Find ideas and requested changes to make the Xbox App on mobile devices even better

let me turn on the xbox one with the smartglass app

Would be very convenient to able to turn on your xbox one through the smart glass app. Also when you are not near the screen being able to hit an off button that turns the system off without having to hold the home button on the smart glass app.

[Mod Edit: This idea was merged with similar ideas posted by Monte2002 and Superman X. Thanks everyone!]

4,026 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

XMAN2YMAN shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
  • AngryMosquito41 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be great if you didn't have to be in the same room with the Xbox... like.. I could be 2 blocks away and power it on and fire up the Netflix app and start a movie so when my date and I get home we just sit down and we're ready to ignore the movie

• MkGilbertX commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

from smart glass connect from internet to my xbox at home and turn it off or on , or download games , and view download progress.

• LaChriz0815 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

..and it would be great if i can choose which other devices are powered on when i use SmartGlass. If i want to watch TV in the bedroom and power on the xbox via SmartGlass, i don't want to automatically switch on all my devices in the living room (Receiver and TV)!

• Shpeshal Ed commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Seriously, if even Sony can do this, it should be a no brainer. Amazed it wasn't there from Day One.

• THELASTEXILE11 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The PS4 has had this feature via its companion app since day one... need I say more? Seriously though, this would be so awesome!

• WHITESEVEN commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes that 's it. Would be so awesome. I hope Microsoft integrates this feature soon.

• Jduba commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I had the same idea, however I would like to expand on it. I would like to be able to pin the on button to the start menu on my windows phone and tablet.

• hxc Frankie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

After pulling into my driveway and connecting to my WiFi I could have my xbox powered on and ready before I even walk through the door! It sounds so lazy of me but it would be awesome.

• FlubbedPython commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Integrated with purchasing games digitally. So people at work turn it on buy the game and its all set when they get home.

• Zyg0t3 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is sorely needed, I bought the digital TV Tuner. the Xbox is in one part of the house, I may be in another and want to watch streamed TV via smart glass, why not be able to turn it on remotley

• Rapid Shifter commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please god yes, I could use it with tasker and I could get the whole shebang going with a single NFC tag.

• Gaskellorama commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I just want a lay in on weekend on from smartglass would mean i can do that and keep the xbox out of reach of grubby hands

• ajaax 9 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In France we 've app for all the box tv, why not an xbox power button on smartglass ???

The Clubs & LFG Forum Is Live!

Our newest Feature Area forum, Clubs & LFG, is now live! We've added a bunch of ideas that you can now vote on both in the Feature Area forum and in the Clubs & LFG category of theNew Ideas forum!

Go to the new Clubs & LFG forum and vote for your favorite ideas!

Feedback and Knowledge Base