Xbox Store

Here you can find ideas and feature requests for the store experience on Xbox Consoles and on Xbox.com. This forum is for any features or requests regarding how the store works, including organization, search, or the purchase process.

Keep in mind that when you are searching, you are only searching through the Xbox Store forum! If you don’t find your idea below, you can search and post it in the New Ideas forum!

Find ideas, requested features, or options for the Xbox Store

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Convert physical games to digital

I would love a way to be able to convert the physical games I own into digital games. Perhaps a small fee and the need to insert the game only every 4 or 5 times played (to avoid people paying only a small fraction by just borrowing a friend's game). It would certainly make it easier than walking downstairs or upstairs every time I want to play a game if the disc isn't in the right One.

[Mod Edit: This idea was merged with similar ideas posted by Aragorn 2014, Possums88, Ajguy and UGitSmoked. Thanks, everyone!]

12,086 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

593 comments  ·  Xbox One  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Game Rentals

Give us the ability to "rent" games digitally. Time starts when game is first played. Daily fee (perhaps 1 or 2 USD or equivalence). Opt to delete game to end rental, and any amount paid is subtracted from full game if we choose to buy it. Of course Xbox live would be needed during rental period. This would be a great way to earn revenue and allow us to play a game and try it before fully commuting to buying it.

[Mod Edit: This idea was merged with similar ideas posted by Jojan305, Sir Hellraiser, TripleXuLtiMaTe, and others. Thanks everyone!]

6,770 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

145 comments  ·  Xbox One  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Gift A Game For a Period of Time (Game Lending)

Crazy idea for Xbox Live Gold ... and it goes along the lines of what the vision was for Xbox One initially .. sort of .. how about as an Xbox Live Gold Member we're allowed to gift a game for a weekend or whatever time.

The person would then be able to hop on and play the game with us for a weekend or whatever time length. So we're showing how cool it is to be Xbox Live Gold and to own an Xbox One by allowing a friend play a game they don't have for a set time.

6,543 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

119 comments  ·  Xbox One  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Make a "Gift to a Friend" Purchase Option in The Xbox One Store - Digital Gifting

When a new game comes out not all my friends are able to buy it right away or pre order because lets be real here: games are expensive.... Sometimes I just want to get the game for them (you know help a bro out) cuz I wannaplay with them. Therefore there should be a feature where you can just go to the store from your Xbox one and buy the game for your friend and then you'd type their gamertag so the game would be sent to their Xbox one digitally and it would be found in my games and…

5,297 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

383 comments  ·  Xbox One  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Trade-in deal that lets customers exchange their original Xbox One for a newer model

As someone who recently got a new xbox, hearing about the new model with the 1TB HDD due to come out in mid-june stings quite a bit.

A trade-in deal where users can exchange their current consoles + controllers for the newer model (for a reasonable price) would help ease the pain.

4,637 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

87 comments  ·  Xbox One  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Xbox Store Wish List

i personally would like a wishlist for the xbox store. i dont always have the money to get a game when it comes out, a wish list would make it easier to just add a game to it when it comes out and then buy it later

[Mod Edit: You can now pin upcoming games as a reminder, and follow them via their game hub to receive update notifications in your Activity Feed. In the meantime, please continue to vote if you'd like to see a full Wishlist feature come to the Xbox Store.]

4,606 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

352 comments  ·  Xbox One  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Digital Marketplace (Sell digital purchases for Store credit)

I want to see a Digital Marketplace where we could sell back our Digital game license for xbox credit. Was really hoping this would be announced at E3.

4,369 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

239 comments  ·  Xbox One  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Buy, Sell And Trade Digitally Purchased Games With Other Gamers on Xbox One

Let us trade our digital games with each other. You take a cut of the fee that is paid to the person getting paid and then sit back and watch as digital game sales skyrocket.

[Mod Edit: This idea was merged with similar ideas from imaidiot19, D TheLastKing and others. Thanks everyone!]

3,521 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

108 comments  ·  Xbox One  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Make a "Gift to a Friend" Purchase Option in The Xbox 360 Store - Digital Gifting

Buy an online game to give to a friend and give it to your gamertag (gift from a gamertag to another)

3,198 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

52 comments  ·  Xbox 360  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Make old games' DLC cheaper

Older games on the Xbox One like Forza motorsport 5 DLC are still very expensive. Forza motorsport 6 will be out very soon and the old Forza's DLC are still so expensive. Can you make it a bit cheaper. There a some more older games that can be given discount.

3,105 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17 comments  ·  Xbox One  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Purchase History on Xbox One

I would like to see a transaction history tab, or selectable link in the "payments and billing" tab in the xbox settings. It's crazy to me that I have to go on the xbox website and lose myself for a long time trying to find transactions to ensure they are correct on our credit cards.

April 22nd 2015 xbox live renewed on my Credit card. The amount was taken from my credit card this morning, may 4th, 2 weeks later even though there was more than enough room for it to pass on the 22nd. This is unacceptable

2,905 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19 comments  ·  Xbox One  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Allow Microsoft Money / Account Currency as a Payment Option for 360 Titles

If i try to buy any content or games via the xbox store on the xbox website it charges directly to my creditcard even though I have sufficient funds in my Microsoft Account.
    It should either give me the option to use my Microsoft account or automatically charge my account in the first instance.
    Paying with Microsoft money is currently only possible when purchasing via the console.

2,310 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

294 comments  ·  Xbox 360  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. We should be able to search price ranges in the Xbox Store

I hate it how i have to search in the xbox store for a long period of time to find a game i want with the money in my accout, we should be able to search price ranges for all games, like for example, i have $15 in my accont and im trying to find a game for that price, we should be able to search how much money and all the games in that price range pop up. Thank you

2,257 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

72 comments  ·  Xbox One  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Disable Credit Card Requirement for 360 Games with Gold via Xbox One

I purchase my gold subscription from gamestop or the like.
    I do not have a credit card on my account.
    I can not download games with gold without adding a credit card.
    There is no workaround to this.
    I can download a trial game with an "M" rating without a card so I know it has nothing to do with age verification, I should be able to download games with gold without a card attached to my account.
    Its quite frustrating when you pay for a service and can not utilize half of what was offered.
    This makes me want…

1,875 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

122 comments  ·  Xbox One  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Allow users to download Day One patches for games before we purchase game

Many future games, such as the Halo Chief Master Collection, require 20GB of day one patches to be installed before you can play the entire game. Many people don't have the internet speed to download that much data in a few hours. Plus, instead of enjoying the midnight release of the game, we have to wait for all the patches to be installed only when we insert the game.

To get around this, it would be easier to download the patches a head of time without having to insert a disc. This way, we have the patches on our Xbox…

1,754 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18 comments  ·  Xbox One  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Remove the requirement of having to enter your credit card information for something thats free.

It used to not be a requirement and it serves as an inconvenience to some people.

1,729 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

157 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Download History

This is for Xbox One and 360, Please can we have a better way of viewing are purchase history?. I tried today to find my limited edition DLC for Red Dead Redemption and couldn't find it in the store because its for limited edition owners only. So I looked in the download history on the 360 and if you scroll down to fast it crashes out with a error code. Then I tried on xbox.com, and that is totally useless, it takes you to a View Transactions page outside of xbox.com that has no download links. It never used to…

1,709 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20 comments  ·  Xbox One  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Add digital pre-order bonuses (artbooks, soundtracks, etc.) to OneDrive

When pre-ordering games from retail stores you typically receive items like artbooks, soundtracks or 'making of' DVDs. As it stands now pre-ordering a game digitally through the Xbox Store means you can lose out on these items.

As an incentive for buying and/or pre-ordering digitally through the Xbox Store, I think the above items should be added to the users OneDrive account.

Example:

Game soundtrack - OneDrive/Music
    Game artwork - OneDrive/Pictures
    'Making of' DVD - OneDrive/Videos

1,560 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Xbox One  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Convert backward compatible Xbox 360 disc to digital

Now that backwards compatibility is here, I would like an option to upgrade my disc based games to digital for cheap. Since inserting the disc already triggers a download, it would be nice to pay like $1 to have a digital version of that game without Disc. I have gone digital this generation and I am much more likely to play a game from a list on my console, rather than having to get up and put the disc in each time. I know, I know, 1st world problems. Still it would be nice.

1,501 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

23 comments  ·  Xbox One  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Why does my money expire? Why can't I spend money online?

I have $12.50 in my XBL account right now and I recently got an email saying that money expires June 1st.

First off, the idea that money can expire is preposterous. There are already consumer protection laws in place in most states that prevent gift cards from expiring or decaying over time. I can't help but think that this sort of thing is just barely on the fringe of that, where consumer protection laws are inevitable but simply haven't happened yet.

Second, I can't spend that money online. My 360 is broken and I planned to spend it on a…

1,411 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  Xbox One  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7
  • Don't see your idea?

The Clubs & LFG Forum Is Live!

Our newest Feature Area forum, Clubs & LFG, is now live! We've added a bunch of ideas that you can now vote on both in the Feature Area forum and in the Clubs & LFG category of theNew Ideas forum!

Go to the new Clubs & LFG forum and vote for your favorite ideas!

Xbox Store

Feedback and Knowledge Base