Find ideas and requested changes to make the Xbox App on mobile devices even better

Send us notifications via SmartGlass when a system update is available, that way we can download remotely

I think it'll be great to download system updates when away from home. Smart glass should send a notification to our smartphone.

1,980 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

xxHomicide718xx shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

10 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • STIZZ commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Can we have the ability to see when a console update is in progress via smart glass when we are away from home outside of our WiFi signal. Getting a notification of when our console is updating and a message letting us know if the update was successful or not.

• Jas Man ZN commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

yes the xbox os gearing to auto update but how about it sending a notification once the update is complete so we know what is going on

• ArrivedJester88 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, as the other comments stated your xbox one is geared to automatically update..that was all set up through a quest in the preview program..

• Sweedy Tweedy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a valued idea for me, I would love more Info on when Microsoft are updating certain apps and such, especially smart glass. I find smart glass is very slow and outdated when it comes to content and add on releases. Fable anniversary through smart glass was horrendous and barely worked, compared to a 3rd party app like assassins creed companion app , the store and relevant updates on dlc and news was tied in very well when it comes to developers making it, smart glass should be like this tailored to each game and more in sync.

• behem0th x commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Set your console to autodownload updates.

I haven't manually updated in months, I just turn it on sometimes and there is new stuff. Why not do that instead?

The Clubs & LFG Forum Is Live!

Our newest Feature Area forum, Clubs & LFG, is now live! We've added a bunch of ideas that you can now vote on both in the Feature Area forum and in the Clubs & LFG category of theNew Ideas forum!

Go to the new Clubs & LFG forum and vote for your favorite ideas!

Feedback and Knowledge Base