Xbox Store

Here you can find ideas and feature requests for the store experience on Xbox Consoles and on Xbox.com. This forum is for any features or requests regarding how the store works, including organization, search, or the purchase process.

Keep in mind that when you are searching, you are only searching through the Xbox Store forum! If you don’t find your idea below, you can search and post it in the New Ideas forum!

Find ideas, requested features, or options for the Xbox Store

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Xbox Themes in Xbox One Store

While it's a very cool feature to have the option to use your own backgrounds or achievement backgrounds, I would still like to see official Xbox One themes in the Store like the Playstation 4 has.

This would also mean we could get some interactive themes and some special tile designs. This would only add more personalization options to the Xbox One and would be nice to have in general.

1,327 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

23 comments  ·  Xbox One  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Digital Refunds

With the push to get people to buy more games digitally, there needs to be a way to get a refund. If I buy a game from a store and that game turns out to be "broken" or nowhere close to what was advertised, I can trade it back for store credit for pretty *** close to what I paid (for example with BF4 I took it back after 3 days and was given a full refund minus $3, one dollar for each day I had the game). Or I could sell it on ebay or trade it for something…

1,286 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

128 comments  ·  Xbox One  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Better organization/updated items for The New DLC Marketplace

Needs to be fixed / changed as new DLC is not showing up like its supposed to in new add-ons so its never in the quick glance bar on the Game add-ons menu, as old DLC is pushing new DLC of the first page i.e. Dying light DLC has been on the first page since it was released 30/01/2015 yet DLC for the witcher 3, ODST are up to 3 pages back as soon as there listed on the market place a simple way to fix this make the DLC get listed in date order like its supposed to and…

1,214 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20 comments  ·  Xbox One  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Auto-Download of Free DLC or DLC included in a Season Pass

You should be able to turn on Automatic Downloads for games that may feature free DLC (e.g Witcher 3) or games that you have purchased the Season Pass for. Finding DLC in the store can be time consuming.

1,204 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Xbox One  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Make the Store less cluttered by only showing every game once instead of ALL the different editions we can purchase

Something that is really making the Xbox One Store cluttered are all the different game editions you can purchase. To fix this, just show the game once and after that show the different editions we can purchase.

This would make the Store a lot more organized and a lot less cluttered.

1,107 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Xbox One  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. List of new available Xbox backwards compatible games in the Xbox One store

Add a subtitle and list of all backwards compatible games in the store to easily find old games from the xbox 360

1,050 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

37 comments  ·  Xbox One  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Original Xbox Games Re-Released on Xbox One Store

Release original Xbox games on game store plz

998 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

25 comments  ·  Xbox One  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. DLC Add-Ons Bought on 360 Should Carry Over to The Xbox One

If you purchase DLC content on the 360, and own the same game for xbox one. You should be able to have it, with out buying it again for the same account.

961 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

38 comments  ·  Xbox One  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Shopping Cart for Purchases

I want a shopping cart system where I can add all the content I want to buy, not only to track expenditure but also to keep everything all on the same invoice and not being charged on different days.

Im finding when renting movies it takes a couple of days for your account to be charged out and then receiving emails throughout the week of your purchases.

915 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

66 comments  ·  Xbox One  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Xbox Store on the Xbox One needs a section for game trailers

ability to look at many trailers for games current or upcoming without having to open up new apps to do so xbox one becoming slower and slower having to add more apps to do so

907 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

43 comments  ·  Xbox One  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Have Microsoft Store-specific discounts available online via Xbox Store

During Memorial Weekend, the Microsoft Store has a deal where if you purchased 2 specific Xbox One titles, you could get a 3rd free. That's a great deal, but if you're trying to keep you game library all digital or you're not near a Microsoft Store, it kind of sucks to not be able to get in on the sale. I would like to see the same sales in the MS Store translated over to the Xbox Games Store.

828 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Xbox One  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Countdown timer on pre-ordered game pins

When you preorder a game from the Xbox One store and you pin it to your home screen/dashboard, the pin should have a countdown timer that counts down in real time until the game launches.

This way you can easily keep track of how many days, hours and minutes it is until the game is released.

(Maybe have a notification that pops up when the countdown reaches zero too)

809 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Xbox One  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Allow us to use Gift Cards to buy Backward Compatible games on Xbox one and the Free ones on Games with Gold instead of using a Credit Card

We're glad we can finally get the Backward Compatible games on our Xbox One Consoles but it's stupid we have to use Credit Cards and it's about time you let us use the Gift Cards we use to buy everything else such as Xbox One games

795 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

21 comments  ·  Xbox One  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Make Backward Compatible Titles Cheaper

With the new march update yous allowed people to buy xbox 360 games on the xbox one but a lot of the games are highly overpriced ie

Alan wake 29.95$
    Halo reach 39.95$
    Halo spartan assault 13.45$ Seriously?
    Gears of War 19.95$ again Seriously! It came out in 2009 come on

I think its just a bit of money grabbing in my opinion and somewhat unfair/unjustified really please look into this because games that are from a last generation console shouldn't cost as much as games in the current gen also dont try to blame the developer's its obviously yous

790 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

26 comments  ·  Xbox One  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Bring Back the Ability to Pin Any Game from the Store

I'm in the preview program and with the new Xbox experience there is no longer an option to pin unpurchased games anymore, it was a convenient way to avoid looking through all the games or typing it up in search.

I have another suggestion in the my games and app add a wish list section on the left also to pin games you're interesting in buying to avoid going through and searching them up, for players can have another option to not pin them on the home screen.

732 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

77 comments  ·  Xbox One  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Xbox One / Windows 10 - Play Anywhere for Retail Discs

With the exciting news about the recently announced Xbox One / Windows 10 Play Anywhere feature, I was left a little disheartened by the news that this feature will only be available for people who Digitally purchase their games.

Now, I would just like to make the suggestion that Xbox & Microsoft go down the "Ultraviolet" route and allow this great new feature to be available for players who have the physical copy of the games too. I hate that players will be penalized & denied this great feature for either their refusing to pay the absurd Digital pricing or…

696 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

72 comments  ·  Xbox One  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Pre-order Specials Dependent Upon Number of Games Pre-Ordered

When pre-ordering games digitally, especially after major announcement events, giving users the ability to pre-order multiple games for increasing discounts would be a great way to secure pre-orders very far in advance! It would also help users get used to obtaining their games digitally vs. physically.

671 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Xbox One  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Buy, Sell, Trade Digitally Purchased Games With Other Gamers on Xbox 360

The idea was combined, but for xbox one and this was posted for xbox 360 !!!

648 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Xbox 360  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Allow us to add games to our collection without starting an install

As it is right now on the Xbox One store, when you buy a game it automatically starts a download.

I would love to have the ability buy or add a game to my collection without my console trying to install it right after.

Sometimes I do not want to install a game for bandwidth concerns or the lack of space on my hard drive, but I do not want miss out on a sale or a free game..

632 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15 comments  ·  Xbox One  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Search for Cooperative (Co-op) Games in The Xbox Store

I wanted to find a game to play with my daughter that had local coop play. There's no way to search for this type of game in the store and clicking on every game individually is pretty tedious so I gave up looking. Similarly it'd be great if you could also search for these in the games that I already own.

620 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

27 comments  ·  Xbox One  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

The Clubs & LFG Forum Is Live!

Our newest Feature Area forum, Clubs & LFG, is now live! We've added a bunch of ideas that you can now vote on both in the Feature Area forum and in the Clubs & LFG category of theNew Ideas forum!

Go to the new Clubs & LFG forum and vote for your favorite ideas!

Xbox Store

Feedback and Knowledge Base