Xbox Store

Here you can find ideas and feature requests for the store experience on Xbox Consoles and on Xbox.com. This forum is for any features or requests regarding how the store works, including organization, search, or the purchase process.

Keep in mind that when you are searching, you are only searching through the Xbox Store forum! If you don’t find your idea below, you can search and post it in the New Ideas forum!

Find ideas, requested features, or options for the Xbox Store

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Make a "Gift to a Friend" Purchase Option in The Xbox 360 Store - Digital Gifting

Buy an online game to give to a friend and give it to your gamertag (gift from a gamertag to another)

3,198 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

52 comments  ·  Xbox 360  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Allow Microsoft Money / Account Currency as a Payment Option for 360 Titles

If i try to buy any content or games via the xbox store on the xbox website it charges directly to my creditcard even though I have sufficient funds in my Microsoft Account.
    It should either give me the option to use my Microsoft account or automatically charge my account in the first instance.
    Paying with Microsoft money is currently only possible when purchasing via the console.

2,311 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

294 comments  ·  Xbox 360  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Buy, Sell, Trade Digitally Purchased Games With Other Gamers on Xbox 360

The idea was combined, but for xbox one and this was posted for xbox 360 !!!

649 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Xbox 360  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Don't require credit card for purchasing options on Xbox 360

Been having trouble using the Microsoft account to pay for games for the xbox 360, have funds available in my Microsoft account but the system will not allow me to choose my Microsoft account, it says I have to have a credit card on file when the Microsoft prepaid cards are supposed to be used for games, movies and music, but the option is not there. The system will not even let me purchase a free game with the Microsoft account, it says I do not have a valid payment option on file with around 40$ in my account.

563 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18 comments  ·  Xbox 360  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Ability to download manuals when downloading digital games on Xbox 360

When downloading games from the Xbox game store they should include the manual in the download and save it on the Xbox instead of going online and looking there.

277 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Xbox 360  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Convert disc-based Xbox 360 games to digital

Make a program to trade in all of our Xbox 360 games to get a digital voucher equivalent, this would allow us to buy a hard drive to store all of our most valuable classic Xbox 360 games on, and have them in one spot. Games loaded on the Xbox's internal hard drive are already faster so this would make it easy when I'm playing with my friends to not have to get up, and it would save valuable space in my dorm so I have more room when I can buy an Xbox One. You could even create a…

251 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Xbox 360  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Lower the price of old digital copies in the Xbox 360 store

Some of the older games that you can buy for 10-20$ (most hovering around 13-15$) at EB/gamestop are still more than double the price in the 360 store.

A few examples:

Transformers 1, 2 and 3 (movie-based games)
    Army of Two: Devils Cartel
    DarkSiders 2

The first Transformers games is 7 years old, the second is 5 years old and the 3rd is 3 years old and they are 30$/30$/40$ respectively in the xbox store. That is ridiculous. I bought transformers 2 back in 2010 for 20$.

I bought Devil's Cartel about 2 months ago for 15$ at EB. Still…

235 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Xbox 360  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Be able to download DLC for old Xbox Original Games since it was taken down.

Bring back dlc content that was removed from inserting your Xbox Original games.

226 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Xbox 360  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Bring Sonic The Hedgehog (2006) Back to the Xbox 360 Marketplace

Vote if you would like to bring back this classic 2006 game back on the Xbox Live Marketplace for those of you who have never played it or for those youngsters that want to play it but would ruin disc's by miss laying them, losing them or even badly scratching them!!

please vote

198 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20 comments  ·  Xbox 360  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Wishlist Notifications for 360

Ability to add games to your wishlist to notify you by email when and if they go on sale. See Steam*

I want to give my Kinect a proper sendoff (thank you Microsoft for once again messing up), but for example Haunt is ten dollars. Way too much!

176 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Notice about games delisting on 360

Microsoft really needs to start giving notices about games they are going to remove, so people like me can buy them on short notice. I was going to buy Uno and Uno Rush in one swoop and now they're both gone. Had I known about it, I would've bought them yesterday.

141 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Xbox 360  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Ability To Gift/Donate A Friend Account Currency on Xbox 360

I think you should be able to gift/donate a friend cash. I think this would be a great addition to Xbox Live because, for example, let's say I had a $5 game and I wanted to play that game with my friend and my friend didn't have that game (or enough money to buy the game), I could gift him/her money to buy the game. Another example would be if I wasn't sure what game to get my friend for his/her birthday I could simply just send them cash.

124 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Add Naruto: Rise of the Ninja to the Online Marketplace for Xbox 360.

Add Naruto: Rise of the Ninja to the Online Marketplace for Xbox 360.

122 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Xbox 360  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Free DLC for those who already have the Games with Gold game for 360

This system would be easy. If the subscriber has a digital copy of the game, the DLCs would be automatically unlocked. If the player only has the physical copy, it would suffice to insert the DVD or Blu-ray in the console to unlock them. I am saying this because in recent months I did not get almost anything with the Games with Gold, because I already had most of the games.

99 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Xbox 360  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

The Clubs & LFG Forum Is Live!

Our newest Feature Area forum, Clubs & LFG, is now live! We've added a bunch of ideas that you can now vote on both in the Feature Area forum and in the Clubs & LFG category of theNew Ideas forum!

Go to the new Clubs & LFG forum and vote for your favorite ideas!

Xbox Store

Feedback and Knowledge Base