Console Hardware & Accessories

Here you can find ideas for physical Xbox hardware, including Xbox consoles, controllers, and accessories.

Keep in mind that when you are searching, you are only searching through the Console & Accessories forum! If you don’t find your idea below, you can search and post it in the New Ideas forum!

Find ideas for hardware or accessory improvements or hardware ideas

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Customise your own unique XBOX ONE S with Xbox Design Labs

Since E3 we have got the Xbox Design Labs where we can customise the color scheme for our own unique controller design, but why stop there? Why not the same treatment for the Xbox One S? Check out the link - https://youtu.be/93OvrF4e-HE
    This is a video I did on YouTube demonstrating this idea where you can choose the colors you want for your Xbox One S and the Controller to match. I think it would be a great idea for consumers and a huge selling point for Xbox

463 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

21 comments  ·  Xbox One S  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. VR Compatibility for The Original Xbox One

With Sony announcing Playstation VR and a host of amazing games and up coming games that support VR are to be released. Examples of this are Batman: Arkham VR and and Resident Evil 7. I would prefer not to have to buy another console to play these games in this mode and im sure with a simple hardware development and adaption to the existing console these games would be playable in VR on Xbox one.

425 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Xbox One  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Sell rechargable battery packs WITHOUT the charge cable

I don't need more cables, I need replacement battery packs. Please sell the battery packs without cables. You did this for Xbox 360, and it made sense.

419 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  Other Xbox Accessories  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Let us use our Xbox One controllers on the next generation of Xbox

So I've invested a large amount of money on my SCUF and my ELITE Controller, I'd love to see continued support on the next Xbox to use any Xbox controller you want.

Thanks.

399 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Xbox One Controllers  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Don't make Xbox consoles' hardware upgradeable

I've heard the news. You're talking about making Xbox consoles upgradable like PCs. Well, the whole point of buying the console instead of PC is that you don't have to worry about your hardware. You just get what you get - optimized game for your console. Sometimes it looks better then PC, sometimes - worse, but who cares. It always runs fast, it's always optimized, it always works! You just buy games for 5-10 years and don't even think about these system requirements or hardware. And then you just get new console and stop worrying for another 5 years. You…

336 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

34 comments  ·  Xbox Opportunities  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Make Windows 10 hardware compatible with Xbox One

I'm thinking of Flight Sticks, GamePads, Headsets, etc. That would be a tremendous advantage against Sony I guess ^^

[Mod edit: Title changed from "hardware that is "win10 approved" should work on XBox One as well" to "Windows 10 hardware compatible with Xbox One."]

332 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Other Xbox Accessories  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Make the Controller Home Button Color an Option in Design Labs

Recently, the "Xbox Design Lab" was announced. This means that alot of people will be buying one of millions of custom controllers that are unique to them. Whilst 90% of the controller is available for edit, the home button is not. I think it should he made possible that the LED light within the controller can also be changed from the original white. Maybe this is somthing to import onto the Elite Controllers only. Just a small idea. Hope some agree.

327 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Xbox One Controllers  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. How about using Ready Boost or other USB memory enhancement on the Xbox One

Using "readyboost" to somehow boost the xbox one's performance...

[Mod Edit: This idea was merged with similar ideas from +Wraith Predator and +Eightbitbro Thanks everyone!]

322 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

23 comments  ·  Other Xbox Accessories  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. 15th Anniversary LE Xbox One console honoring the Original Xbox

First, add Backwards Compatibility support for Original Xbox titles (this is a whole issue in itself).

Then, on the 15th anniversary of the launch of the Original Xbox, release a limited edition Xbox One console that is the exact size and shape as the Original Xbox. Instead of controller ports in front it would have 4 USB ports and the back of the console would have the same ports as any Xbox One. Ventilation would be adjusted for the Xbox One's needs. Other than that, it would be exactly the same physical design as the Original Xbox. As a cool…

285 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Xbox One  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Keep updating the Xbox One so there's no need for a new Xbox Gen

I think that if the Xbox one would keep getting major updates that there would be no need for another Xbox console. It has the cloud and will be getting Direct X 12. So if it keeps getting major updates there would be no need for another Xbox console other than Xbox one hopefully getting a virtual reality add on. Please consider this Xbox because I think other people will like the idea. What if a person gets a Xbox One the day before E3 and Xbox releases another console. I think they would be mad. So please consider my…

280 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Xbox Opportunities  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Include Elite Controller With Project Scorpio

I think it would be a great idea to include a Elite controller with all project scorpio consoles. It would be sad if gamers only have one controller that is the Elite and go to trade in the current Xbox One to upgrade to project scorpio to get a controller that is the newer bluetooth supported controller instead of the Elite. Especially, since they paid $250 for it.

273 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18 comments  ·  Xbox Opportunities  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Make the Hard Drive removable

When I first heard about the Xbox One last year I couldn't believe that the Hard Drive wasn't removable. In this generation 500GBs of hard drive space fills up extremely fast. The PS4 has a removable hard drive. Allowing external storage devices is good, but it's a short term band aid fix for the problem.

267 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

38 comments  ·  Xbox One  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Allow us to put a faster HDD or SSD in the Xbox Scorpio

Not being able to swap the hard drive of the Xbox One has been a disappointment for a long time. The 5400RPM hard drive is simply too slow for loading modern games and the complex Xbox OS. On the PS4 you have been able to put in your own hard drive or SSD since day one.

For the Xbox Scorpio please make this an option. There are many people who have a fast hard drive or SSD and would love to use that.

264 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

23 comments  ·  Xbox Opportunities  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Low battery - make the gamepad logo light flash

Please make the logo light on the Xbox One controllers flash when the battery is becoming low. With enough warning so that the controller doesn't go flat in the next ten minutes - for example let the logo flash for a couple of hours or so.

Basically bring the low battery indicator (flashing light / logo) from the Xbox 360 controllers to the Xbox one please. I don't think the notification that pops up on the screen is good enough - the battery goes flat too quickly after this notification.

262 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Xbox One Controllers  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Make Xbox One racing wheels compatible with Xbox 360 backward compatible games

If possible I'd love to see XBOX One compatible racing wheel support for XBOX 360 games (via backwards compatibility).

Should the XBOX 360 games at some point be made compatible with steering wheel controllers, having them be compatible with a wheel that is also compatible with XBOX One games would be ideal for those wanting to play old and new games without having to use more than one wheel.

I'd also imagine that XBOX 360 compatible wheels will become scarce in future, so having the ability to use a current generation wheel would be extremely beneficial.

[Mod edit: Title changed…

260 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

24 comments  ·  Other Controller Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Xbox One Media Remote incapable of accessing "more info" within the Games section since NXOE

When clicking on game information within the Games section, it is now apparently impossible to access access "more information" unless you are using the right thumb stick on the Controller... thus rendering the Media Remote useless in this area...

This is very unfortunate for those who used the Xbox One Media Remote for the connivence it held over the Controllers when viewing media... I hope this issue can be tended to soon...

243 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other Xbox Accessories  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. External Hard Drive can be put to sleep.

One thing about my new External Hard Drive is it doesn't get put to sleep with no gaming activity or when the console is put into standby. At present I need to turn it off myself and then remember to turn it back on when I fire up.

237 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

47 comments  ·  Other Xbox Accessories  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Assassin's Creed Controller

Please make a customized Assassin's Creed design controller.

235 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Xbox One Controllers  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Make the Xbox One Wireless Adapter compatible with Steam Link

Currently the Xbox One Wireless Adapter doesn't work with the Steam Link. I want to use my Xbox One controller, but I'm going to have to buy a controller from a different manufacturer unless this is fixed. This is not a smart business decision. Please rectify the situation.

[Mod edit: This idea was combined with a similar post from Big Mc Patty. Thanks, everyone!]

234 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

26 comments  ·  Other Xbox Accessories  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Controller Turns on Xbox When Plugged in to Charge

When I plug my Xbox One controller in to Charge with the Play & Charge kit it turns back on my Xbox. Disable that feature

230 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

32 comments  ·  Xbox One Controllers  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

The Clubs & LFG Forum Is Live!

Our newest Feature Area forum, Clubs & LFG, is now live! We've added a bunch of ideas that you can now vote on both in the Feature Area forum and in the Clubs & LFG category of theNew Ideas forum!

Go to the new Clubs & LFG forum and vote for your favorite ideas!

Feedback and Knowledge Base