Console Hardware & Accessories

Here you can find ideas for physical Xbox hardware, including Xbox consoles, controllers, and accessories.

Keep in mind that when you are searching, you are only searching through the Console & Accessories forum! If you don’t find your idea below, you can search and post it in the New Ideas forum!

Find ideas for hardware or accessory improvements or hardware ideas

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add HDMI-CEC Support to Xbox One

Please add HDMI-CEC ("control over HDMI") support for Xbox One to allow proper two-ways communications with TV and AVR (A/V Receiver).

The issue is that my Xbox One is not the only input on my AVR, and I still use my Xbox 360. This being the case makes using the Kinect to IR blast my components power On/Off completely useless. If I want to switch to my 360 and turn off my One, it would turn off my TV and AVR as well; vise versa if I'm done on the 360 and would like to switch back to the One…

3,870 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

393 comments  ·  Xbox One  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Xbox One Elite Console with Integrated TV Tuner

Please bring back the Elite Edition -
    with 1TB HDD and most important an integrated TV Tuner.
    All In One

[Mod Edit: This idea was merged with similar ideas from XRaptor29, ASTAR2012, and others. Please continue to comment with specific requests for the Elite version of Xbox One in this post. Thanks everyone!]

1,319 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

121 comments  ·  Xbox One  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Send in console for upgrade to the Elite SSD Hard Drive without voiding the warranty

I'm fine with their being a cost difference as SSD's are not cheap but I would like an option for me to send the console to Microsoft for the hard drive to be installed professionally and keep my warranty intact. Their are many Xbox One owners with 500GB,and 1TB harddrives but SSD is going to increase overall performance to the system and the option should be available to anyone that owns a console.

617 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17 comments  ·  Xbox One  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. VR Compatibility for The Original Xbox One

With Sony announcing Playstation VR and a host of amazing games and up coming games that support VR are to be released. Examples of this are Batman: Arkham VR and and Resident Evil 7. I would prefer not to have to buy another console to play these games in this mode and im sure with a simple hardware development and adaption to the existing console these games would be playable in VR on Xbox one.

425 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Xbox One  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. 15th Anniversary LE Xbox One console honoring the Original Xbox

First, add Backwards Compatibility support for Original Xbox titles (this is a whole issue in itself).

Then, on the 15th anniversary of the launch of the Original Xbox, release a limited edition Xbox One console that is the exact size and shape as the Original Xbox. Instead of controller ports in front it would have 4 USB ports and the back of the console would have the same ports as any Xbox One. Ventilation would be adjusted for the Xbox One's needs. Other than that, it would be exactly the same physical design as the Original Xbox. As a cool…

285 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Xbox One  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Make the Hard Drive removable

When I first heard about the Xbox One last year I couldn't believe that the Hard Drive wasn't removable. In this generation 500GBs of hard drive space fills up extremely fast. The PS4 has a removable hard drive. Allowing external storage devices is good, but it's a short term band aid fix for the problem.

267 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

38 comments  ·  Xbox One  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. HD DVD drive support on xbox one.

I really feel that this should have been a no brainer from the start; after all the HD dvd drive is a piece of Microsoft hardware, and HD dvd's their favoured software. What frustrates me is I feel that all this would take to accomplish, would be one quick update (I may be wrong), and would give everyone who has the player and the disks another reason to keep gaining enjoyment from their collection; that they supported, regardless of it being a "dead" format. This should be an easy one.

164 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

31 comments  ·  Xbox One  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Doom Themed Xbox One

My friend has the advanced warfare themed xbox when the button it hit make machinery noises , and I had a thought what about a doom themed xbox the deep doom red with the runes on the front and the power button would be the doom pentagram and when touched it makes a demon noise I'm thinking like the lost soul roar

152 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Xbox One  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Injustice Gods Among Us 2 Limition Edition Custom Console

injustice gods among us 2 Limition Edition Custom Console

138 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Xbox One  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Tom Clancy Edition Consoles

You should make some Tom Clancy custom consoles and controllers. Examples R6 Siege, Splinter Cell and Ghost Recon. This guy introduced me to Xbox and im sure many others could say the same.

134 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Xbox One  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

The Clubs & LFG Forum Is Live!

Our newest Feature Area forum, Clubs & LFG, is now live! We've added a bunch of ideas that you can now vote on both in the Feature Area forum and in the Clubs & LFG category of theNew Ideas forum!

Go to the new Clubs & LFG forum and vote for your favorite ideas!

Feedback and Knowledge Base