Find ideas, requested features, or options for the Xbox Store

Allow Account Currency for all Purchases

By allowing publishers to require purchases to be made with credit card or PayPal only and not allowing existing MS account currency really eliminates the need to ever buy Xbox Live gift cards. If I attach a credit card to my account instead of ever buying MS gift cards I can buy whatever I want, but if i do not and strictly buy MS gift cards, my purchase choices are limited. This is wrong on so many levels, because a lot of people simply do not trust their credit card to be used on a console platform.

190 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Jerjef shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

6 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • HyruleBalverine commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This type of request is one I'll always vote for. I just wish that these were all merged so that we would see a more accurate idea of the votes for this concept.

• Genesis1953 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be a great feature and many get gift cards and would like to purchase games and if the card could be used in addition to the payment method it would make it so much easier for the gamers to get the content they want.

• GuestaZio commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I tried to change my gamer tag with the Account Currency but it wouldn't let me because i needed to add my credit card. Can i just say that completely unnecessary because isn't my Account Currency have an equal value to the real money except the fact that its digital in your domain. Like it's not even a point system instead its money type of currency. I'm going to give an example right here and now.What if there's a kid that loves playing the Xbox One,He changed his gamer tag already but he wants to change it again...the Xbox says that he is required to put in his credit card or pay pal but he doesn't have.. he asked his parents but his parents don't trust their credit card on a console platform..The kid used his money to buy a MS gift card just to change his gamertag but in the end..he get shut down by that requirement to add a credit card or pay pal,What do you get in the end.. an unsatisfied customer..that basically is just wrong to basically forced to add a credit card or paypal even thought we already have the necessary amount of currency to change our gamertag

• SeismicZulu5 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I completely agree. I just got back from the store with a $25 gift card and I can't even use it to buy the backwards compatible games I want on my xbox one. Same message always pops up saying I need a valid payment option entered before the transaction. But right next to that my Microsoft account balance says $25.00
    The whole reason I bought this stupid card was to keep my payment information secure. Why even sell the cards if we can't use them to purchase what we want Microsoft?

The Clubs & LFG Forum Is Live!

Our newest Feature Area forum, Clubs & LFG, is now live! We've added a bunch of ideas that you can now vote on both in the Feature Area forum and in the Clubs & LFG category of theNew Ideas forum!

Go to the new Clubs & LFG forum and vote for your favorite ideas!

Feedback and Knowledge Base