Find ideas and requested changes to make the Xbox App on mobile devices even better

Stream game audio and video to Xbox App on Mobile

XB1 needs the ability to stream games to SmartGlass. The Controller would still go through XB1. This feature would only be available up to the max range of the XB controller. The idea here would be to have the option to play games and not take up the primary TV.

[Mod Edit: This idea was merged with similar ideas posted by BigDj Ownz, Oldtimer001, DeltaFire29, xUronlyfriendx, mik29, SPACEGHO5T, and rocky619619. Thanks everyone!]

6,299 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

N3 shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

316 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • SvRomanov87 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

That would be a killer feature, if done right - Xbox/PC streaming to Android/iOS. The controller already has Bluetooth, WiFi and even LTE are more than capable to handle it. Would be great to play all games away from TV and even on the go.

Besides, the competition has it, I'm sure you can do it better.

• nikimorski commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I really want to lay in bed sometimes and just relax while playing through smart glass.

• street2234 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

sometimes i dont have access to y tv if i could play using my 10 inch tablet that would be great

• SappyGoldfish90 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Microsoft! Please do this! There are 6014 people counting on you! More than 4 times the people that have voted on the only post you have completed!

• jeastbur commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Another vote for this. My wife has bluetooth hearing aids that can stream any audio from her iPhone directly to the hearing aids. If the iOS app / SmartGlass could play any audio on the Xbox, that would be a much easier solution than plugging in a bluetooth transmitter into the Xbox controller and repairing the hearing aids every time she wants to switch between TV and iPhone.

• Killer Yardie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have a Galaxy Note 8 and Samsung Oculus VR note 8 edition, having the Xbox app stream on my phone using the home network would be amazing! I could play games while laying down on my bed. Please make this happen. Also please make the elite controller bluetooth compatible.

• armandoxbox4090 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Is much better then the xbox one app have a streaming option like the pc but no for windows 10 mobile only no for iphone and android to

• RennJackal commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Microsoft. Catch up with ALL your competitors and put xbox Video on Android and Iphone. Look at all the money you are loosing. Customers are leaving to your compertion because they make their services avaliable. Wake up!!! I spent hundreds on Videos that I cant view on better devices. Catch. We're not asking you to make a better Windows phone. Where asking you to expand the apps to other platforms. Figure it out. Your customers are..

← Previous 1 3 4 5 15 16

The Clubs & LFG Forum Is Live!

Our newest Feature Area forum, Clubs & LFG, is now live! We've added a bunch of ideas that you can now vote on both in the Feature Area forum and in the Clubs & LFG category of theNew Ideas forum!

Go to the new Clubs & LFG forum and vote for your favorite ideas!

Feedback and Knowledge Base