Console Hardware & Accessories

Here you can find ideas for physical Xbox hardware, including Xbox consoles, controllers, and accessories.

Keep in mind that when you are searching, you are only searching through the Console & Accessories forum! If you don’t find your idea below, you can search and post it in the New Ideas forum!

Find ideas for hardware or accessory improvements or hardware ideas

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add compatibility for Microsoft HoloLens!

I just love the idea behind HoloLens and I would highly appreciate it if it was possible to use HoloLens with a Xbox One! This would be the future of gaming, more useful than the competetive with Oculus & co.
    @the people who don't know HoloLens: http://www.microsoft.com/microsoft-hololens/

939 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

14 comments  ·  Other Xbox Accessories  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Extend the warranty on on Xbox One Controllers past 90 days

Extend the warranty on on Xbox One Controllers from 90 days to 3 years. Currently controllers sold separately from the console come with a 90 warranty. Many Xbox One controllers are failing at a high rate. Please extend the warranty so your customer base can get some relief from having to continuously spend more money on replacement controllers.

911 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

118 comments  ·  Xbox One Controllers  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Add Xbox One controller Support to Xbox 360

Even if wireless is not an option it would be great if I could use the Xbox One controller in wired mode on the Xbox 360, like it is possible to use the dualshock 4 in wired mode in most PS3 games. And viceversa would be awesome as well.

[Mod edit: This idea was merged with a similar idea posted by iAmnOgAmeR07. Thanks everyone!]

801 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

58 comments  ·  Xbox One Controllers  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Make flight stick available for Xbox One

I'm actually quite surprised that there is still no flight stick available for XBox One. The console is 1,5 years on the market now ... and now that Elite Dangerous is approaching it becomes even more important to deliver adequate equipment.

767 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

104 comments  ·  Other Controller Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Support Virtual Surround Sound on headphones plugged into controllers

Originnaly the Turtle Beach XO Seven's where advertised on both their site, and the xbox.com site as being surround sound.

However at launch of the product the "surround sound" was dropped, because the Xbox One does not output surround sound when headphones are plugged into the controllers.

I think having to plug into the optical port of the Xbox One ruins the experience, when having a fully wireless setup was clearly intended.

761 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

61 comments  ·  Xbox One Controllers  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Trade in controller for a discount on the Xbox One Elite controller

Either lower the price of the Elite controller its ridiculous just like the Scuf controllers, you can get 3 controllers for price of one of these. OR trade our original controllers with a decent discount with day one edition ones more ??

[Mod edit: Title changed from "when the Xbox One Elite controller is released,give us choice to trade our original one in for it!"]

727 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Xbox One Controllers  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Microsoft, Please offer a Scorpio VR Bundle

Since many of us will get one just for VR, It would be great if we can save a lot by getting a bundle!

709 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

34 comments  ·  Xbox Opportunities  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Offer Free Shipping For Broken Xbox One controllers

I purchased the AC:Unity bundle in mid-November. After not even two months of light use, the controller's charger port decided to come loose and sink down inside the controller. I decided to register my Xbox One and see if I could send in my controller for repair; lo and behold, Microsoft won't pay for shipping and handling for me to send my faulty Xbox One controller in to be replaced with a slightly less broken controller. Thank you so much, I know that after I've purchased a $350 console with chintzy hardware and a controller that feels like it'd break…

682 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

51 comments  ·  Xbox One Controllers  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Customize When and How Controller Turns Off Due To Inactivity or Sleep

Let us be able to put range of time on which the controllers turn off after certain time of inactivity. It is a little annoying having to turn on the controller every time I'm watching a TV episode.

669 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

103 comments  ·  Xbox One Controllers  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Allow wheels to have more buttons

Basically, the Thrustmaster TX wheel has a lot of buttons, especially the F1 Wheel add-on. Unfortunately though, many of these buttons are doubled or trippled-up. By that I mean "A", for instance, is mapped to two different buttons. However when connected to a PC, thiose two buttons are completely separate and can be mapped to two different functions.

The problems with this were relatively minor untill the release of project cars, and I imagine F1 2015 will have similar issues, where there simply aren't enough mappable buttons to fully appreciate the games.

You only need to go into the button…

643 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

91 comments  ·  Other Controller Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Please make Xbox One Media Remote more compatible with NXOE

My whole household uses the Xbox One as our primary source for media, so therefore it has been more convenient for us all to use the official Xbox One Media Remote.

Obviously the most frequented section of our Xbox is the Games and Apps section.

However, since the Xbox One updated to NXOE, it no longer takes one simple click to access this section... but 6, yes SIX button clicks of the remote...

It's nice that the Xbox One Controller has shortcuts to access the Games and Apps section quickly... but as far as the Media Remote, it is now…

639 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Other Xbox Accessories  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Send in console for upgrade to the Elite SSD Hard Drive without voiding the warranty

I'm fine with their being a cost difference as SSD's are not cheap but I would like an option for me to send the console to Microsoft for the hard drive to be installed professionally and keep my warranty intact. Their are many Xbox One owners with 500GB,and 1TB harddrives but SSD is going to increase overall performance to the system and the option should be available to anyone that owns a console.

617 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17 comments  ·  Xbox One  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Xbox Handheld

Microsoft could have huge success if it would launch an Xbox handheld console, named the Xbox Portable, Xbox Go, Xbox Travel, or even the Xbox Lumia. It would have Windows Phone 8, with all usual features like Internet Explorer, Skype and access to (nearly) all Windows Phone 8 apps. Its main focus and draw would be Xbox One game streaming, to compete with Sony's Remote Play and Nintendo's Off-TV Play. It would also have a few exclusives, most notably Halo: Beyond Galaxies, a prequel to Halo 5: Guardians and a sequel to Halo 4. Because of its main focus on…

606 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

82 comments  ·  Xbox Opportunities  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. external hdd partition

We all love the new external hdd support, I just bought a 4TB hdd so I can do the games as well as the idea to use it for personal use. I partiton it on the pc but when I plugged it back on the X1 it reformatted it just for the console use

587 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

116 comments  ·  Other Xbox Accessories  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Add offline features for Project Scorpio

Ok, Xbox 360 can do stuff offline (profiles, achievements, etc.) , but Xbox One is too dependent on internet. You can't do most of the stuff when you're offline. People have been asking for offline features since 2013 and here's your chance, when you release this new console in 2017. please put offline features that everyone wants! People would be very happy.

576 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

42 comments  ·  Xbox Opportunities  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. The ability to use USB Speakers with Xbox One

I would appreciate it greatly if I can plug in my USB speakers to my Xbox One directly and use that for sound. I would connect my Xbox One to a monitor that has no speakers and I would appreciate it greatly if I can connect and use say my Bose Companion 5's speakers with my monitor.

561 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Other Xbox Accessories  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. USB Webcam Support for Apps Like Skype on Xbox One

Hey whatas up everyone? First time making a suggestion so let me try to sell it a bit. Well an "unkinected" Xbox One is on store shelves. Great move Microsoft offering consumers a choice in the matter! But Kinect is not yet sold as a standalone device! Therefore some apps(mainly Skype) have less value as these user with no Kinect cannot video chat obviously. Now, the clear course of action is to sell Kinect standalone, but Im certain people who bout this console variant do not want Kinect period! What if these users already have Skype ready alternatives they use…

504 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

37 comments  ·  Other Xbox Accessories  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Wireless Speed Wheel for Xbox One

Loved the immersion that the wireless speed wheel provided to Forza and other racing games on the Xbox 360. Would love to see it on the XBox One. And if you do it, be sure to include bumpers and a chat adapter.

478 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

80 comments  ·  Other Controller Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Add option to force Xbox One to use 5 GHz (wifi)bandwith

I've got a router supporting both wlan frequencies, 2.4 GHz and 5.0 GHz and I'd like to use the 5.0 GHz WLAN with my Xbox one as there are less connection issues within the 5 GHz bandwith. Actually, the Xbox One does use automatically the 2.4 GHz WLAN, i don't know why, but therefore it would be simply awesome if I could force my Xbox to use the 5 GHz bandwith.

469 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

29 comments  ·  Headsets and Other Connectivity  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Upgraded Xbox Elite Controller (With Bluetooth)

Please make an upgraded Elite Controller with Bluetooth and any other enhancements that were given to the Xbox One S controller. Also if its possible please allow us to customize the elite controller in Xbox Design Labs.

463 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

35 comments  ·  Xbox One Controllers  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

The Clubs & LFG Forum Is Live!

Our newest Feature Area forum, Clubs & LFG, is now live! We've added a bunch of ideas that you can now vote on both in the Feature Area forum and in the Clubs & LFG category of theNew Ideas forum!

Go to the new Clubs & LFG forum and vote for your favorite ideas!

Feedback and Knowledge Base