Find ideas, requested features, or options for the Xbox Store

Region Free For Digital Purchases Available For All Countries

I currently live in Peru, which is a country in South America, spanish language. I am an Xbox Lover and I'm pretty sure there are even more players (not only from Peru) who are not able to buy (digitally) or play some games like Halo or Call Of Duty because of the Region Lock...

Even worse, there is no Microsoft nor any official retailer for Xbox One in Peru and maybe many countries, as this is a PlayStation-populated country, but there are some dying-hard fans here like me, many friend of mine and in another countries that can't get these Microsoft consoles or accesories/games because they get OVERPRICED as hell, and when we don't have the physical option, we have to go for the digital option, which is still very, VERY annoying.

We can't buy any games or DLC, even though some of the region-locked players use US accounts. But still, the point being...

What I suggest is to disable region lock and make all games/DLC available for all countries, and if it's possible, add their respective currency, as well as some other and innovative payment options, just like Payvalida or pay via banks available in some countries to make purchases easier. It's so unfair that there are only 42 countries, which is a really, really small amount of countries. There are some spanish-speaking countries such as Guatemala, Honduras, Peru, Ecuador, Costa Rica or Panama that are missing. Also, some other non-spanish countries like Malasya, Slovenia, Croatia or Indonesia that are not here. I hope Major Nelson or Phil Spencer take this in consideration, because as a gamer for about 5 years, this should not be a problem for people that are really spoiled for such a gaming console like the Xbox One.

273 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

JudaiKaiser27JudaiKaiser27 shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

10 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • svprnovasvprnova commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I don't understand whats wrong with Microsoft using this non sense region restriction, like the old DVD regions. Thank God Sony don't use region restriction or only Japan would know what is a videogame.

• DadwhiteDadwhite commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This probably has to do with international laws that prevent this from happening

• UselessmedicsUselessmedics commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You can change region on your xbox in the system settings with no ill effects, and this will allow you to purchase region-locked games from the xbox store

• CATpt93TACCATpt93TAC commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As sad as this is, I suspect they can't do it. The company can't mess with laws of different countries or help customers to go around certain restrictions. In Portugal we can play pretty much everything, but I imagine that just sucks. The only way would be using a different region on your console, but then again, not sure you can do that...

• DoPeY5007DoPeY5007 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

They can't do this. Because everywhere has a different rating system and each publisher needs to pay for their games to go through the rating system. Xbox does not control where the games will be available.

• ZorobabelXZorobabelX commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Halo was the only reason I bought my Xbox 360 but now I realize that was one of the worst decisions in my life...My console is useless and boring without Xbox Live. Well done MS! You lose a customer...Going to embrace PlayStation 4

The Clubs & LFG Forum Is Live!

Our newest Feature Area forum, Clubs & LFG, is now live! We've added a bunch of ideas that you can now vote on both in the Feature Area forum and in the Clubs & LFG category of theNew Ideas forum!

Go to the new Clubs & LFG forum and vote for your favorite ideas!

Feedback and Knowledge Base