Xbox App on Mobile (iOS & Android)

Here you can find ideas and feature requests for the Xbox App on mobile.

Keep in mind that when you are searching, you are only searching through the Xbox App on Mobile forum! If you don’t find your idea below, you can search and post it in the New Ideas forum!

Find ideas and requested changes to make the Xbox App on mobile devices even better

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Stream game audio and video to Xbox App on Mobile

XB1 needs the ability to stream games to SmartGlass. The Controller would still go through XB1. This feature would only be available up to the max range of the XB controller. The idea here would be to have the option to play games and not take up the primary TV.

[Mod Edit: This idea was merged with similar ideas posted by BigDj Ownz, Oldtimer001, DeltaFire29, xUronlyfriendx, mik29, SPACEGHO5T, and rocky619619. Thanks everyone!]

5,930 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

307 comments  ·  Xbox App on Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Download Progress Notifications Via Xbox App on Mobile When Out and About

Could we get a "game finished installing" notification for the smart glass app when you are out and about and you are wondering how the download that you left going is doing

1,177 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  Xbox App on Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Restore the search function (video/music/apps)

Before this last update, you could use the app to search for movies, music, TV shows, and apps. Once you found something you wanted to watch, you could select it and see which apps it was available through, then load and play it.

That was my most used feature on the app other than the remote control. Now you can only search for games. With so many video apps and such a large library, losing the ability to quickly search/browse all of them at once just doesn't make sense.

Bring back this function that worked perfectly and should have never…

237 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Xbox App on Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Allow clips to be downloaded from Smartglass to phones

I frequently record clips and then want to send them in a text to a friend or my wife. The only way I can do this currently is to record, edit, upload to One Drive, download it from there, and then send it. But if I take a screenshot, I can just save it straight from Smartglass. Please let us also save clips as well as the screenshots.

109 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Xbox App on Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

The Clubs & LFG Forum Is Live!

Our newest Feature Area forum, Clubs & LFG, is now live! We've added a bunch of ideas that you can now vote on both in the Feature Area forum and in the Clubs & LFG category of theNew Ideas forum!

Go to the new Clubs & LFG forum and vote for your favorite ideas!

Xbox App on Mobile (iOS & Android)

Feedback and Knowledge Base