Find ideas and requested changes to make the Xbox App on mobile devices even better

Make use of that WiFi Direct technology & make streaming Xbox One content cellphones a reality

Most phones come with WiFi Direct nowadays and it's a huge plus to use over bluetooth. You guys made a smart decision to choose WiFi direct over bluetooth for the system. Now i'm sure people will have to have to smartglass app, but I know it's very possible to stream games, tv, movies, apps, ect. from the Xbox One to cell phones, just like how streaming games from Xbox One to windows 10 devices is coming. I think a better idea would be to take that idea further and have it be "stream Xbox One to smartglass devices"

862 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

marathonLRx93 shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

18 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Killer Yardie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have a Galaxy Note 8 and Samsung Oculus VR note 8 edition, having the Xbox app stream games on my phone using the home network would be amazing! I could play games while laying down on my bed. Please make this happen. Also please make the elite controller bluetooth compatible.

• DREAMvEATER commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I stream My footage from my fake gopro (made in same physical building just 200 instead 1200 lmao) and through wifi direct and cell data my family in the chalet can watch me ride (most of my family are boring but enjoy coming for the atmosphere) so i get what your saying, it actually would be possible if you had 50 or so MB on your smartphone to spare, it very likely would be laggy

• DIPDIP0TAT0CH1P commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Having the ability to have the ability to stream the sound to an android device would be awesome. It would also allow some very nice way to allow you to add your headset or even bt headset capability to the sound capabilities.

One project that I would use is turn my old android phone into a sound reciever, hook this into my sound system and bye bye all those wires.

The tech is there, we just need the means from MS to give us the ability. Lets go for it.....

• V2 1000 SLI commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

WiFi-Direct and we have the same like Sony with his remote Play which is a awesome Feature, and I hate Sony at this days for the way to bring no games for us gamers.

• Zythe Tarak commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Windows 10 streaming has quickly become one of my most used, and adored features. However, being able to stream games to a Smartglass device would take it a step further.

• Chiaj0 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

What I wouldn't give for this!

Streaming my xbox games on my iPhone?? AWESOME! I could play while I'm in bed or while someone is using the TV.

Xbox would still run the processing of the game, iPhone would just display the visual.

• S Y IN T IH commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You could do an cooperation with nvida they already got a good working system to stream games to their Shild Tablet. And i realy take use of it more than streaming to my xbox one... if i wanna watch a movie i search for it on the device where i gonna watch it on my xbox i wont search on my phone and try to stream it to my xbox in fact it would take much more time to setup the srteam... next point i never gonna stream to my pc cause its still more powerfull then the xbox. I play on xbox only for fun if go compedetiv then i gonna play on pc :) so do the game stream to android and make some guys happy :D

• Dave Death Ray commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

What would be good is not only streaming games to other device screens but while your doing that also be able to watch TV on your main screen alowing other family members to get what they want but still allowing you to play games. I end up connecting my xbox through my 22" PC monitor when others want to use the TV at the same time.

• OLD TIMER 1997 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Allow the smart glass app to be more like the XBOX. I expect XBOX ONE SmartGlass to do everything the console does except play the game of course. With wifi available you should be able to access your avatar send voice messages use your cell phone as a Xbox mic and much more.

• Superstar Venom commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Remote play is essential, I use it all the time with Playstation. Surely it's not difficult to allow us to stream games to a tablet that has Smart glass on it.
    Imagine if people could stream to their ipad, jesus, xbix would see some sales!

• Reverend Cooter commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would be nice if Smartglass would be able to stream my games like the laptop can now, It would not get used to much, but I would have the option to chill with the family and still game in the living room.

The Clubs & LFG Forum Is Live!

Our newest Feature Area forum, Clubs & LFG, is now live! We've added a bunch of ideas that you can now vote on both in the Feature Area forum and in the Clubs & LFG category of theNew Ideas forum!

Go to the new Clubs & LFG forum and vote for your favorite ideas!

Feedback and Knowledge Base