Xbox Store

Here you can find ideas and feature requests for the store experience on Xbox Consoles and on Xbox.com. This forum is for any features or requests regarding how the store works, including organization, search, or the purchase process.

Keep in mind that when you are searching, you are only searching through the Xbox Store forum! If you don’t find your idea below, you can search and post it in the New Ideas forum!

Find ideas, requested features, or options for the Xbox Store

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Xbox Originals

You should add an "Xbox Originals" section to the digital store so we can download original Xbox games for like $5-$10, the PlayStation store has something like this already. The games themselves are fun and shouldn't be altered, no graphical overhaul, just the original games.

211 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

12 comments  ·  Xbox One  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Include multiple language tracks and subtitles for individual Xbox Video purchases

Currently there are separate video items for movies or television shows in each of the available languages on the Xbox Video Store. It would be convenient and less confusing if one could purchase one video item from the store that would include all of the available language tracks or subtitles. When watching this video, one would be able to select the audio or subtitle track of their choosing (just like on a DVD or a Blu-Ray disc).

Since I like to purchase movies in their original language, I recently had the inconvenience of purchasing a movie that was dubbed in…

79 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  Xbox One  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Partner with UltraViolet for Xbox Purchases

Digitally purchased Movie & TV Show content from the Xbox Video store then can be accessed on apps such as Flixster, Target Ticket, Cinema Now, and Vudu.

101 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Fair Game Prices For UK

Americans pay $60 for a new (full price) game.

$60 = £34.99 (As of July) So why do we have to pay £50!?

Totally wrong. We're gamers too.

128 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Bring back the Xbox Live Arcade and Indie Games Section

In Xbox 360 you have an Arcade Section that is meat for the established Indie studios, and besides that is other one called Indie Games, that are the games from smaller developers , although this section is 80% horrible games, there were a few of them very cool and worth to try/buy

208 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18 comments  ·  Xbox One  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Xbox summer sale blowout

Like Steam, Xbox should have a massive sale during the summer months when not many games appear to be out.

82 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Xbox One  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Add a countdown timer to Deals with Gold promotions

At present it's easy to miss out on offers, but if there was an expiration date on the promotions we would have no excuse. The use of countdown timers also adds a sense of urgency and so could actually help to increase sales.

This idea was inspired by a post on Reddit: http://www.reddit.com/r/xboxone/comments/28bueq/dear_microsoft_please_put_a_sale_end_date_on/

159 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Xbox One  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Convert Achievement Gamerscore Into Currency Over Xbox Live Store.

Converting gamers core into currency would allow gamers to purchase new games, or pay for micro transactions with their gamerscore. Doing this would encourage players to rack up as much gamerscore in every game they play in order to receive discounts, or to pay for a certain item fully, by letting go of a couple thousand gamerscore.

137 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

23 comments  ·  Xbox One  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Xbox Game Bundles That Support Charity (Like Humble Bundle)

Bundles of several indie games, offered at a lower price than buying games seperatly, similar to what Steam and Humble Bundle does.

83 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Xbox One  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Xbox Rewards for Day One Digital Purchase or Preorder

I hear the reasons why digital pricing is the way it is and if what I hear is accurate I can completely understand the MSRP restrictions. The problem is that almost 90% of the time a new game is coming out in stores not only is there some sort of exclusive bonus (be it digital or physical) that pertains specifically to the game, but there is also some sort of gift card attached to day one if not week one purchases. Generally, I see Target offering a $10 gift card if you purchase it at launch and Best Buy offering…

126 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Used marketplace of digital copies & pre-order benefit for digital copies!

1- It would be great to see a marketplace for used digital copies, a store on console where we can buy game licenses from other accounts or sell ours!
    2- I love digital games but it would be nice to have pre-order benefits for digital copies if we preorder our copies on xbox store!

79 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Xbox One  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Notify season pass holders when an add-on is released

There should be some sort of notification when there is a new add-on for people who hold a "season pass" subscription to a game. It would be even better if you could have the option to be notified when there is a new add-on for games you own even when you don't have a "season pass" for the DLC.. or if one doesn't exist. Please!

320 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Xbox One  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Lower Australian Xbox Games Store Prices

The prices for digital copies of games from the Xbox Online Store is usually $100 in Australia. It is only $60 for most games in the US Store. Lower the prices to something more reasonable.

143 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

29 comments  ·  Xbox One  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Retail Copies of Games to Include a Digital copy License

Retail Copies of Games to Included a Digital copy License; This would be like some Blu-Ray releases where you get a Physical copy and a Digitial License. This would be the best of both worlds. Once the digital copy license is used it cannot be used again and you can still trade in the Physical copy. This is what I want for my digital future

606 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

32 comments  ·  Xbox One  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. A "my bought games" list

A list of "my games" that aren't installed on the console but are just bought in the Xbox Store. So it is more easily to install them later rather searching of in the Store of the game which name you've forgotten. Because you've 'bought' it as a Games for Gold game about six months ago.

An idea of integration might be within the current "my games" list that only shows the installed games at the moment.

132 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Prices Shown on Top Level Icons in Store

Having to click on every single game or DLC icon to find out how much that product costs is frustrating. When I go to an online store it is standard practice to see prices on products, and if I want to know more about it or buy it, one will then click it

147 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Xbox One  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Fairer Regional Pricing

This is going to be a bit lengthy, but bear with me. In November 2013 the prices of Xbox Live content rose in multiple regions, mostly for the worse.

Now, I own over three hundred XBLA games and goodness knows how much DLC, so you can tell I was quite the digital consumer. Keyword; WAS.
    Since these price rises I have bought precisely zero content other than that which was on sale, It all costs too much!
    Plenty of it was overpriced before as it was, all this has done is turn me right off digital.

I can't be the…

333 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

50 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Ability to comment when you rate things in the Xbox Store.

After we rate, we should be able to write a small comment as well. also the ability to read them on the consoles as we look at the ratings.

70 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Xbox Store on the Xbox One needs a section for game trailers

ability to look at many trailers for games current or upcoming without having to open up new apps to do so xbox one becoming slower and slower having to add more apps to do so

909 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

43 comments  ·  Xbox One  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Download History

This is for Xbox One and 360, Please can we have a better way of viewing are purchase history?. I tried today to find my limited edition DLC for Red Dead Redemption and couldn't find it in the store because its for limited edition owners only. So I looked in the download history on the 360 and if you scroll down to fast it crashes out with a error code. Then I tried on xbox.com, and that is totally useless, it takes you to a View Transactions page outside of xbox.com that has no download links. It never used to…

1,722 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20 comments  ·  Xbox One  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

The Clubs & LFG Forum Is Live!

Our newest Feature Area forum, Clubs & LFG, is now live! We've added a bunch of ideas that you can now vote on both in the Feature Area forum and in the Clubs & LFG category of theNew Ideas forum!

Go to the new Clubs & LFG forum and vote for your favorite ideas!

Xbox Store

Feedback and Knowledge Base