Console Hardware & Accessories

Here you can find ideas for physical Xbox hardware, including Xbox consoles, controllers, and accessories.

Keep in mind that when you are searching, you are only searching through the Console & Accessories forum! If you don’t find your idea below, you can search and post it in the New Ideas forum!

Find ideas for hardware or accessory improvements or hardware ideas

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Offer Xbox One S in black.

Please offer the Xbox One S in black.

1,642 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

159 comments  ·  Xbox One S  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add Xbox Elite Controller to Design Labs

Well at E3 we did see what the new feature added called Design Labs which helps build a controller of your desires. But, the Elite Controller should be added to the Design Labs so people that have gotten accustom to the Elite Contoller can have it custom made to there own desires. I hope to see if this is possible and this would please many people.

1,559 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

80 comments  ·  Xbox One Controllers  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Can we get true wireless headsets with chat online and chat/game audio

Like title says, a true wireless mic without having to use the chat adapter, or if thats the only create a wireless or blutooth adapter. Im sick of janking off my headset by accident. Make two versions of the headset, chat only, and one that has chat and game audio, both being able to use the wireless/bluetooth adapter.

1,524 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

83 comments  ·  Headsets and Other Connectivity  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Bring back IR sensor for the Xbox One controller

With the new controller available last summer (2015), we lost infrared sensor. This IR window come with some great feature especially when you have a Kinect sensor like (I quote Xbox Wire's story: http://news.xbox.com/2013/06/xbox-one-controller-feature):

Seamless Connectivity – Each controller uses a combination of invisible reflective technology and LEDs to send a patterned infrared signal to your console and Kinect sensor. Not only does this make pairing the devices seamless, but it enables Kinect to associate the controller with whoever is holding it. This introduces innovative experiences, such as player switching, where a split screen display can swap positions on…

1,462 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

37 comments  ·  Xbox One Controllers  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Allow 4K passthrough on Xbox One S

Since the new Xbox has shifted toward 4K media, can we be able to do 4K passthrough since having the Xbox as your center hub and its hdmi pass through is a main selling point? It would be a shame if we can't use the hdmi in passthrough feature anymore if we're using something that has 4K capabilities.

1,433 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

76 comments  ·  Xbox One S  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Dim the bright power light on the Xbox One controller in dark rooms

The controller power light is very bright and distracting when playing games in dark rooms. The kinect could sense room brightness and send a signal to adjust accordingly (as it does on the console's power light). Its not an issue in bright rooms, but can be annoying out of the corner of your eye in any dark environment.

[Mod Edit: This idea was merged with similar ideas from GreenPKL and others. Thanks everyone!]

1,360 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

195 comments  ·  Xbox One Controllers  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Xbox One support for USB Racing Wheels..... Logitech G25, G27, Thrustmaster RGT FFB with Clutch and etc....

I would like to be able to use my existing/new USB Racing Wheel with clutch on the Xbox One to play all racing games.

1,351 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

341 comments  ·  Other Controller Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Xbox One Elite Console with Integrated TV Tuner

Please bring back the Elite Edition -
    with 1TB HDD and most important an integrated TV Tuner.
    All In One

[Mod Edit: This idea was merged with similar ideas from XRaptor29, ASTAR2012, and others. Please continue to comment with specific requests for the Elite version of Xbox One in this post. Thanks everyone!]

1,319 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

121 comments  ·  Xbox One  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. HOTAS For Xbox One

If space/flight simulators ever do make it to Xbox One we're going to need the appropriate controller. It would be perfered if we could use our current PC HOTAS controllers and plug them into the Xbox One, but considering all the different models would need different drivers/firmware to work on Xbox One it would be understandable it couldn't happen. I'm sure mad catz could produce a decent one for the Xbox One...just make sure it's a HOTAS.

1,215 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

256 comments  ·  Other Controller Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Every Xbox One and Controller should include Play and Charge kit

every Xbox One console an controller should include a recharble battery as standard. There is no place for AA Batteries in a console in 2015. Especially the New Elite controller for $150 it should come with a Play an Charge kit .

1,145 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18 comments  ·  Xbox One Controllers  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Make The Next Xbox Console Upgradeable

Needs to be easy as changing a battery but options are good as seen with the kinect issue. gamers are more equip to handle limited upgrades. all technology like phones , laptop have different specs for their products its time consoles do the same. As a gamer i would like to choose my graphics card to get the best there is. if we had a base . mid and high model gamers would accept it and gladly pay. PC still has to many options so consoles are still the better option for most but we would like to bridge the…

1,141 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

67 comments  ·  Xbox Opportunities  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. microsoft give a option to send xbox one in for hdd upgrade

Ms please let us send in our 500GB console for a new SSD 1TB for a fee.ill pay a fee if you guys upgrade the hdd.ask micosoft south africa to alow this.we want also faster xbox thanx keep up the work

1,114 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

35 comments  ·  Xbox Opportunities  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Enable Xbox 360 Drum Rocker (Ion Audio) Controller support on Xbox One for Rock Band 4

Rock Band 4 is releasing shortly, and there have been numerous articles about the Ion Audio Drum Rocker (Premium Drum set) for Xbox 360 not working on Xbox One via adapters due to it having a unique device id / controller type.

Since it is a USB connection, is there any way to add driver (?) support for this controller type (since it is not a standard 'controller' output) to work with Rock Band 4 on Xbox One?

1,102 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

277 comments  ·  Xbox One Controllers  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Give Scorpio a Kinect Port

Xbox One S is removing the Kinect port on the back of the system. If Scorpio is a more high-end system, I would like to see it include a kinect port on the back of the box so we can continue to use the kinect without taking up a USB port.

1,084 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

60 comments  ·  Xbox Opportunities  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Adjust Microphone sensitivity Xbox Chat Headset / Adapter

Hallo all,
    I'm starting to notice more and more echoes from myself/others while being in a party chat. When turning on the Partychat overlay I was able to indicate the echoes were coming from multiple users, all using the original Xbox Chat Headset. In my case I am using the headset adapter. Some of them have their party audio also over speakers because of their partner who want "join" our conversations. All of us have turned down our volume, but still a lot off echoing occurs.

So my suggestion: Could an option be added to adjust the sensitivity of microphones,…

1,063 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

26 comments  ·  Headsets and Other Connectivity  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Stream Xbox One games to Hololens

Now, we all know that streaming from Xbox One to Windows 10 Tablets and PCs is coming, and it's really good news !

But Microsoft also announced that an all new type of hardware is coming for Windows 10 : Hololens. During the video demo, we've seen that we will be able to watch films on Netflix using Hololens : no need of TV, laptop, tablet or phone : a giant holographic screen will be just in front of our eyes, with spatialized audio.

So, given Hololens will also use Windows 10, we want to be able to stream Xbox…

1,061 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Other Xbox Accessories  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Have an official, Xbox One-themed 5TB external hard drive

Have a xbox one external hard drive that's atleast 5tb and make it xbox one themed for about $100
    Thank you

1,044 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

28 comments  ·  Other Xbox Accessories  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Wireless headsets. That is all.

Next gen console- wired headsets? Why?

1,003 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

31 comments  ·  Headsets and Other Connectivity  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Being able to use multiple headsets on one Xbox One

It would be nice to be able to use multiple different microphones on the same console for talking in game and in party chat. It is a bummer to not be able to allow your friend who is playing multiplayer with you to not be able to be involved in the multiplayer chat. I feel that you should be able to use more then one microphone with separate controllers.

950 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

71 comments  ·  Headsets and Other Connectivity  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. HDR Dolby Vision Support For Xbox One S

I understandard that the xbox one s will support the hdr 10 standard. Microsoft has not confirmed hdr dolby vision standard. I bought a new tv with hdr dolby vision as many others have. I was planning on upgrading to the S version from my original xbox one for the reasons of the 4k blu ray player and HDR support. there are 4k BLU RAY movies out already supporting dolby vision. It would be a great selling point for Microsoft to support both HDR standards so they do not restrict their sales to the many people whom already have 4k…

940 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

72 comments  ·  Xbox One S  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

The Clubs & LFG Forum Is Live!

Our newest Feature Area forum, Clubs & LFG, is now live! We've added a bunch of ideas that you can now vote on both in the Feature Area forum and in the Clubs & LFG category of theNew Ideas forum!

Go to the new Clubs & LFG forum and vote for your favorite ideas!

Feedback and Knowledge Base