Xbox Store

Here you can find ideas and feature requests for the store experience on Xbox Consoles and on Xbox.com. This forum is for any features or requests regarding how the store works, including organization, search, or the purchase process.

Keep in mind that when you are searching, you are only searching through the Xbox Store forum! If you don’t find your idea below, you can search and post it in the New Ideas forum!

Find ideas, requested features, or options for the Xbox Store

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Introduce renting availability in xbox store for games that gamers want to try before spending $60.00 .

As a gamer i hate buying a game that comes out and i play it for a day or two and take it back to the store where i barely get a return for it. With a rental service you give gamers a chance to preview the game for a day or two before they go and make a sixty dollar purchase on something that their going to return.

151 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

6 comments  ·  Xbox One  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Allow to download language pack for game

Allow to download language pack for game for free or you can buy some specific languadge for hard copy of the game.

For example i was buying withcer game and wanted cd version of the game , but when it came i missed my languadge and could only play in english , so it will be good if i could download my needed langudge for game from xbox store for free or for small money price.
    Thx once more, hope this can be added in future release.

119 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Xbox One  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Make it possible to make multiple purchases at the same time on xbox.com

Please make it possible to make multiple purchases on xbl and on the site instead of one at a time

131 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Xbox.com  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Steam style sales w/ minigame

Steam has seasonal sales. Where users play a mini game to unlock extra sales and discounts.

This engaging the users makes these sales go great. People struggle to unlock extra bonus 12 hour / 24 hour sales appear.

This makes valve huge amounts of money. Older titles sell big time. And new titles get nice little discounts encouraging people to buy.

By making seasonal sales interactive your encouraging people to use their xbox. As well as take advantage of these sales.

This would drive up digital sales significantly as well as make my game library bigger. Lol.. I buy a…

89 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Xbox One  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Allow us to add games to our collection without starting an install

As it is right now on the Xbox One store, when you buy a game it automatically starts a download.

I would love to have the ability buy or add a game to my collection without my console trying to install it right after.

Sometimes I do not want to install a game for bandwidth concerns or the lack of space on my hard drive, but I do not want miss out on a sale or a free game..

635 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15 comments  ·  Xbox One  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Trade-in deal that lets customers exchange their original Xbox One for a newer model

As someone who recently got a new xbox, hearing about the new model with the 1TB HDD due to come out in mid-june stings quite a bit.

A trade-in deal where users can exchange their current consoles + controllers for the newer model (for a reasonable price) would help ease the pain.

4,659 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

87 comments  ·  Xbox One  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Add digital pre-order bonuses (artbooks, soundtracks, etc.) to OneDrive

When pre-ordering games from retail stores you typically receive items like artbooks, soundtracks or 'making of' DVDs. As it stands now pre-ordering a game digitally through the Xbox Store means you can lose out on these items.

As an incentive for buying and/or pre-ordering digitally through the Xbox Store, I think the above items should be added to the users OneDrive account.

Example:

Game soundtrack - OneDrive/Music
    Game artwork - OneDrive/Pictures
    'Making of' DVD - OneDrive/Videos

1,572 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Xbox One  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Better organization/updated items for The New DLC Marketplace

Needs to be fixed / changed as new DLC is not showing up like its supposed to in new add-ons so its never in the quick glance bar on the Game add-ons menu, as old DLC is pushing new DLC of the first page i.e. Dying light DLC has been on the first page since it was released 30/01/2015 yet DLC for the witcher 3, ODST are up to 3 pages back as soon as there listed on the market place a simple way to fix this make the DLC get listed in date order like its supposed to and…

1,216 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20 comments  ·  Xbox One  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Ability to download manuals when downloading digital games on Xbox 360

When downloading games from the Xbox game store they should include the manual in the download and save it on the Xbox instead of going online and looking there.

278 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Xbox 360  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Why does my money expire? Why can't I spend money online?

I have $12.50 in my XBL account right now and I recently got an email saying that money expires June 1st.

First off, the idea that money can expire is preposterous. There are already consumer protection laws in place in most states that prevent gift cards from expiring or decaying over time. I can't help but think that this sort of thing is just barely on the fringe of that, where consumer protection laws are inevitable but simply haven't happened yet.

Second, I can't spend that money online. My 360 is broken and I planned to spend it on a…

1,427 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  Xbox One  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Purchase History on Xbox One

I would like to see a transaction history tab, or selectable link in the "payments and billing" tab in the xbox settings. It's crazy to me that I have to go on the xbox website and lose myself for a long time trying to find transactions to ensure they are correct on our credit cards.

April 22nd 2015 xbox live renewed on my Credit card. The amount was taken from my credit card this morning, may 4th, 2 weeks later even though there was more than enough room for it to pass on the 22nd. This is unacceptable

2,933 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19 comments  ·  Xbox One  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Buy, Sell, Trade Digitally Purchased Games With Other Gamers on Xbox 360

The idea was combined, but for xbox one and this was posted for xbox 360 !!!

650 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Xbox 360  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Make the Store less cluttered by only showing every game once instead of ALL the different editions we can purchase

Something that is really making the Xbox One Store cluttered are all the different game editions you can purchase. To fix this, just show the game once and after that show the different editions we can purchase.

This would make the Store a lot more organized and a lot less cluttered.

1,116 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Xbox One  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Make old games' DLC cheaper

Older games on the Xbox One like Forza motorsport 5 DLC are still very expensive. Forza motorsport 6 will be out very soon and the old Forza's DLC are still so expensive. Can you make it a bit cheaper. There a some more older games that can be given discount.

3,140 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18 comments  ·  Xbox One  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. % Discount Credits for Xbox Store

This is essentially a reward system for buying/downloading content from the Xbox Store. I propose that when someone buys/downloads a new game they earn a 1% discount to be used on a different purchase of their choice. The discount could then accumulate for a total of 10% (or something) so that people could use their discount on content they want. So for example if someone bought one game a month for a year they would have earned 12 one percent discount credits (only 10 could be redeemed on a given purchase) and they could use all 12 on two games…

134 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Xbox One  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Make a "Gift to a Friend" Purchase Option in The Xbox 360 Store - Digital Gifting

Buy an online game to give to a friend and give it to your gamertag (gift from a gamertag to another)

3,208 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

52 comments  ·  Xbox 360  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Free DLC for those who already have the Games with Gold game for 360

This system would be easy. If the subscriber has a digital copy of the game, the DLCs would be automatically unlocked. If the player only has the physical copy, it would suffice to insert the DVD or Blu-ray in the console to unlock them. I am saying this because in recent months I did not get almost anything with the Games with Gold, because I already had most of the games.

99 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Xbox 360  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Xbox Themes in Xbox One Store

While it's a very cool feature to have the option to use your own backgrounds or achievement backgrounds, I would still like to see official Xbox One themes in the Store like the Playstation 4 has.

This would also mean we could get some interactive themes and some special tile designs. This would only add more personalization options to the Xbox One and would be nice to have in general.

1,339 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

23 comments  ·  Xbox One  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Sort games in the store.

To be able to sort ascending and descending titles by price, release date, most popular and genre etc.

Right now when we visit the store its basically a jumbled mess.

434 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17 comments  ·  Xbox One  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Game Add-Ons DLC Based on a Games We Own Filter

I would love to be able to weed out all the "garbage" add-ons DLC from the games I don't own. That way I can look at Game Add-ons based only on the games I have played on my account. Tired of scrolling through ALL the stuff I don't even want to see. This would be great for all the people who just want to buy stuff for the games they own and play. No need to get distracted by all the games we don't even own. Then once you buy a game, when activating this filter it looks at your…

185 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Xbox One  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

The Clubs & LFG Forum Is Live!

Our newest Feature Area forum, Clubs & LFG, is now live! We've added a bunch of ideas that you can now vote on both in the Feature Area forum and in the Clubs & LFG category of theNew Ideas forum!

Go to the new Clubs & LFG forum and vote for your favorite ideas!

Xbox Store

Feedback and Knowledge Base