Find ideas, requested features, or options for the Xbox Store

More Game Demos on the Xbox One Marketplace

There's simply not enough game demo's on the Xbox One marketplace.

I'd love to try out the latest new games before I buy. For instance, Plants vs Zombies and Watchdogs. If I had the opportunity to have played a demo of them it would have helped aid my decision whether or not to make a purchase. As it stands I have not got either of them.

Would be great to trial them. Same with Xbox Arcade or those type of games for Xbox One. They are quite expensive on the One so a trial is a must have before going ahead with the purchase.

[Mod Edit: This idea was merged with similar ideas posted by pinkelite57 and MLyons 001. Thanks everyone!]

6,039 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

AG Bucky Barnes shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
Team Xbox Comment  ·  AdminTeam Xbox (Admin, Xbox) responded  · 

Publishers can create game demos in our Store for their games based on a variety of factors, such as play time, etc.  We are working with publishers to bring early access, betas and other content to Xbox, but it is up to each publisher to decide whether they want to provide a game demo. – Mike Ybarra (gamertag: Qwik)

106 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • IRON STORM 62 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

But why do demos and previews show up on game achievement list and I can't remove them? I don't download them anymore. I have 360 arcade game demos that I played 2-3 years ago showing up on my xbox one game list.

• Jim Rider 1 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Jim Rider 1 here
    There is a new TMNT come out soon called.TMNT: Mutants in Manhattan
    I Thick it will be good if Xbox Store put
    Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Turtles in Time Re-Shelled and TMNT 1989 Arcade back on the Xbox shop online for as to buy on the some day as the new TMNT come out like for two weeks.

• IconicMaster1 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Team xbox can you get rid of the option to buy a game with a credit card in the xbox store marketplace?

• soImproved commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agree with others. We made a purchase for a game we thought we would like and ended up disliking very much. How were we to know without a demo like what was available on the 360? We have liked other similar game(s) so we thoughts why not... Now we have a game we will never play again and are out $20.

• BENZEEL commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Here here! Where have the demos gone? I always like to try a game before I spend my hard earned money on them!

• bad0425 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm tired of seeing games that look good and then I buy it and it's terrible then it's to late. Their needs to be away to try the beginning of games like the tutorial parts atleast.

• CorporalRumble1 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There's hardly any game demos available for xbox one.

I really like to try before I buy, as games are quite pricey nowadays.
    There were heaps of demos for the xbox 360. And I notice there isn't a filter for demos on the xbox one dash board

• OneSwitch888 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Players need a fair chance to try games to see if they can play them. Demos seem a very elusive thing on Xbox One. Hard to find, and far too few of them.

• OneSwitch888 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Massively important for accessibility. Many players are worried they may be wasting money on a games if they can't try them first to get a taste of how accessible they may be.

• darkblood66669 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

there are very far and few demos for xbox one games not like the 360 when every single game has one. how are we suppost to know if we well like a certain game if we cant even have a taste of what its like making pre ordering games a nightmare not only do we not know what we well get if we do pre order a game but also if we dont know if we well regreat paying 60 to 100 dollars for some garbage that we could just use as a door stopper

• TripleTopper321 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Check out my similar idea where devs can make money off demos, but players pay nothing. It could be a temporary or permanent feature. ADWARE gaming. It's more effective than advertising on TV becuase you can't time-shift gameplay and skip the commercials. Developers get paid for the curisoiuty facetime, not just the diehards. You choose how deep you want to support it. (the more you play, the more commercials you watch) And developers only make sequels if they've got something new to say. Not just the 201x veriosn of the game. If it's popular enough, the sequel feature will get more adtime. If you like this idea, check out my separate idea for that by searching on Xbox forums, the term "Adware"..

• Lea Knight commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Full game demos
    For a few hours from once downloading it
    Yes

Please do this for every and all games for sale

• xXDeComposXx commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This idea is wonderful, but I think the demos should be the full game with a limited time, for example 1, 3 or 10 hours. And not how to give them repetitive of a particular part of the game.

• God Is Baseline commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like every game on Xbox One to come with a 30 minute trial. Like free play days. But only 30 minutes. You download game, it sets a timer, and when you've played 30 minutes, it says "would you like to buy this game"? If you choose no, it stops working. And you can keep it on your harddrive to buy it later or just buy the game and the 30 minute timer disappears. It would be like a beta (black ops 3, rainbow six siege) so people can actually play the game before they buy it. Because you can look at hours of trailers, but until you actually "play" the game, you can't be sure you want it. For example, I downloaded the rainbow six siege beta, and after 30 minutes, I knew I was gonna pass on it. Or something like indie games, people could play it and find they like it and will buy it. You could make it a Gold member perk, or subscription. I REALLY WANT THIS FEATURE! So if you could, please include it.

• TKT Monochrome commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

For the love of God, please bring this feature back. I know that Xbox is trying to distance itself from the whole XBLA brand because it conjures up images of "small" or "cheap" games, but seriously, this service was popular on the Xbox 360 for a reason and one of its signature features was Game Trials. EVERY SINGLE Xbox Live Arcade game had a trial feature and there were MULTIPLE times where I reached the end of the trial only to be prompted to continue by buying the full game and then did so! Why not bring this feature back for the non-retail, smaller digital games (or whatever you're calling it these days, XBLA v2.0 games imo), and hey, while you're at it, do it for full retail games too. I would MUCH more inclined to buy a game if I could sample it first.

• kenny leo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You need to do a better job getting Demos on the Xbox One Store.

Seriously no Forza 5 Demo??? I mean what gives. It was the first thing I looked for back in 2014. I'm not a big racing fan but I loved the Demo at Gamestop and had I been able to spend more time with a small clip of the game I probably would own it right now.

Xbox 360 was awesome with all the demos. It was great playing those 15 to 30 min segments. It sold me on so many games. Now you might as well not even have a Demo section on your store.

It's trash. Absolutely. Everything else is great on your service for this to be so lacking.

Hell be the first to release Final Fantasy 15 demo to everyone!!! I am not buying the garbage that is Type 0 just to try 15 out.

TRY HARDER LIKE YOU USED TO

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6

The Clubs & LFG Forum Is Live!

Our newest Feature Area forum, Clubs & LFG, is now live! We've added a bunch of ideas that you can now vote on both in the Feature Area forum and in the Clubs & LFG category of theNew Ideas forum!

Go to the new Clubs & LFG forum and vote for your favorite ideas!

Feedback and Knowledge Base