Find ideas, requested features, or options for the Xbox Store

Join Movies Anywhere to Allow Xbox Purchases Playable Anywhere

Please join the Movies Anywhere so that movies we purchase can be played from different services on other devices that don't have a Microsoft Movies & TV app.

Movies Anywhere currently includes movies from The Walt Disney Studios (including all Disney, Pixar, Marvel Studios and Lucasfilm properties), Sony Pictures Entertainment, Universal Pictures, Twentieth Century Fox and Warner Bros. Entertainment

1,914 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Slurpdog shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Hilkiah commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes! Yes! Yes! Should be a no brainer. I've given up buying digital content on my xbox because I know it's stuck. At this point, I'll only buy content that's on MA since I know I can watch it on whatever device is handy (including mobile)...

• SaviorMoney commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would really like to see this. I myself wouldnt go full digital just because you never know when internet goes out and its nice to have some 4K Blu Rays as a backup, just in case. Being able to watch the movies and TV shows that I bought from MS on my phone was the only reason I ever had a Windows Phone. Since that is no longer a thing, you should atleast have a Microsoft Movies and TV app for Android.

• Mr H Cave Man commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I will not be buying any video media content from MS until they join MA! Oh and add more UHD content already; MS you're falling behind! I have been picking up dozens of 4K UHD discs and have added their digital copies to my MA platform and typically watch them via VUDU and it's fantastic. Soon as my collection shelf is full; I think that's it. I am going all digital no way I'm buying another storage display it's 2018.

• KNUCKLE HE4D 69 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If you have already joined "Movies Anywhere", then you can view all your cross-platform movies through VUDU, Flixster, Google Play, etc. You can view virtually any linked video service, however there are a few movies that are not accessible due to Movies Anywhere's digital rights.

• RENEGADE0906 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Microsoft get on board with movies anywhere!! Love my Xbox and if your plans are to continue to make Xbox one the best multimedia platform this would be a great addition. You killed windows phone, don't let the Xbox go with it. Link up with movies anywhere and Google.

• Poopsqwirt commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

jesus, its 2018. lets get on board microsoft and stop playing apple games with our ***!!! I like buying movies from you but have stopped because i cant play them on my android. and untill you become inclusive im done. no mor xbox either. just kidding... but seriously!!!???

• BeamiestClock53 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I love Xbox one x it's really awesome if anyone give me FREE Xbox one x for me I really appreciate thanks....

• STATEnotCITY commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is already a thing. If you have a movie you can log into Disney and confirm it is owned to share it with all your other services. Perfect example was when I purchased The Force Awakens it was shared between Microsoft, Apple, and Google.

← Previous 1 3

The Clubs & LFG Forum Is Live!

Our newest Feature Area forum, Clubs & LFG, is now live! We've added a bunch of ideas that you can now vote on both in the Feature Area forum and in the Clubs & LFG category of theNew Ideas forum!

Go to the new Clubs & LFG forum and vote for your favorite ideas!

Feedback and Knowledge Base