Console Hardware & Accessories

Here you can find ideas for physical Xbox hardware, including Xbox consoles, controllers, and accessories.

Keep in mind that when you are searching, you are only searching through the Console & Accessories forum! If you don’t find your idea below, you can search and post it in the New Ideas forum!

Find ideas for hardware or accessory improvements or hardware ideas

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Xbox One Elite Controller Needs Wireless Charging Station

Having just purchased this new controller, I have found a flaw in the basic design, "THE BATTERY COVER", this like all other things has been re-designed, but now the problem is that I cannot wirelessly charge my elite controller, as the replacement cover which comes with the Xbox One Licensed Dual Charging Station, will not fit the elite controller.
    I am seriously disappointed that nobody else figured this out prior to launch, and at the price I paid, I expected all the bells and whistles to come with this product

229 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

7 comments  ·  Xbox One Controllers  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Xbox One wireless controller extender

I work in the AV industry and many homes have distributed video systems with Matrix Switches located in racks for video. The wireless Controllers range is quite limited, especially if you add walls and interference in the picture. It would be nice if an adapter was made with an antenna that could run over CAT5e/6 and home run to the Xbox One extending the play range of the Xbox One Controller. Even the Home Theaters I have done require the XBox One to be located in another room behind a wall and I have had disappointing results with the controllers…

224 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

95 comments  ·  Xbox One Controllers  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Easier to double tap Xbox home button

It would be nice for the next official Xbox controller to have a easier to press home button , I often fail to record when trying to double tap the current one.
    Not sure if its just me but i get stuck in a small loop going between the dashboard and the game when trying to record to the point where i miss the clip.

219 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Xbox One Controllers  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Full "Microsoft "All-in-One Media Keyboard" Support on the Xbox One

I wanted a keyboard/Chat pad for the Xbox One (I can't stand using the onscreen keyboard) The Xbox Support and they told me this keyboard has full support for the Xbox One and it is a Media keyboard.

Well yes it is a Media keyboard, but for Windows OS - Yes the keyboard function does work on the Xbox One, but the Media function and touchpad doesn't.

I do love that it's wireless and I can sit in my Lazyboy and type out a message, But it is a pain that I have to use my controller also.

Update I…

200 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  Other Xbox Accessories  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Add a wireless mono headset or an adapter for the 360 wireless headset to work with Xbox one. Seriously!!

A simple wireless headset exactly like the one for the Xbox 360 or design an adapter to allow the official Xbox 360 headset to work with the Xbox one. This means more money for you MS. Please, I'm tired of wires. I have an expensive surround set up so I don't want a headset with simulated surround.

199 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  Headsets and Other Connectivity  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Playstation TV like device

I would love one of these little gadgets for my Xbox One!

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/news/gadget/3524356/sony-playstation-tv-release-date-price-specs-uk/

You can basically play your Xbox One games on another tv in your house without moving your console!

190 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  Other Xbox Accessories  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. have the headset beep at you when mic is muted.

i think we all do it,mute our mics when we are in party/game chat and forget too un-mute them.

if we could have our headset beep at us (as well the orange mute light) too remind us our mic is muted!

vote if you like

cheers

183 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Headsets and Other Connectivity  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. portable xbox one with wi fi for multi-player gaming online

sony has psp, nintendo has its 3DS portable gaming systems.

Microsoft its time to invest in a portable xbox with wi fi for multi-player gaming online.

181 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Xbox Opportunities  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Use Newer Xbox One Controllers to Support Bluetooth Headset

An App or Update to Devices & Accessories settings to allow those of us who can't yet upgrade to the Xbox One S to use the New Controller's Bluetooth to connect to a Bluetooth headset.

178 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Xbox One Controllers  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Upgrade program

You should offer a upgrade program to the fans that have been with you since the original Xbox and can't afford the Xbox one.

173 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Xbox Opportunities  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. HD DVD drive support on xbox one.

I really feel that this should have been a no brainer from the start; after all the HD dvd drive is a piece of Microsoft hardware, and HD dvd's their favoured software. What frustrates me is I feel that all this would take to accomplish, would be one quick update (I may be wrong), and would give everyone who has the player and the disks another reason to keep gaining enjoyment from their collection; that they supported, regardless of it being a "dead" format. This should be an easy one.

165 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

31 comments  ·  Xbox One  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Bring Back the Original Xbox

That would be great if you could please return the original Xbox and no longer discontinue it and also please make it that it can use Xbox Live online servers again and also use wireless Internet as well as wired connections etc. and also make it be able to download software updates including preview programmes etc. like the Xbox 360 and Xbox One etc. also please make it a windows universal platform device for all Microsoft devices so we can do things like look at our Xbox Live messages from both Xbox 360 and Xbox One etc. and party chat…

160 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Xbox Opportunities  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Official 1TB Hard Drive for Xbox 360 S

With the Games with Gold, my 360 hard drive is almost maxed out. The thing is, I do not want to use a third party hard drive. It's just a peace of mind type of thing where I've always had an official Xbox accessory with me (ie, controllers, cables, hard drives).

Please release one before the summer is over. That would be awesome thanks.

153 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Other Xbox Accessories  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Doom Themed Xbox One

My friend has the advanced warfare themed xbox when the button it hit make machinery noises , and I had a thought what about a doom themed xbox the deep doom red with the runes on the front and the power button would be the doom pentagram and when touched it makes a demon noise I'm thinking like the lost soul roar

152 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Xbox One  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Injustice Gods Among Us 2 Limition Edition Custom Console

injustice gods among us 2 Limition Edition Custom Console

138 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Xbox One  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Tom Clancy Edition Consoles

You should make some Tom Clancy custom consoles and controllers. Examples R6 Siege, Splinter Cell and Ghost Recon. This guy introduced me to Xbox and im sure many others could say the same.

134 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Xbox One  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Xbox Wireless Controller - Battlefield Edition

A Battlefied edition xbox one controller for fans of Battlefield: Bad Company, Bad Company 2, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline and Battlefield 1.

129 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Xbox One Controllers  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Ability to bind two buttons to the controller for actions such as recording

Say you want to quick launch an app while gaming and you can press two buttons or hold a button to launch that specific app because i notice most games do not use dual button functions.

[Mod edit: Title changed from "Ability to bind two buttons to control things like recording while pressing Y+B ect."]

94 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Other Controller Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Make the Xbox One controller be able to connect to PC (Windows 10) via Bluetooth

I'm getting tired of using the wire to connect my controller to the pc, why cant it just connect to it wireless like how it does to the Xbox?

79 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Xbox One Controllers  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
1 2 3 5 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

The Clubs & LFG Forum Is Live!

Our newest Feature Area forum, Clubs & LFG, is now live! We've added a bunch of ideas that you can now vote on both in the Feature Area forum and in the Clubs & LFG category of theNew Ideas forum!

Go to the new Clubs & LFG forum and vote for your favorite ideas!

Feedback and Knowledge Base