Find ideas and requested changes to make the Xbox App on mobile devices even better

let me turn on the xbox one with the smartglass app

Would be very convenient to able to turn on your xbox one through the smart glass app. Also when you are not near the screen being able to hit an off button that turns the system off without having to hold the home button on the smart glass app.

[Mod Edit: This idea was merged with similar ideas posted by Monte2002 and Superman X. Thanks everyone!]

4,026 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

XMAN2YMAN shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

63 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • AJ west commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Since we can buy games from our smartglass, it would be nice if we can turn on our console so we can install our games.

• Arsynic commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This makes sense since "Xbox On" doesn't work in a crowded room. I'd like my tablet to be able to act as a remote control.

This should work just like the Xbox button on the controller. Just press the Xbox logo in Smartglass to bring up the power options.

• Dammed Prophet commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would also be handy to be able to remote switch off from the app without being in front of the screen to confirm.

• Gus Mix commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Combination of buying stuff via Smartglass, turn on our console via Smartglass or at least start downloading in the background so it's finished, when I come back home.

• mestreotaku commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Give a vote on that !! When I'm on PC or Windows Phone, on other room, I can easily open smartglass anytime but there's nothing to really do since it don't awake the console on the same network !! Would be nice if I can launch Smartglass on PC and it awake my standby XboxOne on same network so I can choose to open Xbox Music and play my songs... even turning up the volume or mute as I want since Smartglass have this features available on last update.

• Pillywinker commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Not possible. The Xbox would have to technically not be off for it to receive a signal from the internet.

• Lord Rob UK commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Could update the app so it comes with widgets. So you could have a power button on your phone. Even quicker ;)

• Lord VandeKieft commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would love a wake on LAN. I have a system set up at my house to wake certain devices up at certain times and I would love to be able to pre set my xbox to be on and at Pandora when I walk into my living room. Wake on lan would be awesome, or just wake from stand by mode. The Xbox has already has plenty of ways to turn on, but this would be very useful for people that do a lot of remote work. When I am away, I remote into my computer to get some downloads going to be ready for when i am home. and I would like to be able to do the same for my Xbox.

The Clubs & LFG Forum Is Live!

Our newest Feature Area forum, Clubs & LFG, is now live! We've added a bunch of ideas that you can now vote on both in the Feature Area forum and in the Clubs & LFG category of theNew Ideas forum!

Go to the new Clubs & LFG forum and vote for your favorite ideas!

Feedback and Knowledge Base