is a new add-on for people who hold a "season pass" subscription to a game. It would be even better if you could have the option to be notified when there is a new add-on for games you own even when you don't have a "season pass" for the DLC.. or if one doesn't exist. Please!

318 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Xbox One  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

The Clubs & LFG Forum Is Live!

Our newest Feature Area forum, Clubs & LFG, is now live! We've added a bunch of ideas that you can now vote on both in the Feature Area forum and in the Clubs & LFG category of theNew Ideas forum!

Go to the new Clubs & LFG forum and vote for your favorite ideas!

Xbox Store

Feedback and Knowledge Base