Find ideas, requested features, or options for the Xbox Store

Download History

This is for Xbox One and 360, Please can we have a better way of viewing are purchase history?. I tried today to find my limited edition DLC for Red Dead Redemption and couldn't find it in the store because its for limited edition owners only. So I looked in the download history on the 360 and if you scroll down to fast it crashes out with a error code. Then I tried on xbox.com, and that is totally useless, it takes you to a View Transactions page outside of xbox.com that has no download links. It never used to be like that, so why change it?

Please give us better control of our purchases. Thanks you MS

1,709 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

mik29 shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

20 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Midnite Rider commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Don't fall for the Xbox scam, you spend thousands of dollars on their products, games, videos and movies and when things suddenly no longer work (Purchased digital content including TV shows, Music Videos, Movies, etc. no longer work because they have made changes to their UI and if you don't have proof from 14 years back to current date for absolutely every single little thing you have purchased they don't care, refuse to help you and accuse you of never having bought it from their store front. I have spent days trying to resolve my issue and they totally refuse to make my 16 GB of music videos, TV shows and movies to work because I can't pull receipts out of my *** from 10-14 years ago, and yet I have videos I have paid money for even as recently as 2011 and they don't even have ANY records. I say ***. They have records, I found somewhere where I could see purchases for games and add-ons, but low and behold when I try to load the page that shows my video purchases the page will only error out no matter what browser I use to try to view it. Bottom line is they will take your money and tell you to FO because you can't produce receipts from over 10 years ago that should be reflected in your on-line account. If I ever get money to buy a new console I will never ever buy another MS product and I suggest you follow me. I am not a tech novice by any means, My profession has been robotics and computers, I know my way around any tech. , they tell me to just download it over again but it is hard when they don't show any of the video content you download. I have never purchased and digital content from anywhere but the Xbox Store, this is how they treat a disabled vet and a 14 year long Live member. Just the fees for their service for 14 years should get them to help me, let alone the over 500 games and 6 or 7 consoles since the original Xbox came out. I am on a fixed income and a new console is not an option so I guess I will just have to consider I've thrown all my money away supporting Xbox and their consoles. Too bad Bill Gates can't see this but believe me I am copying this post in it's entirety and am going to spread it to every new station, paper and show, as well as the entire Tech community, the gaming community and everywhere else I can find to post this on the internet. You have *** the wrong person over Xbox. I am a disabled vet that was using this as therapy, Looks like PlayStation will get my support from now on, and I hope you look at how much I have spent since 2004 on your consoles, games and add-ons because you will not see that again from me and I will do all I can to inform ALL vets, and the entire tech community on the internet of this farce you run and the fact you refuse to help me. I even asked to speak to supervisors and was totally Ignored. That's how much they care. They don't care about you at all, all they want is your money.

• HyruleBalverine commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would very much like to see a list similar to what they currently have for the 360. But also make it simpler to organize or filter our results / lists to make searching easier.

• Bob YAMADA commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We can check the history on the microsoft account web page, but it would be nice if we can also check them on the consoles.

• Genesis1953 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Making the download history more accessible and for longer periods would make it easier to manage an account. It would help the player know if and when a game was purchased faster. Maybe consider a 3 year purchase history in an easy to read format.

• reliK99 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

https://live.xbox.com/en-US/download/history
    I think this is an older tool for viewing your 360 download history (and Games for Windows Live) which is fairly buried on their site. I have favorited it because I can never find it except by searching.
    It can be useful for viewing your 360 history, but I'm not sure any such tool exists for Xbox One.

• TattoodMinion commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

this is a feature on the Xbox 360 that I used a lot and was extremely useful for people and think it should be brought back for the Xbox one

• Vorpa McCrackin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

YES YES YES. I just need somewhere under "My Account" that just shows *ALL* the stuff I own, whether it's a game for Xbox 360, One, or a Windows Phone app I purchased. Please please add this!!!

• GearSynch commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just go ahead and do what Steam does.
    My Games- big list, installed in one colour, purchased but uninstalled in another.
    Throw in a filter to show/hide games by status and you're tickityboo.

• VeryDark Omega commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'VE BEEN WANTING THS FOR AGES!!! I HAVE SOOOOOO MANY GAMES AND DLC TO SORT THROUGH WITH NO WAY TO CATEGORIZE IT!!!!!

• Mharyn commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree very strongly with this sentiment. I hope this idea gets on the radar for the Microsoft team. I have many digital purchases on the Xbox 360 and I honestly do not even remember them all. I can't keep them all installed of course, so now I feel as though I have lost digital content that I have paid for. In fact, I have gone back through my download history and found items that say they are "no longer available," but they don't say what the product is! I definitely feel like I'm being robbed when I can't see what content I have purchased and the downloads for those products can be discontinued without notice and without any way of me even finding out what content I have lost access to. If Microsoft wants to move toward a digital download marketplace as the primary way customers receive games and other content, customers need to feel like their purchases truly are their own and not a glorified rental. I, for one, with stick to disc copies from now until this issue is resolved.

• AkaiGAF commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yep, categories for Download History would be good. We should be able to sort by "A-Z", "Recent", "Category (Game, DLC, Avatar stuff)" and whatever else there is.

• SGT FURY commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree with CIDkidzPILLZ, there needs to be categories for the download history. It's a chore to navigate it.

• spocksbrother commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like the my games section to function like Xbox videos. My game library would show all my games even if not downloaded to box and I could redownload from there. Also the ability to download all DLC I own for a game with 1 button.

• CIDkidzPILLZ commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like the option for the console to have download history set in categories as well.
    Sometimes I would rather not have to go threw the process of signing into my account on xbox.com just to search threw past purchases, downloads ECT...
    After all, what is the point in having the download history on the console, if it's nearly impossible to navigate?

• dreadddreamer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If you logged on to xbox.com website, you can go to My Accounts > Manage Devices > Purchase History so you will see all the games and DLC you owned and they will have the option to "Add to Queue". If you're signed in to the console, it will automatically start the download on the console.

The Clubs & LFG Forum Is Live!

Our newest Feature Area forum, Clubs & LFG, is now live! We've added a bunch of ideas that you can now vote on both in the Feature Area forum and in the Clubs & LFG category of theNew Ideas forum!

Go to the new Clubs & LFG forum and vote for your favorite ideas!

Feedback and Knowledge Base