Find ideas for hardware or accessory improvements or hardware ideas

Xbox One Slim Edition with 1080p/4k support

They need to make a slim edition that run full 1080p or 4k and is thinner, doesn't look like a VCR and runs faster.

570 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

HockeyGuy03 shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

107 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • eX Drift commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The new Xbox Slim and Scorpio will support 4K. The One does not have enough power to stream native 4K

• ApetheticOrange commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think putting the power supply back into the console is a great idea, it makes it easier to setup the console and we would not be forced to find an awkward place for the power brick. I think the Xbox One S should have a gaming PC cooling system built in so that the system doesn't suffer what the first generation of the Xbox 360 suffered- "The Red Ring of Death"- due to improper cooling issues.

• Erich68CS commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

But what we really need is to have a different color than white hope that we will get a black version of this console. I would have pre-ordered it but just do not like the white color. Does anybody know if later they will release another color version of this?

• DOMINATOR xMYQx commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

i agree with the slim model looks very sleak and nice id have to say 1 thing i dont agree on is having the power supply built into the box. i always thought that having the external supply helped with not overheating issues and runnng to hot. but i love the design the look is amazing the upgrades with the 4k and adding up to a 2tb hdd thats amazing. the community will love it when released

• RaasclartNinja commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If you mean 4k games your a moron. PC's require Graphics Cards substantially more expensive then either of the current consoles just to game reasonably at 4k. Get your head out of the clouds.

• EnjieBenjie91 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If you want a 4k playing device buy a pc a console is designed to be set up in minutes pick up a controller and play the xbox one is handling games enough to play them as they are optimized in 2-3 years game company's will have found a way to use the full potential have patience

• AIR IK BREATHES commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You're able to play some games supported in 4K UHD now you just need to play them on the computer. But I think that this would make the download size for the digital games and their DLC even larger than they are now. So If this happens then Microsoft should separate the game and it's DLC that's supported in 4K from the 1080P* version so others with a 1080P* TV don't have to wait for a long time to download their game and DLC packs, use up all their hard drive space and their max ISP data real fast unless they want a higher internet bill, less hard drive space and slower internet speed when downloading a 4K game or a 4K DLC pack. Try making a 4K Xbox prototype Microsoft and let Yungjaay Xx test it on his TV and bring the 4K games and Elite Controller.
    *UP TO 1080P

• Tom Lint commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The Xbox One already supports 4K. While it doesn't have the power to run, say, Halo 5 at 4K with reasonable graphics, 2D games and movies work just fine at 4K.

• Yungjaay Xx commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Xbox One should be able to support 4k Ultra HD TV in the near future. With the technology advancing and more new games comming out. It's time for it to support more 4k TV's are making their presence. In the upcomming months more new games are going to be released, but due to the lack of support it causes performance issues on games. Those people are going to be discouraged on playing a performance issue game. I think the people that have those TV's shouldn't be left out and be able to play without an issue and not let their Xbox collect dust due to the lack of performance on games.

• Neomave commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I will be very disappointed if 4K support does not come soon. At the begging of the cycle 4K support was alleged to be a function the Xbox One would be able to handle down the road. Hopefully E3 this year will have MS announcing some kind of 4K and/or Oculus support or they may very well lose the rest of the current console generation to Sony that will have both 4K and VR.

• SolomanTiger commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like to see an updated Console that can play games at 4k natively with at least medium texture/lighting settings.

I believe some fear relates to confusion on the market, but with the Xbox One being the 1K console a simple naming of Xbox 4K would create instant recognition in the consumer without confusing the platform.

Existing games would still play at 1080p but new games would need to support two separate settings presets, like a preset on PC games. If you start the game/app on an Xbox one or 1080p display, the game would launch at the 1080p Preset. Whereas if you start the same game/app on an Xbox 4k and 4K supported display, the game would launch at the 4K preset. I believe having a device for both price points will allow for a much bigger platform and install base by allowing the consumer to choose which console fits their budget and quality of play.

The absolute domination of 4K displays on the market at all price points creates a need for devices that can play and make use of those displays. If Xbox does not have a console that can match the ability of those displays, then I believe consumers will move on and find a device that will.

Thank You,
    SolomanTiger

• DarkSideLife94 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Microsoft Should Make an Xbox Slim, a slimmer version of the standard Xbox One, and instead of having all of us Xbox fans get a fully new Xbox One they should give us the option of being able to go to the nearest Gamestop and exchange the original Xbox One for the Xbox Slim. ( I mean we do deserve it for being faithful, loyal and proud Xbox fans for so long, besides if it wasn't for us you wouldn't be where you are now )

P.S. keep it up with the Upgradable Console idea, it realy beats all other Gameing consoles out there

• Anisel12 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

you guys will always win when it comes to software,ui apps entertainment sony has you beat with gaming though, release a 4k xbox u cannot I repeat cannot allow them to release a 4k console and not do the same that is suicide idk what phil meant by what he said but there better be an xbox playing 4k, not streaming from pc or anywhere else playing everyone loved what he said about running old games with new hardware so yea do the same for xbox we wana run all xbox one games and 360 games in 4k idk ill becrushed if I don't have a 4k xbox this holiday and sony has a 4k console and vr, no phil xbox isn't doing fine its loosing to ps4 sales 4k is going to be around for a long time having an xbox one and ps4 without it while 4k was on the rise is just horrible so throw something new out ps will crush xbox with that 4k we all know sony is money hungry af and they would love to replicate those sales with a new 4k console don't let them do this I have a ps4 and its boring af I don't care about playing games on a ps in 4k if everything else on the console sucks if xbox had 4k it would be the total package game app communication everything don't *** this up.

• WINDSPIRIT commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We have been longtime customers of Xbox gaming and are really disappointed on the graphics hardware. If they could offer two different models of Xbox one. One model is with the hardware they currently use and the more expensive one having 4k compatibility playing all games in 1080p and fps faster. Also in the more expensive model upgraded processing ability. I'm sure some of us gamers won't mind spending the extra $$ on those features of upgraded graphics.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6

The Clubs & LFG Forum Is Live!

Our newest Feature Area forum, Clubs & LFG, is now live! We've added a bunch of ideas that you can now vote on both in the Feature Area forum and in the Clubs & LFG category of theNew Ideas forum!

Go to the new Clubs & LFG forum and vote for your favorite ideas!

Feedback and Knowledge Base