Find ideas, requested features, or options for the Xbox Store

Filter Options on the Xbox Store (Console)

Filter options would be a big help, if they were added to the Xbox Store on the console.

Ex: Price: Low to High/High to Low
Release Date: New to Old/Old to New
Game Type: Arcade/Games On Demand/Indie or ID@Xbox
Alphabet: A-Z/Z-A

553 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

iTz I3OBBY shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

31 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • elhocid commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Add filtering by developer/publisher/franchise.
    For example I love a game and want another from the same game studio.

• promaori commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

What would be a cool idea is to add filtering where you could show games you have not purchased yet / add-ons which have not been added to your account. It seems strange that in 2017, we have to take advantage third party sites to search

• cMehu commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You can only add filters after u type something, why? This existed in Xbox 360 store but not in Xbox one. Going backwards :d

• Megakillertron commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's unbelievable that this is still not a thing for the XBox market place. Even more so that we're having to 'vote' for it being a feature. It should be BASIC FUNCTIONALITY like EVERY OTHER STOREFRONT.

Amazon has it. Libraries have. Music/Movie stores have it. Walmart has it. PLAYSTATION has it.

Why is Microsoft so far behind. Who is it they are paying to constantly re-design the dashboard and never think of adding something so basic.

• TangoSalon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

honestly, I do not understand who is doing the final control of the stuff leaving Microsoft. There have been filters for Kids in the store in the past, now they are gone. There have been lots of fun games for the kids, now they are gone. I understand MS is following the money, thats fine, but all gamer kids once grow up and get their own kids. Problem is that they have to change the system at that moment, as Microsoft has stopped supporting Kids. You are loosing your family genes and thats sad, as you had them once. Guess I will have to sell my MS stuff and get an old WII or something like that.

• BitterVagabond commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a real pain point. I say we take a Twitter and blow this topic up. I'd really like to be able to filter on game features (i.e. Multiplayer Local, Play Anywhere, etc.) When I'm looking for games I can play with my kids having all these extra choices seems like a no-brainer.

• Jedi boy 72 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I completely agree. I also do not like when different variation of a game is spread out separately, for example, they should have all the different editions and add-no's in one place. If you click on Forza 6, then the next screen should contain all the different editions and add-ons regarding that game organized with in that one screen along with screen shots and video clips. 

• Brutal Sector commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

How was this not implemented from the very start? How could the Xbox Live team create a User-interface for the Xbox One and a Store far inferior to the one we already had on Xbox 360?

What we have now...
    - Top Paid
    - Top Free
    - New
    - Coming soon
    - Best rated
    - Most played
    - Game demos
    - Game previews

Look, that list is bad, not because it is ''bad'', but because it actually doesn't cover the essential. The consumers or gamers in this case are going to be looking specifically for:

- FPS games
    - RPG games
    - Fighting
    - FREE
    - Kid-friendly games
    - MMO
    - RPG
    - Etc.

Gamers are going to visit the store and want to find specific games of a specific game genre.
    Or gamers are going to want to browse through the games in alphabetical order just as it still works on Xbox 360.

And then on top of that it's nice to have things such as Best-Rated, Top Free, New, Coming Soon, etc. But the current default list is just terrible and totally unacceptable. They aren't helping AT ALL.

• EatHAKU commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I can't believe this only has 20 votes, Pease if you take the time to read this vote on it and share this.

There has to be a better search process for buying games, it's absurd we have to go these lengths just to get basic online store search filters.

• QuadThumbs commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Completely Agree. It actually drives me crazy and make me not even want to browse games. I was so happy when I watched the August/Summer Update video, and they said you could filter games by Genre. Then became very upset after finding out if you manually search. Like you said, it defeats the purpose of filtering if you know exactly what you want to begin with. It not like you can search "All Games" in the search bar then filter, because doing that leaves out most game from the search result.

• tuffgGUK commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There are STILL no filters for a-z, price or genre - THESE ARE THE BASICS FOR ANY ONLINE STOREFRONT. And since the update 'show all games' defaults to a listing ranked by date of release - fair enough except that the lists stops at Submerged which came out on 7th August 2015 - NOTHING BEFORE THIS IS SHOWN!! How do I buy something older unless I specifically know I want to buy that item and use bing to search for it. Defeats the whole purpose and negates the basic concept of 'browsing'. Absolutely ludicrous siuation and abysmal design.

• Bob YAMADA commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Several years since launch and now the titels are too many to find. This feature should be added.

← Previous 1

The Clubs & LFG Forum Is Live!

Our newest Feature Area forum, Clubs & LFG, is now live! We've added a bunch of ideas that you can now vote on both in the Feature Area forum and in the Clubs & LFG category of theNew Ideas forum!

Go to the new Clubs & LFG forum and vote for your favorite ideas!

Feedback and Knowledge Base