Find ideas, requested features, or options for the Xbox Store

Make a "Gift to a Friend" Purchase Option in The Xbox One Store - Digital Gifting

When a new game comes out not all my friends are able to buy it right away or pre order because lets be real here: games are expensive.... Sometimes I just want to get the game for them (you know help a bro out) cuz I wannaplay with them. Therefore there should be a feature where you can just go to the store from your Xbox one and buy the game for your friend and then you'd type their gamertag so the game would be sent to their Xbox one digitally and it would be found in my games and apps for them waiting to be downloaded

4,581 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

MsOPGMsOPG shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

358 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Lord of XBonesLord of XBones commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would also like to buy games thru the store and gift them to my nephews in other states. I dont care about the physical copies since sometimes I would like the option of buying the digital games on sale and just gifting the code for them

• TriplePanther89TriplePanther89 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Microsoft, I'd buy 4 games RIGHT NOW. I already bought and own theM all but I'd like to "help a bro out".

I GUARANTEE you are missing out on a considerable amount of money every quarter...

• HansaplastiqueHansaplastique commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Still can't find this option ... too bad, I'd purchased a copy of a few games for my nephews, who do not have a credit card (and considering their age, they should have a credit card anyway) .. Microsoft; you're missing an opportunity here ... but if you haven't woken up yet to do something about this, after 3 years, then I guess it will never happen.

• WifelyDrop9612WifelyDrop9612 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be great but unless microsoft changes the terms of agreement policy- that's never gonna happen :(

• tarantuloid6078tarantuloid6078 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

i will personally promise you profit from just me alone microsoft i plan on spending 60 bucks next month getting my friends cards to buy black ops 2 and the month after i'm spending money to get them season passes if they don't get them themselves you will get a constant stream of money from this microsoft and considering you're about to make the biggest *** up in human history putting micro transactions in minecraft it might be a good idea to get this in to make enough money to laugh all the lost fans out the door

• MsOPGMsOPG commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Lmao these comments though, it's been a while since I've revisited this...
    Sad to see it's still an issue

• Benevolent SwayBenevolent Sway commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Xbox Points can be used to buy stuff right why not make it so you can transfer it to a friend but, it would have a code that only the sender sees and they have to give it to the receiver so they don't accidentally give it to someone else. If they don't access it via the password within a month or so it would be sent back to the sender so they can resend it or use it themselves.

• CleverSpace498CleverSpace498 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is one of the MANY reasons digital downloads are worthless. Buy physical copies and preloaded cards if you want to gift them. Digital is too easy to run scams with.

• HossAregooDHossAregooD commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just tried looking for this today. My cousin cant afford a game so i was going to buy it for him via my console from the store but nope. Lil inconvienent... :(

• SinfulJoshSinfulJosh commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Like the idea.. but it could be HEAVILY exploited.

example:

scammer posts online or sets up a site offering xbox store games for 50% of their list price.
    gamer purchases game from scammer and pays him via external methods (like paypal/bitcoin/etc) for the game.
    scammer uses some compromised account... or maybe hes some teen whose account has their parents card on file to "gift" the gamer his game and scammer completes the sale..

until the compromised gamer contacts xbox and initiates fraud claims or the scammers parents contact microsoft about the unauthorized charges..

then microsoft is forced to address fraud or chargebacks etc... PLUS they would reverse the gift and since the original gamer that thought he was getting a deal paid using external methods... hes completely out of luck.

• WifelyDrop9612WifelyDrop9612 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

• NaturallyNativeNaturallyNative commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm currently facing this issue, I have a friend from out of the country and we can't get games for one another.

• Drice25Drice25 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This really needs to become a thing because my buddy lives in North Dakato and I live in Ohio and I want to buy a game for him and can't

• Ravon69Ravon69 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Face it people, this concept is too simple for microsoft to grasp. why would they want to sell multiple copies of a game to someone who wants to buy it and share with their friends. I have wanted to purchase games from my brothers, but couldn't, so i didn't. how does that effect sales. well its great for impulse control, its saved me money several times when i just wanted to get a title and just couldn't make it work. so i stopped. the alternative is to buy a game, buy packing materials, pay postage, mail it, wait for delivery....... too much hassle, like who is gonna do that. Somebody should tell ms about the computer revolution and how data can be exchanged between users thru networks. ahh the power of limited thought

← Previous 1 3 4 5 17 18

The Clubs & LFG Forum Is Live!

Our newest Feature Area forum, Clubs & LFG, is now live! We've added a bunch of ideas that you can now vote on both in the Feature Area forum and in the Clubs & LFG category of theNew Ideas forum!

Go to the new Clubs & LFG forum and vote for your favorite ideas!

Feedback and Knowledge Base