Find ideas and requested changes to make the Xbox App on mobile devices even better

Microphone through SmartGlass

Recently my microphone has broken and I cant get a new one for a while. I had a idea that if a person is using a smartphone or something with a microphone that supports smart glass, that they can use their mic through there. It will also help people communicate from Having fun on Halo or doing a Raid on Destiny.

1,242 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Toxiic Glare shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

45 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Skunkie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be incredible! I too recently broke my headset. Which I am waiting for a real wireless solution from Microsoft like the Xbox 360 wireless headsets to purchase another. Currently my squad is using Skype since I can run that from mobile and they can all still use their Xbox One to chat.

• RustyCactus5 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Xbox is better than playstation continue to ask us what could make the brand better for us consumers

• heIIy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

if you have windows 8.1/10, you can download the xbox app and join parties with xbox users on that, utilizing your computer or laptops microphone.

• H34RT13SS commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

BTW.. you can get a mini-mic to plug into the 3.55mm mic jack. It works pretty much just for voice commands, but it would help you during the times you're in between mics. Amazon has them for less tha $10.

• H34RT13SS commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I don't think it would impact mic sales too much. I'd still prefer a headset, especially if they're turtle beaches. But it would be useful for voice commands at the least of you're in between mics.

• X Antz X commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

i recently just gotta xboxone white version and it didn't come with a mic so i have iPhone 7 headphones and a iPhone 7. If it was possible to use smartglass app and convert my voice thru it to talk in a party chat it would be awesome.

• SWAG BMGaming commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

yeah this would be a great idea because a lot more people would use mics and people would be a lot more social

• TheAgresiveScot commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I downloaded the Xbox app just to see if I could do this because of inferior controlers and the fact I need to send mine to Germany of all places to get it fixed but the only way to send it is with ups and you need to print a shipping label which is great if you own a printer :@

• CrazyLeadSpoon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be great so i could have my bluetooth headset instead of this stupid cord out the bottom of my controller. seriously the controllers run off bluetooth, why can't I use my bluetooth headset, it is so frustrating as the cord always goes right where you connect to the controller. the reason, you are always moving that or accidentally resting on that stupid cord. Bad design to not allow bluetooth headsets, at least allow me to have a part chat in smartglass as a fix.

• GGxxxHozayy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You should be able to talk through the xbox app because peoples mics are breaking, and so much money is being spent

• Aye Cortez commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

They really need to add something like this to xbox.

I hate the fact they shafted people like me with a controller that lacks a 3.5-mm port.

That means i am forced to buy a really expensive microphone, but i refuse to do so because I have 3 microphones with 3.5 mm plug. I hate that they were that greedy to even make inferior controllers like that

• StylelessHorse0 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Allow voice chat on Smartglass app so you can use your smartphone as a microphone.Not everyone has,wants or likes wearing a headset when gaming.

← Previous 1 3

The Clubs & LFG Forum Is Live!

Our newest Feature Area forum, Clubs & LFG, is now live! We've added a bunch of ideas that you can now vote on both in the Feature Area forum and in the Clubs & LFG category of theNew Ideas forum!

Go to the new Clubs & LFG forum and vote for your favorite ideas!

Feedback and Knowledge Base