Xbox App on Mobile (iOS & Android)

Here you can find ideas and feature requests for the Xbox App on mobile.

Keep in mind that when you are searching, you are only searching through the Xbox App on Mobile forum! If you don’t find your idea below, you can search and post it in the New Ideas forum!

Find ideas and requested changes to make the Xbox App on mobile devices even better

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Restore the search function (video/music/apps)

Before this last update, you could use the app to search for movies, music, TV shows, and apps. Once you found something you wanted to watch, you could select it and see which apps it was available through, then load and play it.

That was my most used feature on the app other than the remote control. Now you can only search for games. With so many video apps and such a large library, losing the ability to quickly search/browse all of them at once just doesn't make sense.

Bring back this function that worked perfectly and should have never…

237 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

6 comments  ·  Xbox App on Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Appear offline/online from SmartGlass app

I would love the ability to easily change my appearing online status from my Windows Phone (or iOS, Android) SmartGlass app.

232 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Stream the Xbox One UI directly to SmartGlass and navigate from there

It has always been said that windows 8 seems to have been designed more for touch device. So why not allow my xbox to be navigated directly with a touch device? when I first head of smartglass I was under the impression that this is exactly what It did keep the controller feature of course but please impement this it will really improve alot of peoples view on the UI.

[Mod edit: Title changed from "Stream the Xbox UI directly on smartglass allowing you to navigate it the xbox UI directly with your phone allowing you to navigate the UI."]

230 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Buy Xbox 360 on Xbox One SmartGlass

When it's a new month, I often fire up my Xbox One SmartGlass app to download the free game with Gold, but can only access the Xbox One titles this way. Would be nice to be able to search for and buy Xbox 360 titles from Xbox One SmartGlass app. (all backwards compatability titles should be accessible).

229 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Link Netflix account to SmartGlass

I love the way you can link your phones youtube to that on the xbox one makes searching for videos much easier I wish you could do the same for NETFLIX

215 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Allow us to rate content in SmartGlass

Sure I can see what a game or movie is rated by the community but I cant actually rate them in SG...I have to do it from the console. Add this to SG. Also the ability to see MY rating vs what the community at large has rated something. I dont like that once I rate something, I can never know what the community thinks of that content: knowing that is most of the fun. It almost makes me not want to rate things. We need two separate ratings...ours and community.

213 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. View and Download Screenshots from Smartglass

The Title speaks for itself and the many uses I could think of for this should entice your mind as well.

205 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. 192 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Smartglass Keyboard for Internet Explorer and Netlix

A keyboard on Smartlgass specifically for Internet Explorer and Netlix is needed. Browsing and searching are difficult with the default methods.

190 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Xbox live status should be in the smartglass app

Xbox live status should be in the smartglass app.

186 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Xbox support on Xbox one and smartglass

Put the option to contact Xbox support smartglass and Xbox one/360 on message support

186 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Twitch Chat on SmartGlass while broadcasting

We need a chat companion on SmartGlass for when streaming on the Xbox One. I like to have my game fullscreen on my TV so having a custom twitch chat on SmartGlass would be awesome.

As a bonus, having smartglass create overlays etc. Basically having all the functionality of a PC stream, would be great and make the streaming so much more enjoyable.

[Mod Edit: this idea was merged with a similar idea posted by Geordie Flash. Thanks everyone!]

167 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Xbox Live service alert notification

It could be very useful to receive a notification on SmartGlass when there are some issues with the Xbox Live service. This notification could also give us a link to a dedicated screen giving more details about the incident. A second notification could be sent when the issue has been resolved. All of that could be enabled and disabled from the SmartGlass settings menu.

159 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Smartglass controls your music and media without a snap

Without having to snap groove music or pandora or any other music and lose 25% of your screen, you can then control your music in the background seamlessly. let the gamer have 100% of that gaming real estate so they can preform better with tunes they want to hear!

156 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. SmartGlass controls snapped apps

I think it would be great to allow SmartGlass to control a snapped app. For example, while snapping Netflix and playing a game, allow SmartGlass to control what is streamed on Netflix instead of having to switch panes and then go full screen to play next program. Thanks for listening.

150 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Feedback App

The Xbox Feedback App on the Xbox One console is really nice, I love the way you can send screen shots along with what your feedback is. I was thinking it would be nice to be able to use SmartGlass to send write out your feedback instead of having to type it out on the console with the controller.

149 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Browse external hard drive via smartglass

It would be awesome if we could browse external hard drives or NAS devices (later on) that are connected to the xbox one via smart glass. That way I could just pull up the movie on my tablet and my xbox would go straight to the media player app and start playing it.

146 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Ability To Download (Apps) From Smart Glass...

Ability To Download (Apps) From Smart Glass. As today August 18,2014 You Can download Games And DLC But Not Apps.

145 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Shows the list of purchased games and app

I want to see the whole list of games that I bought but not 've ever played and app

145 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Microsoft Movie & TV App for Android Devices

Make Microsoft movie & TV app accessible through Android devices

143 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Android  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

The Clubs & LFG Forum Is Live!

Our newest Feature Area forum, Clubs & LFG, is now live! We've added a bunch of ideas that you can now vote on both in the Feature Area forum and in the Clubs & LFG category of theNew Ideas forum!

Go to the new Clubs & LFG forum and vote for your favorite ideas!

Xbox App on Mobile (iOS & Android)

Feedback and Knowledge Base