Find ideas, requested features, or options for the Xbox Store

Make a "Gift to a Friend" Purchase Option in The Xbox One Store - Digital Gifting

When a new game comes out not all my friends are able to buy it right away or pre order because lets be real here: games are expensive.... Sometimes I just want to get the game for them (you know help a bro out) cuz I wannaplay with them. Therefore there should be a feature where you can just go to the store from your Xbox one and buy the game for your friend and then you'd type their gamertag so the game would be sent to their Xbox one digitally and it would be found in my games and apps for them waiting to be downloaded

5,298 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

MsOPG shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

383 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • PGCrusher commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Are you Kidding Me?! This should've been included from Day One! I just assumed it was and came to buy a game for someone and found out I couldn't.

Do you realize how much revenue you've already missed out on by not doing this from the beginning?

• PrinceJron commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We need this! Not sure why this isn't already a feature because they are actually losing money on purchases that could've be made instantly and sent as a gift.

• M4t3usz PL commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like to be able to pass a digital game from my library to my child. Such a donation. The child would then be able to play on his second console at home. Donate digital game to any Microsoft account. In the end, bought the game on my account is my property. Since I can give my child a car, why can not I do this with the digital version of the game. Please allow me to transfer the digital versions of games from one Microsoft account to another Misrosoft account.

• Tactical Asuna commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The gamesharing idea does not work for everything. Aka the forza motorsport games you can not share the dlc's at all but on the opposite side of the forza series aka the forza horizon games you can indeed share all the dlc for the game. I found that out the hard way. Both of my forza motorsport games that I own aka forza motorsport 5 and forza motorsport 6 I can not share any of the dlc for them I have tried. And after many failed chat and phone calls about not being able to gameshare any of the dlc for the forza motorsport games it basically came down to some games you can not gameshare dlc and some games can indeed gameshare dlc. So bottom line is I'm 1 of the people that would benifit from the game gifting idea and hope when it becomes a thing it will not just be for new purchases.

• markawes commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be good, however at the moment you could purchase the game in digital code format if available and send the code to the person.

• TK2385 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think I have the same problem. I want to gift Destiny 2 to a friend, but it is not possible. Instead of giving a somewhat personalized, specific gift to my friend, I think my only option is to buy a gift card, which I hate.

P.S. It took 30 minutes of navigating the website, several failed virtual assistant interactions, three failed chat attempts, and 20 minutes of wait time on the phone to learn I could not send a game as a gift.

• j4yt411 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Gta is not a good game for minors so I guess I would disagree on that game and u can gift if u know how but has to be the right child age

• ImTheMetalLord commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

ReverendGonz01 you don't have a clue man. Mike Ybarra just tweeted out today saying they are close to adding this feature. Don't overthink everything and think your write and write up a "I'm smarter then everyone" comment then not expect some comment like mine pointing out how NOT SMART you are!

• organichalcyon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

THIS! - combined with a wishlist would be great for gifting, especially when friends live around the world and not in the neighborhood.

The Steam Shop is the best example for this.

• ReverendGonzO1 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Don't be dumb people. There's no"gift" button for a reason and I guarantee that reason is money. For example when gift cards are used there's always fractions of digital dollars left over because nothing we buy is ever rounded to the nearest whole dollar. It's not an oversight and Microsoft very strategically forces us to exchange local digital currency for their digital currency because micosoft isn't stupid. Just their customers it seems. You can argue that money is lost by not having a "gift" button but the numbers speak for themselves. The games will continue to make millions and Microsoft will continue to capitilize on the fractions of leftover dollars. If you don't like it then engineer and produce your own game console/game network or simply get a hardcopy of the desired digital media and have it shipped directly to the giftee.

• Se7enPsykopaths commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree, I might not like digital copies. But, I'd like to buy games for family and or friends through MY Xbox One store.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 19 20

The Clubs & LFG Forum Is Live!

Our newest Feature Area forum, Clubs & LFG, is now live! We've added a bunch of ideas that you can now vote on both in the Feature Area forum and in the Clubs & LFG category of theNew Ideas forum!

Go to the new Clubs & LFG forum and vote for your favorite ideas!

Feedback and Knowledge Base