Find ideas and requested changes to make the Xbox App on mobile devices even better

Update games and apps from SmartGlass

Allow us to check if a game or app needs a update on our Xbox One and then selecting update game or app will begin to update the game even if our Xbox is off. ( And notify us what has been updated when we play our Xbox )

841 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Adam7363 shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

5 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • SwordofWhedon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If you are in instant on, it will update itself. If you have this disabled, then what you're asking for won't work

• ROETHEDON commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would like for Microsoft to enable the functionality for gamers to opt in or out for push notifications when any or all of their games require an update. For a lot of users like myself, I work during the week and am a weekend gamer for the most part and sometimes i only get to game on Sundays. It can get frustrating when I'm ready to play a game or games and then I have to wait on an update, which depending on the size of update and Internet speed, can take a good chunk of my day away. I'm not the biggest fan of always having the "instant on" option selected for a few reasons, and would love to see this new idea implemented. Users will have the option via an app or any interface that would allow them to add the games they own in that system. They will then be able to select which games they want to recieve notifications for and if they want notifications for all of their games then they can choose that option as well. When a new update is required for the selected game(s), it will send the push notification to their smartphones and they can update their games ahead of time if they choose. For the working class weekend gamers, it would be great to update thier games during the work week and have time to relax and play all they want on the weekends.

• Thecalmed commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Bonjour,
    ce serait cool de pouvoir être notifier sur notre Smartglass quand nos jeux directement installer sur notre console de salon ont reçu une mise à jour.

• TabXL commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Again same as the other comment here why would anyone want this the xbox already does this in the background

The Clubs & LFG Forum Is Live!

Our newest Feature Area forum, Clubs & LFG, is now live! We've added a bunch of ideas that you can now vote on both in the Feature Area forum and in the Clubs & LFG category of theNew Ideas forum!

Go to the new Clubs & LFG forum and vote for your favorite ideas!

Feedback and Knowledge Base