Xbox App on Mobile (iOS & Android)

Here you can find ideas and feature requests for the Xbox App on mobile.

Keep in mind that when you are searching, you are only searching through the Xbox App on Mobile forum! If you don’t find your idea below, you can search and post it in the New Ideas forum!

Find ideas and requested changes to make the Xbox App on mobile devices even better

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Family Timer for parents to see how long kids play what game for and set up restrictions

I would like the option to see via smartglass how long my kids have spent playing each day/week/month and break it down into games also. EG Child A spent 2hours playing Minecraft and 45 mins playing Halo 3 on Saturday 1.1.2014
    The option to set time limits that can only be bypassed by a parents passcode and resets everyday would be very helpful. This can be viewed via the smartglass app The optional function to not allow a child to play Any Game or App (Except Settings) without them first doing a 5-10minute Xbox workout could be turned on or…

139 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

16 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Xbox audio pushed through smartglass

I am writing to you to provide you with something that may have already been thought of but really needs to be executed.

Xbox audio pushed through smartglass.

The concept is simple, anything audio wise the xbox is outputting gets pushed through smartglass.
    So game audio, music from xbox music or through the player, movies, tv.. Anything.

The idea would be a person could be playing the latest halo and just plug their earphones into their smartdevice to be immersed in the audio without disturbing others.

Covering the cost of developing such a system wouldn't pose much of a problem…

116 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Stream music and photos from your iPhone/Andriod to xbox one using smartglass

Allow the smart glass app to act as a DLNA server or something similar, allowing you to select music from your iPhone/Andriod music library or photos from your phones photo gallery and stream it onto your TV

115 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Use the SmartGlass App for mouse control in the Internet Explorer App

Smartglass should allow and default to enable mouse control. I love having the ability to type using Swype on my Android through Smartglass, but to navigate any web pages I have to two hand it with a controller to use the mouse. Make the screen on Smartglass function like a touchpad on a laptop.

[Mod edit: Title changed "smartglass mouse control in IE."]

113 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Allow clips to be downloaded from Smartglass to phones

I frequently record clips and then want to send them in a text to a friend or my wife. The only way I can do this currently is to record, edit, upload to One Drive, download it from there, and then send it. But if I take a screenshot, I can just save it straight from Smartglass. Please let us also save clips as well as the screenshots.

109 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Xbox App on Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Integrate friends list into iOS 8 widgets

Integrate the Smartglass friends list into the new widgets on iOS 8. Allow the ability to choose friends/favorites/followers.

108 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Allow SmartGlass to control the Audio CD app

Currently I use SmartGlass for almost everything to do with my XB1. The one thing I've found it isn't capable of is controlling the Audio CD app!

I know many people may not be too concerned about the lack of this feature but I like putting in an audio cd when the XB1 is on standby and having it play immediately. However, I can't skip songs/pause etc because the SmartGlass remote simply doesn't work within the app! This seems like a programming error to me because SmartGlass works with every other native Microsoft app.

108 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Ability to draw on SmartGlass and send as a message to friends

I hope we can also share our sketches to our profile page.

108 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Minecraft Smartglass Inventory and Crafting on the fly

Look, sort, edit or allways open, Minecraft inventory on Smartglass

104 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. File Complaint/Report from smartglass

I've been getting a bunch of spam messages on my Xbox recently, including when I'm not home. I use smartglass to communicate with friends about Raid times, or to plan on playing a game later in the day. Lately, I'll get a message saying something like, "I got a free pizza by going to this link, you should try it". I would like to be able to report spam, or file a complaint from my smartglass. We shouldn't have to wait to get home to report a problem we're having.

97 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Smartglass logs me in on friends console

When i use smartglass on a freinds console it should log me in under my profile. Making smartglass a portable gamerID/tag.

95 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Enable Xbox SmartGlass lock screen controls from mobile devices

Xbox One needs the ability to control basic functions of "Now playing" apps from the lock screen of mobile devices.

For media apps like Netflix, the lock screen should include functions like play, pause, fast-forward, and rewind

For the TV app, functions could include channel, input, or a line of favorites.

For game apps, functions could include record, snap/unsnap, or others suggested by the community.

For all apps, TV volume control should be default.

This ability would streamline simple but frequently used commands on Xbox SmartGlass and has the potential to replace my remote, which I always seem to lose.

93 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. SmartGlass as a second screen for couch coop gaming (instead / in addition to split-screen coop).

It would be really neat if SmartGlass was more than a companion app and extended as a second screen for some popular coop games on the Xbox One. With the announcement of Halo Master Chief Edition, this would be a perfect addition for those who prefer to enjoy the fullscreen experience of Halo (or any other MS Title), without having to purchase an additional console and an additional copy of the game in order to play with their friends and family in the same house. I understand that lag can be an issue, but perhaps this can be restricted to…

91 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Allow me to control a Windows PC with SmartGlass

Basically take the things you can do with SmartGlass up against an XBox and allow me to do them with a PC. I realize there are differences, but for HTPCs and even gaming PCs this could be huge. Allow me to use a phone as a mouse/keyboard for a PC.

91 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Post videos to Twitter and Facebook from SmartGlass App

Post videos to Twitter and Facebook from SmartGlass App

90 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Pins in SmartGlass app should line up with the new dashboard

When organizing pins in the SmartGlass app, the pins use the old dashboard's layout. The app should be updated so it matches the new dashboard's pins layout.

87 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. When watching video, push notifications to smartglass

I like the option of suppressing notifications when watching videos, but they shouldn't be lost into obscurity. Please give another option: When watching videos, push notifications to Smartglass.

87 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Update the Smartglass app to include the Xbox forums.

It'd be nice to have easy access to the forums via a mobile application for Apple (and/or other) devices, especially for those of us who want to stay connected on-the-go.

84 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Rearview mirror smartglass for racing games

I would love to see the Smartglass app be used in racing games as a rearview mirror.

I used to play allot of racingsims in the day with a homemade cockpit and this would really enhance that cockpit feeling.
    Just a small extra for those that have the Smartglass app on their phone.

There were talks of a simmiliar feature with the psp and gt5 on ps3 but it never took off. Maybe MS could be the trend setter for this?

82 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Support the Xbox One SmartGlass App in Belarus

For now the application is not available in Belarus. It is very sad.

81 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

The Clubs & LFG Forum Is Live!

Our newest Feature Area forum, Clubs & LFG, is now live! We've added a bunch of ideas that you can now vote on both in the Feature Area forum and in the Clubs & LFG category of theNew Ideas forum!

Go to the new Clubs & LFG forum and vote for your favorite ideas!

Xbox App on Mobile (iOS & Android)

Feedback and Knowledge Base