Find ideas for hardware or accessory improvements or hardware ideas

Enable Xbox 360 Drum Rocker (Ion Audio) Controller support on Xbox One for Rock Band 4

Rock Band 4 is releasing shortly, and there have been numerous articles about the Ion Audio Drum Rocker (Premium Drum set) for Xbox 360 not working on Xbox One via adapters due to it having a unique device id / controller type.

Since it is a USB connection, is there any way to add driver (?) support for this controller type (since it is not a standard 'controller' output) to work with Rock Band 4 on Xbox One?

1,114 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

SuperDeanio shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

277 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Demit commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Microsoft make some of us happy and just buy the damn design from PDP or relicense this, it's been nearly a year the part is 30 dollars retail and out of stock and they will make no more. And smack harmonix while you are at it, an adapter that worked selling for just over 3 weeks then out of production, that's really messed up.

• The Ice Player commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Well PDP just left all of us hanging there, it seems that they will not make the adapter anymore, that's why MS sohuld gave us the proper support to all the people that have the ION's ot the Midi Adapter form RB3. Please guys!!! make it happen!!!

• DoubleVariable commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a must...Harmonix hints this might be coming, but, I just took back Rock Band 4 when I discovered this doesn't work. I have 2 kids that want to learn the drums, but, not being able to graduate to a good set of electronic drums and still use RB4 to continue honing skills is a deal killer. Make this happen! Please

• CensoredSlap commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

A lot of us are real musicians and this would be a great add. I'm holding off on RB4 until my Roland kit is compatible, in fact. Thanks!

• Pitz Slavitica commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is the ultimate hypocrisy by Microsoft. Not allowing wired music controllers like the MPA on 360 but I am able to go out anytime and buy wired Xbox One game controllers. So many users unable to use our E-Kits because of Microsofts ridiculous policy.

• the manny b commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I bought an XBOX one and I bought RB4 they both sit unused. I continue to play my drums via XBOX360 and RB3 . The only reason I bought it was because I wanted the DLC possibility and the franchise to live on; however, if we can't get this situation rectified then I made a big mistake buying into XBOX and I should have bought a playstation long ago. Now I'm stuck with 1000+ DLC songs in XBOX 360 and a new platform that I cannot use. Bring back MIDI drums

• Sir PuttsAlot commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This should be addressed for both the ION users as well as the Mad Catz MIDI Pro Adapters as both have the same issue and I would expect represent a large portion of the Rock Band Community.

• SwingNballz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Still nothing from MS as usual. They no longer give a crap about XBOX ONE. They already know they lost the war. MS is like Jeb Bush. Knows can't win but stays in the race sucking millions from supporters knowing in the end nothing could save it. I trust that you dumb *** at Microsoft will learn from this BEATING and hire some real PR people that are relevant and not some washed up middle age dumb dumb that knows nothing of what Gamer's want. Don Mattrick *** XBOX with his dumb *** thinking and you guys @ MS are to dumb to Fix it. You can't even hit 1080p /60 fps on most games. How did you guys forget about Dolby Digital 7.1 support ? What about this system is NEXT GEN ?? I guess we can forget about USB support for 360 controllers to work on xbox one. You seriously dropped the ball here.

• KristovM commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The lack of support for the Ion Drum Rocker is the primary factor withholding me from purchasing an XBoxOne. I own a USB fight stick that I would also like to see supported on the XBoxOne. Neither of these were trivial purchases and they will not be able to be replaced.

• BlackCloud84 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If you cant/won't enable the ion kit to work on rockband 4 please suggest ion releases a Xbox 1 compatible control that can be swapped with the old one.

• ManoloChurches commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I deeply love the Rock Band games, but I have to tell you that Rock Band 4 has been an immense disappointment for a guy like me that used to play with an e-drum set on his Xbox 360. Please work hard to give us an option to use our e-drum set on Xbox One! I'm eager to play again and grow my DLC library

• Helldog3105 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Not being able to use my Roland e-drum set makes rockband 4 a coaster for me at this point. I was one of the stupids that assumed (you know what they say about that) that they would support pro drums outside of those chintzy fake plastic things out of the box. Not so. I will not purchase any more for Rockband 4 until this is corrected. I have over 800 DLC songs for Rockband (of which 70 or so I still cannot get to download into the Xbox One library - Looking at you The Doors pack and the exclusive free pack from Rockband 3) and I have played the drums since I was 14 or so. I've never been great at it, but I was always happy to be able to use my real set in the game starting with RB3. To take that away, along with pro guitar, and keyboards in their entirety makes me not want to support Harmonix any longer. To remove support from perfectly usable peripherals because they have a cord makes me not want to purchase anything Xbox related at all. It's stupid enough that you shut down servers to still popular games because you want them to migrate to the newest release in the series, but peripherals are peripherals. You know what? Screw it, I'm going to go get a PS4.

• PEEPER LOVE commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My ion drums($$modified$$) use to be the pride of the band. Now they are keeping us from playing RB4 and the band is getting annoyed. This is taking too long. As soon as I can use them I will be buying XB1, RB4 w/new guitars,4 and DLC.
    Please hurry before I just cut my losses and switch to PS4.

• ShaggyMelonhead commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My Ion/Pintech kit has been collecting dust waiting for this and I'm getting rusty. I will not invest in RB4 until the ION kit is functional with the Xbox One.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 13 14

The Clubs & LFG Forum Is Live!

Our newest Feature Area forum, Clubs & LFG, is now live! We've added a bunch of ideas that you can now vote on both in the Feature Area forum and in the Clubs & LFG category of theNew Ideas forum!

Go to the new Clubs & LFG forum and vote for your favorite ideas!

Feedback and Knowledge Base