Find ideas, requested features, or options for the Xbox Store

Search for Cooperative (Co-op) Games in The Xbox Store

I wanted to find a game to play with my daughter that had local coop play. There's no way to search for this type of game in the store and clicking on every game individually is pretty tedious so I gave up looking. Similarly it'd be great if you could also search for these in the games that I already own.

623 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

McNae shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

28 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • mikehasabat commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

On xbox.com, all XBox 360 game listings provide details on supported number of players for local coop, local multiplayer, online coop, and online multiplayer. I've not seen that kind of detail anywhere else: not in the XBox One store, nor the website pages, not even on PlayStation Store or Steam!

• CallingApollo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Great idea, could be expanded to be able to search for categories of games in the games library by type. A bit like the games in the game pass subscription can be viewed by category.

• Law0fThree commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The Xbox Store definitely needs an overhaul with better categories. As someone who always loved to play Local Coop games since the N64 era, a "Cooperative games" category sounds like a great idea!

• IronPredator Z commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

the problem is the video game industries has catered to the basement dwellers who only want to play online. they dont realize that a lot of people actually hang out with people and like couch co op. not all of us want to hang out with our tv's and talk to people with a headset. and they wonder why younger people have no social skills. because they get no social interaction. solution to the problem...... make everyone happy make more couch co op and still include a second disc for the no life basement dwellers. i mean seriously your console can handle 4 controllers, why there are very little if any games that support more than 1-2 players locally everything else is online or you need 2 systems with a LAN connection.... stupid!

• Dauerburner commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would love this! Co-Op is essential on consoles. I always look out for more Games with Couch-Coop, Splitscreen and more to play with friends and family on one Console!

• BL00DY FATALITY commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

A great co op game is Resident Evil 5. I used to play it on the ps3 38th my dad a lot back when it first came out. Its now remastered for 20 bucks on the One with all the dlc from the previous last gen versions and a mode (I forget which one) that was only available to pc version owners previously. It's only 20 bucks so what do you have to loose?

• Chunkforceone commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think this would be great, I too have had this problem. The mobile app stores have had this forever as a section. So why couldn't Xbox store couldn't have this option, allowing friends or family's to find a new game they all can play. Also it could be nice to have like small icons somewhere on the app before you click on the game in store or in the game and apps section.

• brandiesel1 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Now that my son is old enough to play games with me I'm always on the look out for coop games. I'd buy so many more if I knew they were coop.

• Charlie2IG commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

To be honest the search is to narrow as it stands and requires more options, this coop option been one as I have had the same issue trying to find games to play along with my partner.

← Previous 1

The Clubs & LFG Forum Is Live!

Our newest Feature Area forum, Clubs & LFG, is now live! We've added a bunch of ideas that you can now vote on both in the Feature Area forum and in the Clubs & LFG category of theNew Ideas forum!

Go to the new Clubs & LFG forum and vote for your favorite ideas!

Feedback and Knowledge Base