Find ideas, requested features, or options for the Xbox Store

Trade-in deal that lets customers exchange their original Xbox One for a newer model

As someone who recently got a new xbox, hearing about the new model with the 1TB HDD due to come out in mid-june stings quite a bit.

A trade-in deal where users can exchange their current consoles + controllers for the newer model (for a reasonable price) would help ease the pain.

4,636 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

AHuge RedDragon shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

87 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • svprnova commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You can do it with your car, your computer and this will not crash capitalism.

• VagrantSynergy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Not a fan of this idea. It goes against the idea of capitalism, and understanding that this is business comes with being an adult.

• kiwi1969 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be great.
    I have xbobox one with Onkyo 7.1 receiver and a 4K tv
    As Xboxone doesn't support HDMI 2 my Onkyo receiver cannot upscale Xbox one content to 4k without glitching all over the place. Is only an issue on xboxone content ( every screen apart from main dashboard). I unplugged my tv tuner from Xbox because of this.

So a cheap trade in to get it glitch free seems like a fair solution.
    The S model would solve this issue

• street2234 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I just give up xbox one seems like something im gonna start playing less and less,when i buy something i want the best i dont care about pro gaming theres no difference i just want the best
    Im dissapointed,let down and a little dead inside i just give up.

• pawncrackers commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be down to retailers to offer such deals, but it should be a given, as it offers more business :)

• x UKz GAMER x commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It is up to retailers to do a trade in deal not Microsoft so this idea is a waste. Take your complaint up with your local retailer

• Zaro Karos commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Some of the comments I've read are completely ignorant, let's clear this up. I have an Xbox One like many others I would trade it in for a newer version at a cost. But there's no way I'm spending $399 on a new console when I just got one a couple of years back, it's not that I can't afford it, it's just I have real things to spend money on, including the game I'm buying for my Xbox every month. My point is that I would not buy the new console but I would upgrade to it, Microsoft already developed this console and it does not cost them the price the tag says, this means they won't be losing money to consumers who already own the product and just want to upgrade for better performance or just the cosmetic appeal. I stated nowhere in the article how much it should cost with the upgrade, the price is up to Microsoft but obviously a larger amount than stores or websites including eBay would provide you with.

• MemeQueen2151 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please make this happen Microsoft! I purchased my Xbox One literally 2 weeks before the newer edition was announced and now I have no money to buy the new one. Seeing the newer model announced felt like a slap to the face. It would be amazing to be able to trade my clunkier one for a smaller one.

• feathyr commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If they could figure this out, that would be beautiful and great for the Xbox user base !

← Previous 1 3 4 5

The Clubs & LFG Forum Is Live!

Our newest Feature Area forum, Clubs & LFG, is now live! We've added a bunch of ideas that you can now vote on both in the Feature Area forum and in the Clubs & LFG category of theNew Ideas forum!

Go to the new Clubs & LFG forum and vote for your favorite ideas!

Feedback and Knowledge Base