Find ideas and requested changes to make the Xbox App on mobile devices even better

Allow Separate Control of a Snapped App

Allowing smart glass to control apps that are in the snapped window would enable someone to pause or browse videos/music while another person continues to play a game in the main window.

1,007 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Mootacoo shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

19 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Geofortean commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I do think this would be an excellent addition to the app - particularly for the likes of Twitch as it would make controlling the settings, starting-stopping the stream and contributing in chat an absolute dream. Make it so!

• thatNoseyParker commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Add more controls to the smartglass remote aspect, such as being able to use a snapped app without changing the active app on your tv.

• TTR7 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There should be an option when connected to Xbox One via Smartglass to control the snapped screen via your tablet or phone. This way you could change channels, scroll and browse through Microsoft Edge etc and the snapped app itself without having to double tap the home button and switch across to the snapped side.

Everything could be done by just picking up your phone.

• CMG lDesmonD commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Example: I can choose and find a movie from netflix on my cell with the app and then give click in play so that on XO play

• Schief commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Note that part of this is already possible in Xbox One SmartGlass (available since launch). When you have an app open in snap, you will see two icons represented in the Now Playing bar at the bottom of SmartGlass. If you tap on the now playing bar to expand it from the bottom, you will see two tabs at the top which are the app/game running in snap and the app/game running in full. You can tap on those tabs to switch between the apps and you will get contextual commands available depending on the app. So if you are playing Forza while music is in snap, your friend can start SmartGlass, open the now playing drawer, tap on say xbox music, and then pause or skip the music that is playing.

• Vita Kid V1 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My idea exactly would
    bring true multitasking to the Xbox one using Xbox smart glass and your home console you would be able to focus your television screen on your game while still being snapped your SmartGlass will control the snapped application. Having to switch the focus mid ga
    me is not multitasking the SmartGlass application already shows the different focuses between the game and the snapped application now what if we took that farther and let the snapped application when clicked on in smart glass be controlled using your phone or tablet

• Spartakus72 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be awesome...my wife could browse reddit, or internet explorer while I play! Making two people happy at once.

• LeoKurtz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Not just smart glass but this should be enabled for the second controller and voice commands

• SENSEI ASAD commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hadn't thought of this, but very interesting idea, can't be too much work and it could even be used for coop situations.

• Shadsy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a great idea! It would make it much easier to support two people using the system at once.

• CAMEL CARCASS commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Having a buddy show you through some youtube videos or something whilst you play, all on the same screen... Phwoar.

The Clubs & LFG Forum Is Live!

Our newest Feature Area forum, Clubs & LFG, is now live! We've added a bunch of ideas that you can now vote on both in the Feature Area forum and in the Clubs & LFG category of theNew Ideas forum!

Go to the new Clubs & LFG forum and vote for your favorite ideas!

Feedback and Knowledge Base