Find ideas, requested features, or options for the Xbox Store

Make a "Gift to a Friend" Purchase Option in The Xbox 360 Store - Digital Gifting

Buy an online game to give to a friend and give it to your gamertag (gift from a gamertag to another)

3,198 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

XBOXFliaFonde shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

52 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • SSJRyu X commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Absolutely this. My sister and I both have gold memberships, but she only plays the free games due to money. I would love to be able to gift her games

• BlackFlag013 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like to see this on Xbox One. My nephew just received a console and Star Wars Battlefront for his birthday. Would have thought that I could purchase the season pass for him, but found out it is not an option.

Please, make this happen Microsoft!

• Schmiloff commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

+1 but Xbox one.

I'd like to see this on Xbox one. Something similar to steams setup. You can either purchase the game for yourself or a friend and send it directly to them.

Great for Christmas gifts and to surprise your online mates!

• BizarreCannibal commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think this needs to happen for Xbox 1. I have friends that would like to play games I have, but are strapped for cash. This would be a great idea for birthdays, etc. Make this happen, Microsoft.

• II Stargazer x commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The Xbox Store on both PC and Consoles should allow you to buy Games for other players who are on your friends list at a discounted price of 10%, this would promote the Xbox Store.

The method i see this working is, you go onto your friends gamertag and click on "Gift a Game" button, this then takes you to the Xbox Store at which point you browse the games, click buy on the game you wish to Gift and it will appear on your friends "ready to download" list, you pay and they are able to play, this would be a great edition to the Xbox Store in my opinion.

What do you think?

• Firebirdeluxe commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I add my vote to this as well, be a great idea not only for friends but family as well.

There are many families I am sure besides myself where the parent's are no longer together but still have a tight bond with the ex & their own kids.

This would be a great feature to have in order to gift the ex or their kids with a game that they seriously want but can't afford.

This would avoid having to go to places such as gamesdeal,cdkeys, or Amazon in order to buy codes or hard copy games of which I find myself frequently doing (most times cheaper than at the marketplace but not all times).

This would create more revenue for MS and XBOX due to the "gift a friend" could be used to buy games for kid's birthdays,Christmas,Thanksgiving, doing great in school for grades or any other special occasion as well.

As many others have also said for your friends of which the same would also apply outside of maybe "doing great in school" LOL.

This feature could be applied for buying backwards compatibility as well. This way any friends or family that are gifted could be able to play it on both the One and the 360 if they have both systems. It would be the variation form of Free Games for Gold Month where you can DLC the 360 and One games all onto both consoles.

Just a thought to think about MS & XBOX.

Make this feature available and create more revenue. A win win situation for both sides..

They get the game for both consoles due to backward compatiblity and you recieve more revenue in the millions or billions

• Isaiah12Ruffin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Xbox One is now used and Xbox 360 is barely used. Xbox One users need to donate/gift games to Xbox 360 users, that way, it will make them happy. You will donate/gift games that are Xbox One Backward Compatibility and Xbox 360 games.

• Kaiyados commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

So, I bought Destiny (physical copy) when it first came out and bought the Destiny Expansion Pass (includes expansion I and expansion II) code at the same time.

Then recently decided to get the Taken King expansion by buying Destiny: The Taken King Legendary Edition (physical copy) which comes with a disc, epansion I, expansion II, and Taken King expansion. I was planning to give the first disc copy of Destiny to a friend who just got an xbox, and also give him expansion I and expansion II codes because I already own them.

Come to find out that Taken King for Xbox One comes with only one code that unlocks all three. So I've paid for, redeemed, and have the license for expansion I and expansion II twice.

I'd like to see Microsoft give us a way to turn in a code (if it has multiple items) to receive individual codes for the individual items within. Or when redeeming the code, Microsoft send a message with "gift" codes for the items you already unlocked.

• AheadBL commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Let's just hope this beats license transferring.

In other words: I agree with this.

• Kmdr Kibneg commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Steam has a similar system that me and my friends have used on pc. It helps when one of us needs help covering the cost for a dlc that we need to play together. A good example would be buying Call of Duty dlc for zombie maps. I know of at least three packs I'd buy for my friends.

• SlickFawn304505 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yeah I see no problem with this and for the people saying that your kids can get bad games from their friends is that you can have a parent control on the account so they can't receive a game that's not appropriate for their age.

• Crewdog217 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The argument here will be that kids will get a hold of games that they shouldn't have...I'm assuming. One word answer for you......Parenting.

• Crewdog217 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Great idea. Should be implemented ASAP. Contact me for more opinions on why this should happen. Xbox Live and other game companies will profit more if this is made possible.

← Previous 1 3

The Clubs & LFG Forum Is Live!

Our newest Feature Area forum, Clubs & LFG, is now live! We've added a bunch of ideas that you can now vote on both in the Feature Area forum and in the Clubs & LFG category of theNew Ideas forum!

Go to the new Clubs & LFG forum and vote for your favorite ideas!

Feedback and Knowledge Base