Find ideas, requested features, or options for the Xbox Store

Disable Credit Card Requirement for 360 Games with Gold via Xbox One

I purchase my gold subscription from gamestop or the like.
I do not have a credit card on my account.
I can not download games with gold without adding a credit card.
There is no workaround to this.
I can download a trial game with an "M" rating without a card so I know it has nothing to do with age verification, I should be able to download games with gold without a card attached to my account.
Its quite frustrating when you pay for a service and can not utilize half of what was offered.
This makes me want to drop Microsoft for good.

1,879 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

InvisibleRabbit shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

122 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Ivan70crazy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Oh Please, I can no longer wait for this feedback to be heard at least one option only an option to buy even if it is only the single player game please I am really a painful thing in my heart!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• we7dawi911 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm shock that Microsoft is giving us games that is hard to buy

Make it like PS store that accept account balance for anything in the store

• Goggs25 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This stupid problem should be fixed by the time xbox live is turned off on xbox 360 otherwise they are going to have such a backlash from gamers when they say you get 4 games with gold when you can only get 2 unless you willing to use credt card for the 360 games.

P.S. MS gives us your addrress so I can send you a copy of the English Dictionary with the word FREE underlined

• SoulPunisher66 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is the dumbest thing ever, free 360 games you can play on Xbox One, but you need a valid payment method on file. I think it's just so they can auto renew subscriptions without telling you.

• HyruleBalverine commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agreed; you should be able to purchase any game with the Microsoft account, regadless of console or website purchase.

• Ivan70crazy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I can not buy games with gift card because I do not have credit card I want to play games of xbox one and 360 and I can not ...

• LINKIN PARK 87 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Microsoft fix this already, at least answer the people who asking for this , is it hard for you to do this?!!!!
    Sony and Nintendo let's you buy and download everything on their stores without the need for a credit card.
    Why is it hard for you to be like them ?!!!

• BlueChief117 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yeah me neither, I don't understand why it requires a credit card to purchase 360 content.

Hopefully, Xbox removes the requirement.

• MARZ40K6 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

i remember this being asked for a bit back and it would be very hard to do as it was how the store for the 360 was made and the xbox one has to go though it when getting games so i do not know if they are still looking it to it or have gave up trying as how far it is a part of the store

• BangStrangsWang commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This has been a very frustrating downside for me. I'm not able to play the games my friends are playing so it is no longer worth it to stay. F### Xbox I'm getting a PlayStation.

• Vector commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree with this. The program is called "games with gold" not games with gold and a credit card on file for 360 games - which would actually be more accurate.

• SaiLent Knight commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Add me to the list of people that are considering leaving Microsoft because of this requirement.
    Please offer some other option.
    Spreading the word to anyone considering a microsoft gaming pc/console.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7

The Clubs & LFG Forum Is Live!

Our newest Feature Area forum, Clubs & LFG, is now live! We've added a bunch of ideas that you can now vote on both in the Feature Area forum and in the Clubs & LFG category of theNew Ideas forum!

Go to the new Clubs & LFG forum and vote for your favorite ideas!

Feedback and Knowledge Base