Console Hardware & Accessories

Here you can find ideas for physical Xbox hardware, including Xbox consoles, controllers, and accessories.

Keep in mind that when you are searching, you are only searching through the Console & Accessories forum! If you don’t find your idea below, you can search and post it in the New Ideas forum!

Find ideas for hardware or accessory improvements or hardware ideas

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Lower the price of the MRSP of the Xbox One Wireless Elite Controller. It's way too expensive!

The Xbox One Elite Wireless Controller is outrageously expensive.
    Neogaf and Reddit are reporting on the ridiculous of the pricing for the MSRP, it should be lowered.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1063321

11,202 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

324 comments  ·  Xbox One Controllers  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. The Elite Xbox One controller should come with a Play and Charge kit

Was excited to get my hands on this new controller. However $150 dollars and it takes AA batteries to run seems really disappointing. Would prefer it to come with a built in rechargeable battery or a play and charge to come with it.

9,030 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

120 comments  ·  Xbox One Controllers  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Trade In Original Controller For The New Controller

I hear rumors now that Microsoft is planning to launch a new controller at E3 in June . This only new feature that I heard about is a 3.5 mm jack to plug in audio devices which is great . Instead of buying it for $60 ( I don't know the price just assuming ) why not let us trade in our old controllers for this updated one that you are unveiling at E3. I mean you guys should have added this in the first place . The first controller had a lot of users reporting problems of either left…

6,153 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

80 comments  ·  Xbox One Controllers  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Xbox controller battery percentage indicator

On the Xbox one dashboard it should show how much of a percentage is left in your controller batteries.

5,875 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

74 comments  ·  Xbox One Controllers  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. 3,350 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

42 comments  ·  Xbox One Controllers  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Backward compatibility for wired Xbox 360 controllers on Xbox One

Provide support for some Xbox 360 accessories like racing wheels and arcade sticks. These accessories are expensive and take space, we cannot be buying one for each generation of console.

3,257 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

258 comments  ·  Xbox One Controllers  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Add Analog Stick Calibration To Address Stick Drift issues

Please add require 'analog stick calibration' on xbox system setting or xbox game setting.
    analog stick drift of controller is Big issue!

[Mod Edit: This idea was merged with similar ideas from Garlicpenguin, ToneSim, Y UnknowN Y, and others. Thanks everyone!]

3,074 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

416 comments  ·  Xbox One Controllers  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Fix random controller disconnects (Post 1502 Update)

Still my controllers randomly disconnects mid-game and then immediately reconnects. Game breaking for online gaming. I have bought a new controller for this issue! Everything is updated, batteries are full (normal and rechargeable) and it still randomly disconnects. I've heard I'm not the only one with this issue and the February update did not fix this issue!

2,886 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1244 comments  ·  Xbox One Controllers  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Lower the price on Xbox One Controllers

Lower the price of Xbox One controllers. It's at the price of new games..

2,787 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

52 comments  ·  Xbox One Controllers  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Allow Xbox 360 wireless accessories to work on Xbox One

Add Xbox 360 wireless accessory support (IE racing wheels, guitar controller, drums controller, etc) through Xbox 360 wireless PC adapter to Xbox One to be used in backwards compatible Games.

[Mod edit: Changed title from "Xbox 360 wireless accessory support for Xbox One in BC games" to better reflect this suggestion. Thanks!]

2,155 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

57 comments  ·  Xbox One Controllers  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Make the Xbox One Elite Controller paddles unique buttons

The controller, for me, is perfect in every way with one exception. The rear paddles aren't their own buttons and are only able to duplicate other buttons on the controller. I get that the main purpose is so you don't have to take your thumb off the right stick to press buttons, but what a missed opportunity.

I can't understand how they can add four new buttons but not give them their own identity. I know Xbox games aren't designed with these paddles in mind, but I'm using it for pc games. I don't need any face buttons duplicated. I…

1,936 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

244 comments  ·  Xbox One Controllers  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Repair Option for Xbox Elite Controller

Seriously, there should be a repair program in place for these controllers. Especially for the price. I not saying it should be free, but it definitely should not cost the full price of the controller.

Why? I am on my second xbox elite controller whose Left button (on top of the controller --NOT a magnetic piece) has physically broken due to normal play of Halo 5. There is no way to have the button

1,854 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

178 comments  ·  Xbox One Controllers  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Add Xbox Elite Controller to Design Labs

Well at E3 we did see what the new feature added called Design Labs which helps build a controller of your desires. But, the Elite Controller should be added to the Design Labs so people that have gotten accustom to the Elite Contoller can have it custom made to there own desires. I hope to see if this is possible and this would please many people.

1,562 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

80 comments  ·  Xbox One Controllers  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Bring back IR sensor for the Xbox One controller

With the new controller available last summer (2015), we lost infrared sensor. This IR window come with some great feature especially when you have a Kinect sensor like (I quote Xbox Wire's story: http://news.xbox.com/2013/06/xbox-one-controller-feature):

Seamless Connectivity – Each controller uses a combination of invisible reflective technology and LEDs to send a patterned infrared signal to your console and Kinect sensor. Not only does this make pairing the devices seamless, but it enables Kinect to associate the controller with whoever is holding it. This introduces innovative experiences, such as player switching, where a split screen display can swap positions on…

1,463 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

37 comments  ·  Xbox One Controllers  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Dim the bright power light on the Xbox One controller in dark rooms

The controller power light is very bright and distracting when playing games in dark rooms. The kinect could sense room brightness and send a signal to adjust accordingly (as it does on the console's power light). Its not an issue in bright rooms, but can be annoying out of the corner of your eye in any dark environment.

[Mod Edit: This idea was merged with similar ideas from GreenPKL and others. Thanks everyone!]

1,360 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

195 comments  ·  Xbox One Controllers  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Every Xbox One and Controller should include Play and Charge kit

every Xbox One console an controller should include a recharble battery as standard. There is no place for AA Batteries in a console in 2015. Especially the New Elite controller for $150 it should come with a Play an Charge kit .

1,146 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18 comments  ·  Xbox One Controllers  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Enable Xbox 360 Drum Rocker (Ion Audio) Controller support on Xbox One for Rock Band 4

Rock Band 4 is releasing shortly, and there have been numerous articles about the Ion Audio Drum Rocker (Premium Drum set) for Xbox 360 not working on Xbox One via adapters due to it having a unique device id / controller type.

Since it is a USB connection, is there any way to add driver (?) support for this controller type (since it is not a standard 'controller' output) to work with Rock Band 4 on Xbox One?

1,104 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

277 comments  ·  Xbox One Controllers  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Extend the warranty on on Xbox One Controllers past 90 days

Extend the warranty on on Xbox One Controllers from 90 days to 3 years. Currently controllers sold separately from the console come with a 90 warranty. Many Xbox One controllers are failing at a high rate. Please extend the warranty so your customer base can get some relief from having to continuously spend more money on replacement controllers.

911 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

118 comments  ·  Xbox One Controllers  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Add Xbox One controller Support to Xbox 360

Even if wireless is not an option it would be great if I could use the Xbox One controller in wired mode on the Xbox 360, like it is possible to use the dualshock 4 in wired mode in most PS3 games. And viceversa would be awesome as well.

[Mod edit: This idea was merged with a similar idea posted by iAmnOgAmeR07. Thanks everyone!]

801 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

58 comments  ·  Xbox One Controllers  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Support Virtual Surround Sound on headphones plugged into controllers

Originnaly the Turtle Beach XO Seven's where advertised on both their site, and the xbox.com site as being surround sound.

However at launch of the product the "surround sound" was dropped, because the Xbox One does not output surround sound when headphones are plugged into the controllers.

I think having to plug into the optical port of the Xbox One ruins the experience, when having a fully wireless setup was clearly intended.

761 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

61 comments  ·  Xbox One Controllers  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1
  • Don't see your idea?

The Clubs & LFG Forum Is Live!

Our newest Feature Area forum, Clubs & LFG, is now live! We've added a bunch of ideas that you can now vote on both in the Feature Area forum and in the Clubs & LFG category of theNew Ideas forum!

Go to the new Clubs & LFG forum and vote for your favorite ideas!

Feedback and Knowledge Base