Find ideas, requested features, or options for the Xbox Store

pre-order/pre-load digitally

Giving more power to those of us choosing to go digital by allowing us to preorder and pre-install games. This is huuuge!

[Mod Edit: This idea has been merged with similar ideas by apex nz, DjDATZ, Bonk Choy, and xDatBlackKidx. Thanks everyone!]

8,372 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

ZealotSangheiliZealotSangheili shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

347 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • HeebieGeeberHeebieGeeber commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Wtf preorders dont get xharged til 10 days b4 now. Sadly this means that im done preordering. Bc im not gonna keep buying games if u wont go ahead and charge me. I do not like this charge looming over my acc and if it overdrafts me in april im canceling xbox live. Terrible policy makes no sense. Obviosly these preorders do not help the developer make the game so im done. Now that Ms is inconveniencing me like this...

• STR8 TIGGZSTR8 TIGGZ commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

How do I download my pre ordered game ? I got black ops 3 and it downloaded something but it's only 106 mb,I thought I could download the game before it comes out so I don't have to later,or am I just way to early ? Lol

• BigboiNic2212BigboiNic2212 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

So you will be able to download it then at 12 on the day it comes out you can go ahead and play it

• I8 G1GG5Y 78I8 G1GG5Y 78 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You should enable pre-download for people who order a hard copy, of course you would be required to insert the disc when it arrives to play

• PsychoLizard69PsychoLizard69 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like a way of telling the Xbox that you intend to buy a game and it would automatically download any updates or even start to install the game before you get a physical copy.

I new I was going to get Witcher 3 a few days before I had the money but once I got it, it took 45 minutes to install and update. These are valuable gaming minutes I missed. The updates will now continue now I have the game installed and the always on feature selected but it would have been nice to get home, insert the disk and play.

• PsychoPillowsPsychoPillows commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It doesn't matter when pre-orders become available since its unlimited stock.
    It appears that games appear for pre-load when a games gone gold so expect Arkham Knight to appear 2 weeks before release.
    Also this is probably done because of game delays.

• Meow Danny 97Meow Danny 97 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have to say, this does seem like a nice idea. But wouldn't it take some time for them to be able to do it?

• Itachi69XItachi69X commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I pre-ordered and pre-downloaded both COG: Advanced Warfare and Halo: Master Chief Collection and pre-downloaded both onto my system but their icons and the DLC content keeps queuing up after it already downloaded but does not show it downloading. Anyone having problems with this as well?

• XsonXson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think the pre-order/pre-load still had problem.
    US is fine, but on other region, the unlock time is not the same as the content description (For exmaple, Sunset overdrive)

Please fix this problem.

Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare and Halo: The Master Chief Collection are now available for pre-order & pre-download!!!

• VBM85VBM85 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My thoughts exactly. It's bad enough that we're still paying $60 for a caseless, manualless, discless game. But waiting an additional 3 hours is a slap in the face when I could give me money to a Gamestop to play a game on time.

• biggain231biggain231 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Only a couple titles for pre order where is cod AW, AC, BFH, i see the witcher MKX and homefront none of which i can purchase misses joust your response implies that all the content is available are only certain games going to be available for preorder do you have more feed back other than the same gamescom link which i have seen 10 times please provide more feedback this is marked completed but doesnt seem to b

• biggain231biggain231 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

MS im pre ordering titles on ps4 simply because i can lets get it together

Sincerly a xbox fan

• Mmmmm Yes SiirrMmmmm Yes Siirr commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree if I digitally pre order a game I don't want to be constrained 12:01 PDT to play, especially if I could've gone around the corner and purchased the game at 12 CDT. It defeats part of the purpose in digitally pre ordering if I'm not being allowed the opportunity to be one of the first people playing it.

Is this for pre-orders from the Xbox store only or does this include pre-order digital versions from retailers like Gamestop?

← Previous 1 3 4 5 17 18

The Clubs & LFG Forum Is Live!

Our newest Feature Area forum, Clubs & LFG, is now live! We've added a bunch of ideas that you can now vote on both in the Feature Area forum and in the Clubs & LFG category of theNew Ideas forum!

Go to the new Clubs & LFG forum and vote for your favorite ideas!

Feedback and Knowledge Base