Find ideas, requested features, or options for the Xbox Store

Region Free For Digital Purchases Available For All Countries

I currently live in Peru, which is a country in South America, spanish language. I am an Xbox Lover and I'm pretty sure there are even more players (not only from Peru) who are not able to buy (digitally) or play some games like Halo or Call Of Duty because of the Region Lock...

Even worse, there is no Microsoft nor any official retailer for Xbox One in Peru and maybe many countries, as this is a PlayStation-populated country, but there are some dying-hard fans here like me, many friend of mine and in another countries that can't get these Microsoft consoles or accesories/games because they get OVERPRICED as hell, and when we don't have the physical option, we have to go for the digital option, which is still very, VERY annoying.

We can't buy any games or DLC, even though some of the region-locked players use US accounts. But still, the point being...

What I suggest is to disable region lock and make all games/DLC available for all countries, and if it's possible, add their respective currency, as well as some other and innovative payment options, just like Payvalida or pay via banks available in some countries to make purchases easier. It's so unfair that there are only 42 countries, which is a really, really small amount of countries. There are some spanish-speaking countries such as Guatemala, Honduras, Peru, Ecuador, Costa Rica or Panama that are missing. Also, some other non-spanish countries like Malasya, Slovenia, Croatia or Indonesia that are not here. I hope Major Nelson or Phil Spencer take this in consideration, because as a gamer for about 5 years, this should not be a problem for people that are really spoiled for such a gaming console like the Xbox One.

546 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

JudaiKaiser27 shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

25 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Banebhz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Come on Microsoft. I want to pay for the games. In Brazil many games are unavailable.

• SwordofWhedon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@pawncracker Most major studios operate essentially as seperate companies in different regions and often don’t know what the other hand is doing. For some reason Disney UK has no issues releasing 3D discs and often sells identical discs for half the price, in a country where income and cost of living is half again more. There are lots more examples, but any Xbox specific efforts are likely mostly concentrated on by the US division, who wouldn’t have even thought to share the wealth.

• isturbo1984 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's nice the Xbox is region free with its discs... but the industry is more or less all digital now. Having digital games being region specific means back to the stone age again (pardon the hyperbole). One step forward, two steps back.

• flipmodeXXIII commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I feel ya. Being from the UK but living in Australia, I have the same thing. Especially annoying with Goat Simulator. The game was free with GWG a while back, but the DLC is region locked to US.

• pawncrackers commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Essentially, it's down to IP clearance. If the game fails clearance in specific countries, or deals cannot be made, then the easiest way through, is to publish where you can.

I had the same disappointment with the Doctor Strange Cloak of Levitation avatar item - why Marvel/Disney kept it as a US exclusive item and couldn't make a deal for Europe/Rest of the World is beyond me..

L

• ZeroAphid469510 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hack And Take Money Directly From any ATM Machine Vault {blankatmhaker@gmail.com}

Am Mark Oscar,I want to testify about Jack Robert blank ATM cards which can withdraw money from any ATM machines around the world. I was very poor before and have no hope then I saw so many testimony about how Jack Robert send them the ATM blank card and use it to collect money in any ATM machine and become rich. I also email him and he sent me the blank card. I have use it to get 70,000 dollars. withdraw the maximum of $3,000 daily. Jack Robert is giving out the card just to help the poor. Hack and take money directly from any ATM Machine Vault with the use of ATM Programmed Card which runs in automatic mode. email Him on how to get it now via: blankatmhaker@gmail.com

• Shumayal commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I can actually fix the GwG problem. I live in UAE and it's the same problem. Even the kinect is redundant as I can't use the voice commands (Cortana). I was so excited and purchased the kinect but now I am disappointed that I wasted the money since voice commands don't work (my sole reason of getting it).

About GwG, I solved the problem by buying the X360 games from marketplace using my xbox console whenever I can't from the computer. Even if it means calling home when I am away to a younger sibling and directing them through!!

• TooskilledforU commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I wouldn't like this, some regions have bans on certain video games, and I fear that if they had regionless games, then they would just ban the games for ALL regions.

• SpringPeak87065 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

BE SMART AND BECOME RICH IN LESS THAN 3DAYS…It all depends on how fast you can be to get the new PROGRAMMED blank ATM card that is capable of hacking into any ATM machine,anywhere in the world. I got to know about this BLANK ATM CARD when I was searching for job online about a month ago..It has really changed my life for good and now I can say I’m rich and I can never be poor again. The least money I get in a day with it is about $50,000.(fifty thousand USD).Only serious individuals should contact him because he is very straight forward contact him if you really want to do business. he is serious and 100% trusted i am a living testimony. Every now and then I keeping pumping money into my account. it is legal,there is no risk of being put into trouble ,because an account from which you will continuously withdraw from will be given to you ,.For details on how to get yours today, email the hackers on:(pcgblankatm@yahoo.com) tell your loved once too, and start to live large. That’s the simple way of been reach now ..

• svprnova commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I don't understand whats wrong with Microsoft using this non sense region restriction, like the old DVD regions. Thank God Sony don't use region restriction or only Japan would know what is a videogame.

• Dadwhite commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This probably has to do with international laws that prevent this from happening

• Uselessmedics commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You can change region on your xbox in the system settings with no ill effects, and this will allow you to purchase region-locked games from the xbox store

• CATpt93TAC commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As sad as this is, I suspect they can't do it. The company can't mess with laws of different countries or help customers to go around certain restrictions. In Portugal we can play pretty much everything, but I imagine that just sucks. The only way would be using a different region on your console, but then again, not sure you can do that...

• DoPeY5007 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

They can't do this. Because everywhere has a different rating system and each publisher needs to pay for their games to go through the rating system. Xbox does not control where the games will be available.

← Previous 1

The Clubs & LFG Forum Is Live!

Our newest Feature Area forum, Clubs & LFG, is now live! We've added a bunch of ideas that you can now vote on both in the Feature Area forum and in the Clubs & LFG category of theNew Ideas forum!

Go to the new Clubs & LFG forum and vote for your favorite ideas!

Feedback and Knowledge Base