Xbox App on Mobile (iOS & Android)

Here you can find ideas and feature requests for the Xbox App on mobile.

Keep in mind that when you are searching, you are only searching through the Xbox App on Mobile forum! If you don’t find your idea below, you can search and post it in the New Ideas forum!

Find ideas and requested changes to make the Xbox App on mobile devices even better

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Stream game audio and video to Xbox App on Mobile

XB1 needs the ability to stream games to SmartGlass. The Controller would still go through XB1. This feature would only be available up to the max range of the XB controller. The idea here would be to have the option to play games and not take up the primary TV.

[Mod Edit: This idea was merged with similar ideas posted by BigDj Ownz, Oldtimer001, DeltaFire29, xUronlyfriendx, mik29, SPACEGHO5T, and rocky619619. Thanks everyone!]

5,866 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

304 comments  ·  Xbox App on Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. View download progress in SmartGlass

View the progress of a game download on you Xbox at home using SmartGlass is something I'd love to see. It would save me from running around to my Xbox every 20 mins or so to check progress. It would go well with being able to make purchases via your phone. If I buy Halo:MCC on release day, I can go to school/college/work and check the progress of the download so I can know if it will be ready when I get home.

[Mod Edit: This idea was merged with a similar idea from Zordid2. Thanks Everyone!]

4,964 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

117 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Set up and manage a Party via Xbox App

Enable the Smartglass App to control Party's on Xbox One. Also make it possible to manage invitations etc.

[Mod Edit: This idea was merged with similar ideas from aBulletTooth and TheReal 20inch. Thanks everyone!]

2,985 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

123 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Watch home TV through Smartglass app anywhere

The idea is, while the Xbox is in Instant On mode, it should be waiting for the Smartglass device to request from the internet to start encoding and pushing the HDMI in image. On the Smartglass device the person would be able watch the image in HD and change channels, volume, etc through Kinect IR commands without turning the Xbox fully on.

TL;DR: Watch home TV anywhere with Smartglass app, also change channels, free with gold.

2,542 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

31 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Voice messages

I want to be able to hear voice messages via smartglass. I think it would be great!

2,354 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

21 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Owned Game List for SmartGlass

Allow me to see what games are installed on my Xbox Ones via Smartglass. With over 40 titles, I find it hard to remember what games I have when friends ask. I just want a simple library with the list, and maybe box art.

2,234 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Would Like to see Xbox Rewards in SmartGlass App

I would love to be able to check my Reward Points and request deposit, check on my VIP status, and be able to check out new deals and point incentives.

2,178 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Let people edit and delete game clips straight from SmartGlass app

When you open Smartglass up have the upload studio there to use, edit and delete game clips. Also if i have say 10 mins of dvr footage upload only takes the first 5 mins to edit but you should be able to take the 5 mins out of the clip no matter where it's at beginning or end as long as you can select where you want the 5 mins to start and end

2,014 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

44 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Send us notifications via SmartGlass when a system update is available, that way we can download remotely

I think it'll be great to download system updates when away from home. Smart glass should send a notification to our smartphone.

1,957 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. 1,920 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Microphone through SmartGlass

Recently my microphone has broken and I cant get a new one for a while. I had a idea that if a person is using a smartphone or something with a microphone that supports smart glass, that they can use their mic through there. It will also help people communicate from Having fun on Halo or doing a Raid on Destiny.

1,214 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

45 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Download Progress Notifications Via Xbox App on Mobile When Out and About

Could we get a "game finished installing" notification for the smart glass app when you are out and about and you are wondering how the download that you left going is doing

1,164 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  Xbox App on Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Allow SmartGlass to show what is downloaded on the Xbox and how much storage space you have left

when you buy a game and have your xbox instant on you should be able to see what percent the download it at and how much storage you have left and what is downloaded.

1,127 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Unify Xbox One and Xbox 360 SmartGlass Apps

Now that the Xbox 360 is getting updated again, I'm sure the Xbox engineers can figure out some way to connect to both Xbox One and Xbox 360 consoles out of a single SmartGlass app (instead of needing two separate apps).

Please allow for control of both Xbox One consoles and Xbox 360 consoles from the Windows 10 Xbox app.

1,007 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Allow Separate Control of a Snapped App

Allowing smart glass to control apps that are in the snapped window would enable someone to pause or browse videos/music while another person continues to play a game in the main window.

1,004 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Set Dashboard background image via SmartGlass

How cool would setting the Dashboard background image be using the SmartGlass device? Photos from your camera, images from the Internet... It would be so convenient!

974 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Take screenshots from SmartGlass

Take a screenshot on Xbox One, through SmartGlass, similar to video capture "Xbox: Record That. Thank you

916 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Make use of that WiFi Direct technology & make streaming Xbox One content cellphones a reality

Most phones come with WiFi Direct nowadays and it's a huge plus to use over bluetooth. You guys made a smart decision to choose WiFi direct over bluetooth for the system. Now i'm sure people will have to have to smartglass app, but I know it's very possible to stream games, tv, movies, apps, ect. from the Xbox One to cell phones, just like how streaming games from Xbox One to windows 10 devices is coming. I think a better idea would be to take that idea further and have it be "stream Xbox One to smartglass devices"

850 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Update games and apps from SmartGlass

Allow us to check if a game or app needs a update on our Xbox One and then selecting update game or app will begin to update the game even if our Xbox is off. ( And notify us what has been updated when we play our Xbox )

831 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Add Cortana Support to SmartGlass

Have it be a microphone button within Smartglass which when gets hit, sends your voice query to the console.

Then while your at it, add in fast commands to the smartglass app so you can hold down the search button and say "Smartglass, Launch Titanfall" which will send the query to your console to launch Titanfall.

632 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5
  • Don't see your idea?

The Clubs & LFG Forum Is Live!

Our newest Feature Area forum, Clubs & LFG, is now live! We've added a bunch of ideas that you can now vote on both in the Feature Area forum and in the Clubs & LFG category of theNew Ideas forum!

Go to the new Clubs & LFG forum and vote for your favorite ideas!

Xbox App on Mobile (iOS & Android)

Feedback and Knowledge Base