Find ideas, requested features, or options for the Xbox Store

Buy, Sell And Trade Digitally Purchased Games With Other Gamers on Xbox One

Let us trade our digital games with each other. You take a cut of the fee that is paid to the person getting paid and then sit back and watch as digital game sales skyrocket.

[Mod Edit: This idea was merged with similar ideas from imaidiot19, D TheLastKing and others. Thanks everyone!]

3,527 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Van Faulk shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

108 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • M4t3usz PL commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like to be able to pass a digital game from my library to my child. Such a donation. The child would then be able to play on his second console at home. Donate digital game to any Microsoft account. In the end, bought the game on my account is my property. Since I can give my child a car, why can not I do this with the digital version of the game. Please allow me to transfer the digital versions of games from one Microsoft account to another Misrosoft account.

• HyruleBalverine commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be a great way to gift digital games to friends and family. Think of the holiday sales, Microsoft!

• MaximumExtreme commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be great if reality. I have a lot of digital games that I don't even play anymore and would love to trade them in towards newer digital tittles.

• weedee23 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Make a ebay like platform for xbox one where we can put our digital games for sale then people bid winner pays we get store credit goes back to xbox everyone wins.

• napoearth commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is especially helpful for XBLA games and DLC that has been delisted. There are a number of games/DLC I would like to play that are now delisted. If I could buy them as used content from others, it would be great.
    This could be done in a way that purchasers buy the license with MS account money and the sellers get credit toward MS content. They can make it a set amount so that the developer/publisher gets a cut.

• frankgeto22 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Xbox should create an app the let xbox users with digital games trade games and sell games (owners price) they no longer play or want with other players

• TKO1111 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like a system in place almost like ebay but for digital games. Where the gamer sells to other gamers but the publishers sets a minimum price or gets a 15% cut. This system would allow digital games to flourish and bring more good will to gamers and the XBOX brand.

• AdaptiveCleric2 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It should be that it shows the value of your game and it shows the value of the other persons games, then you can trade. Just like cs:go

• GoQbert commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I voted for this, but have now changed my mind. I think gifting it outright might cause lots of problems (most notably, the developer/publisher should get a cut here). I do like the idea of being able to "lend" a copy to a friend somehow, but do not know how to make that work without having an entire underground "trade digital games" market spring up. For physical copies though, I certainly wish the original plan Microsoft had for the one was implemented.

• Len 9000000 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We all know you guys wanted to kill off GameStop, so get with it. This is how you can do it. I'm sure it won't happen because I've seen how MS operates. If THEY are not making money off the sale, then no way. But I can get games for less than $10 on eBay or Gamestop when they are $60 in the Xbox Store... rediculous.

• Delpoi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Being a supporter of the digital only market this would help me a lot and also Microsoft can make some money back which would help them to :)

• BDrew93 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Almost like an 'eBay' App but specifically for digital titles that you don't want.
    [Mod edit: External link removed]
    watch the link above as I explain in my youtube video fully but in a nutshell, an app where you can put your games up for bid and you can try to get a bit of money back for a digital game you no longer want, no different to selling a physical copy in your local CEX shop.
    also the option to buy other peoples unwanted games digitally.
    very doable in my opinion and would be a good feature.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6

The Clubs & LFG Forum Is Live!

Our newest Feature Area forum, Clubs & LFG, is now live! We've added a bunch of ideas that you can now vote on both in the Feature Area forum and in the Clubs & LFG category of theNew Ideas forum!

Go to the new Clubs & LFG forum and vote for your favorite ideas!

Feedback and Knowledge Base