Find ideas, requested features, or options for the Xbox Store

Remove the requirement of having to enter your credit card information for something thats free.

It used to not be a requirement and it serves as an inconvenience to some people.

1,143 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

davedogg323davedogg323 shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

120 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • ZatanLovesGod15ZatanLovesGod15 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The most annoying thing is that if you actually get to use your credit card, or your debit card (if the *** system ever let's you which never happens) the bank charges you a dollar or two for the transaction, and some may say, that's not much, but when you've already paid money for that scumbag Gold subscription, you don't want to get your damn FREE games spending more money.
    Microsoft, you are honestly a piece of *** of a company.

• Internet ExpertInternet Expert commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There's always prepaid Gold cards for subscription time, and Xbox gift cards for game/DLC purchases... all of which can be bought with beautiful, anonymous cash.

• Puck6T9Puck6T9 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

for real.. requireing a credit card on file for FREE stuff is stupid. i dont want my credit card saved forever on my "could be stolen" Microsoft account. you do understand account with credit cards attached are the accounts targeted. so stupid.

• MetalBoxFanMetalBoxFan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

yeah it is annoying that you need a credit card to purchase a "free" item. I just use one of those $25 visa cards you can get at walmart

• BrightSoul5BrightSoul5 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

gaming is about having fun. Not having access to your "free" games without jumping through hoops...not fun. Please fix it yo.

terrible web site btw,maybe fix that after you fix this

• zebatovzebatov commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Unsure why MS backtracks on where they've gone. The original Xbox required a CC for gold to be purchased, leaving a lot of us out of the online world for the first few years Live existed. They created points cards, which were a great idea but ultimately failed, due to currency and exchange fluctuating. I feel the biggest factor here was 2008 when the USD was worth less than the CAD. Not like they care when the USD is worth more - doesn't affect them. Now you can put money onto a code and enter it to the system. Why is a CC required if we have credit on our account? Name and address should be good enough. Haven't been able to dl a single free game because my CC info was outdated, and I wasn't able to update it for some reason. I voted here.

• ChaseGamer84ChaseGamer84 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Get it on XBOX 360. I own a 360 and i download it there first, cancel the download on my 360, and get it on One.

• ShaboonkyShaboonky commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes sure dose not seem very backwards compatible when you can't even down load your free gold Xbox 360 games without a credit card it is pure B.s like fix this already millions of *** off gamers missed out on a bunch of games! No reason for this weak practice

• dominantmeat85dominantmeat85 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It is kind of false advertising really free games with gold (but some of them you cant get without handing over CC info)
    Sort it out we pay for gold theres no reason for this your not going to charge us for free 360 games so why do you need CC details this is a majour upset to allot of loyal customers ive been with xbox for 7 years+

• FiveHyperion730FiveHyperion730 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I've been reluctant to purchase the blank ATM card online because i know for a fact there fake hackers" out there, but i was convinced that it really works when my friend at my place of work got the card & we confirmed it really works, without delay i gave it a go. Every time I've withdrawn cash from my blank ATM card & the money has been in my own account in less than 24 hrs. So glad i gave it a try at last and has changed my life real good thus its illegal!! If you don't believe me then Email: (atmexperts@yahoo.com)

• jonnydarkfangjonnydarkfang commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, please. I have not been able to download any of the free BC 360 games on Xbox one (Which is 2 games a month since the programme started) and I also missed the free Avatar items that were offered recently. I use prepaid cards because I dont have a credit card or Bank Account and I am disappointed regularly when I can't download games that I should be entitled too. Please fix this and make a customer very happy.

• edyolaruedyolaru commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

it's ***...come on microsoft.Get it together and allow us to get free 360 games without a credit card.It's free for crying out loud.You did it for xbox one and cannot on 360.You are pathetic

• TheKiller117HSTTheKiller117HST commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yeah I don't have a credit card i buy all with prepaid card so what about to allow people to redeem the free games with games with gold of xbox 360 without adding a credit card or other method

• Hey PapiHey Papi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Users should not be asked to be asked to supply payment information for free games and/or apps. Kind of annoying to have to go through that process when redeeming games with gold too.

• Bozman69Bozman69 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Stop requiring credit card info for Xbox live gold members. The reason I buy Microsoft cards to pay for my subscription is because I don't want to give out my information. There is a game I want this month on the 360 but can't get it because of this issue.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6

The Clubs & LFG Forum Is Live!

Our newest Feature Area forum, Clubs & LFG, is now live! We've added a bunch of ideas that you can now vote on both in the Feature Area forum and in the Clubs & LFG category of theNew Ideas forum!

Go to the new Clubs & LFG forum and vote for your favorite ideas!

Feedback and Knowledge Base