Find ideas and requested changes to make the Xbox App on mobile devices even better

Add Cortana Support to SmartGlass

Have it be a microphone button within Smartglass which when gets hit, sends your voice query to the console.

Then while your at it, add in fast commands to the smartglass app so you can hold down the search button and say "Smartglass, Launch Titanfall" which will send the query to your console to launch Titanfall.

641 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

killer rin shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

12 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • SWOOPYOU commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would solve my problem being too far away for Cortana to hear me clearly. I could put Bluetooth mics around my house that connect to my phone, and then my phone to the Xbox one. Hey Cortana, watch Disney jr. For the kids in the other room instead of walking across the house or opening up smart glass after unlocking my phone, finding the app, waiting for it to load blah blah. I'm really just after Bluetooth or wifi mic integration with the Xbox without a controller, but your suggestion would work also, albeit another step added.

• nemesis ninety6 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think it's possible to build in functions to Cortana without having to open apps, so for example you'd open the Cortana app, say 'switch my xbox on' and she'd do it without even opening smartglass!

• GunsareCOOL18 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

For people who don't want to spend money on a kinect for Xbox one, add the voice command for the smart glass app to use for your Xbox one.

• LX Easy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Imagine navigating through smart glass through Cortana.
    "Cortana when I turn on my Xbox I want Halo 5 ready in the menus so that I can jump right in and play"

• f00xm4n commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Great idea, I bet it's already in the plans. Let's let them know we love it.

• MEGATRON 698 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would love to be able to tell Cortana on my windows phone to download a game to my xbox and she takes care of it for me. Perhaps, also have Cortana to be able to do other actions to the Xbox through a Windows Phone

• MitsuDude commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Cortana support for xbox smartglass app could be used in the same way that you would give a voice command to the kinect if you don't have a kinect. Also, cortana can be used to keep an active connection between the console and the smartglass app while out of console range using mobile data or other wifi source, giving you access to your xbox while away. For instance, if your away from your console, and if you have children playing a game and you don't want them to be playing that game, you just tell cortana to stop it and to send a reminder to the children that they are not allowed to play that game. Or, if you are away, you can ask cortana to search for a game title in your library and have it on a que to start up right when the console turns on or how about having cortana notify you when your console turns on or if the console has been unplugged; a security mesure to know if your system has been possibly stolen? the possibilities are endless.

The Clubs & LFG Forum Is Live!

Our newest Feature Area forum, Clubs & LFG, is now live! We've added a bunch of ideas that you can now vote on both in the Feature Area forum and in the Clubs & LFG category of theNew Ideas forum!

Go to the new Clubs & LFG forum and vote for your favorite ideas!

Feedback and Knowledge Base