Find ideas, requested features, or options for the Xbox Store

Make Backward Compatible Titles Cheaper

With the new march update yous allowed people to buy xbox 360 games on the xbox one but a lot of the games are highly overpriced ie

Alan wake 29.95$
Halo reach 39.95$
Halo spartan assault 13.45$ Seriously?
Gears of War 19.95$ again Seriously! It came out in 2009 come on

I think its just a bit of money grabbing in my opinion and somewhat unfair/unjustified really please look into this because games that are from a last generation console shouldn't cost as much as games in the current gen also dont try to blame the developer's its obviously yous

[Mod edit: Title changed from "Cheaper xbox 360 games on xbox one."]

799 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Dy1anB53 shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

26 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • iLuv7of9 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

GTA IV is 19.99 as digital download, or 4 dollars on eBay. Hmmm, let me think about that one!

• Mr H Cave Man commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Many of these games based on their age along should be $5 or less basically a permanent sale trust me they'll sell better than just having a random Spotlight Sale that no ones paying attention to; Major Nelson not that well followed. But i do get all my backward compatibility info and game sales from his blo

• Robo RaBBit 121 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Microsoft gave the games out for free where were you? this post is dumb instead of whining you should of paid attention and got games for free.

• Robo RaBBit 121 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Don't whine all these games where given out for free I know I got them all. Whoever did not get all games with gold is dumb. You should know these games could become more pricier because of new popularity, or like ps4 its hard work to port and emulate thats why they charge alot for the PS2 Rockstar Games. Microsoft told you and most of the world when it announced this on E3 stage conference. I know I have all the games ever released on GWG

• Wmaterias commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I don't get how few game manage to make it on the list and the game is broken when played.

• Ackis commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's absurd that these older games (and their DLC) haven't had a price change at all.

• Paul1708 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I do agree that ALL digital games should be cheaper and this includes back compat games. But I am afraid this isn't going to happen anytime soon. Places like Game Game stop best buy EB games etc have said if Microsoft make digital games inline with there prices or cheaper they will pull Microsoft titles and consoles from there stores has they said if the xbox store was cheaper it would kill them off anyhow

• Bob YAMADA commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's up to the publisher, but coming BC is a great chance to gather gamers' attention and if it is cheaper, they will get it. How about time limited offer as Deal with Gold or like that?

• Da Wraithest commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree completely. If I can purchase pre-owned copy of a game for under $20, why would I purchase the digital copy for more?

• BATMAN 7745 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

+dy1anb53 agreed and alsoPlease add marvel ultimate alliance 1 & fusion games due to a lack of mature comics based games available on Xbox One. Where else can we team up the Avengers and X-MEN. 
    Marvel has already announced they're not allowing anymore games to be made with the Marvel license, due to the poor reception of games like Thor, Capt America, and other movie licensed games. MUA 2 is a dying breed. Plus the DLC was extremely rare and unavailable now for download . Please add this Game and continue to amaze the fans.

← Previous 1

The Clubs & LFG Forum Is Live!

Our newest Feature Area forum, Clubs & LFG, is now live! We've added a bunch of ideas that you can now vote on both in the Feature Area forum and in the Clubs & LFG category of theNew Ideas forum!

Go to the new Clubs & LFG forum and vote for your favorite ideas!

Feedback and Knowledge Base