Find ideas, requested features, or options for the Xbox Store

Allow Microsoft Money / Account Currency as a Payment Option for 360 Titles

If i try to buy any content or games via the xbox store on the xbox website it charges directly to my creditcard even though I have sufficient funds in my Microsoft Account.
It should either give me the option to use my Microsoft account or automatically charge my account in the first instance.
Paying with Microsoft money is currently only possible when purchasing via the console.

2,402 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Sharky99x shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

299 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • B1zarr0 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Seriously. Fix your store Microsoft!

You go on and on about backwards compatibility yet limit ways that your customers can purchase the previous gen titles (ie: can't use Microsoft account balance)

Hell, even including a way to download demos for Xbox 360 games onto the Xbox One then allowing us to purchase the full version via the demo could work in a round about way. (I know this because I loaded up an Xbox 360 on the Xbox One and was given an option to buy DLC using my MS account balance because it was emulating the 360)

• ediskrad327 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

3 Years, front page, still not a thing they seem to be fixing! It's incredibly frustrating that on one hand i cannot get my Xbox 360 games on the console since i dare to go out of the country and the region lock error 80150017. No matter! I can still buy them on Xbox.com and Xbox One right? Oh look it NEEDS to be paid with a credit card? So all the money on my account is worthless? Wish they at least tried looking on these "user voice" posts...

• EpYoN015 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Exactly the same problem here and i already owned the xbox 360 title Oblivion with a bunch of expansion packs however there were a few big ones that i got by buying a hard copy of a expansion pack which funny enough no longer works...seems they made Oblivion backwards compatible but not the old Expansion packs...now i'm sitting here staring at a downloadable content which i can't pay for with the Microsoft money...I don't feel like using a credit card to re-buy a couple of old expansion packs.

• YZA The 3rd Ltr commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's the 23rd of December and they still haven't fixed this issue. I been trying to purchase Star Wars KOTOR and Sonic Adventure 2 since yesterday and nothing. And the card I have, they won't take it as a credit card. Fuuu...

• WeaklySet25249 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

YES THIS IS A GOOD IDEA
    ALSO COMBINING THE POINTS IN THE XBOX PURCHASE TO ALLOW A DISCOUNT WITH MICROSOFT POINTS

• Ebula Jonez commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I want to play Ninja Gaiden Black and Critereon's Black since I can't find the disc but I can't purchase them with the gift card i bought for the purpose

• SadisticxSlashr commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If you insist on purchasing a 360 back compat game then seek a friend who still owns the platform and make a purchase through the 360 marketplace, after so you should see the game downloading on your Xbox queue or ready to install.

• quantumwave commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

haha the top comment is exactly what I was about to type. This is ridiculous! come on now! I just bought a card and I can't buy the game I wanted?! how is this not already possible?

• Lone Wolf 23350 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Make the dlcs work on Xbox one went to buy Mass effect trilogy dlcs use voucher at Xbox store but won't let me please fix problem it hard playing games knowing you are not getting the full experience of the game

• SwordofWhedon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You can use credit if you do it on 360. The redemption systems are not currently connected and won’t be till they do the 360 migration to the one XBL backbone that’s in the works.

• ShanDaMn commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Trying to buy an original xbox game (ninja gaiden black) without a credit card. Does anyone know if I can use my 360 to do so?

• ROFL CHOPTER117 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

so now I can't play the mythic maps on halo three because I don't use a credit card!?!?!?!??!?!??!? Fix this

← Previous 1 3 4 5 14 15

The Clubs & LFG Forum Is Live!

Our newest Feature Area forum, Clubs & LFG, is now live! We've added a bunch of ideas that you can now vote on both in the Feature Area forum and in the Clubs & LFG category of theNew Ideas forum!

Go to the new Clubs & LFG forum and vote for your favorite ideas!

Feedback and Knowledge Base