Find ideas for hardware or accessory improvements or hardware ideas

Allow Xbox 360 wireless accessories to work on Xbox One

Add Xbox 360 wireless accessory support (IE racing wheels, guitar controller, drums controller, etc) through Xbox 360 wireless PC adapter to Xbox One to be used in backwards compatible Games.

[Mod edit: Changed title from "Xbox 360 wireless accessory support for Xbox One in BC games" to better reflect this suggestion. Thanks!]

4,253 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Hiro73R0 shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
  • AnFeasogMor commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is one of the most important suggestions on here. There is zero reason why an Xbox 360 controller should not work on XBOne, other than to force people to buy a new controller. They are essentially the same controller, the new design is purely cosmetic. I get that Microsoft doesn't want people just buying 360 controllers and not new ones, but that's not really a major issue, since the 360 controller isn't actually made anymore. Meanwhile you've got thousands of people who are longtime Microsoft customers and already HAVE controllers, and they should be able to use them. And the fact that both work on PC disproves the idiotic apologists trying to act like this is a firmware issue. It isn't.

• QueenlyCrayon60 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

ich besitze eine xbox one s und würde mich da freuen wenn mann da auch ein xbox 360 controler drauf zocken könnte da die noch stabiler sind als die neuen xbox one controller das wäre echt super so wie die xbox 360 spielen gemacht haben das wer echt klasse von euch das microsoft team und das mit die xbox 360 spielen finde ich echt klasse gemacht da bin ich echt stulz drauf das ihr das so hinbekommen hapt nur mit die controller were es noch besser mit freundlichen grüßen lieber Hern behnert und denn noch mit dem spiel der SEGA Mega Drive Ultimate Collection der xbox 360 denn were es perfekt wenn mann das auch noch drauf spielen könnte

• SILEeeles commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why it doesn't work is beyond me. Aside from a few hardware differences (vibration in the triggers on xbox one) the controllers are identical. The 360 one works on PC when you stream the Xbox one over the Xbox app. I've also had bad luck with xbox one controllers drifting and stuff.

• OmegaJackRed666 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Let's be honest you are more likely to buy an Xbox 360 controller than an Xbox One controller. It would be very nice if they allow us to play with those controllers on that console. Especially many Xbox fans prefer those controllers.

• pawel86ck commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Microsoft promotes BC feature, yet makes restictions like that. Differenct controller clearly alters game experience because of different thumbsticks acceleration settings. Xbox 360 games were made with 360 controller support in mind, not xbox one controller. Right now people like me are forced to buy CronusMax in order to play xbox360 games on xbox X. Also it would be nice if MS would remove forced vsync to all x360 games, because this thing also alter game experience, it removes screen tearing at the expense of input lag.

• spartan3343 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be a great addition. People like myself who have and want to use a 360 controller on our xbox one can only do so by purchasing usb device like the CronusMax Plus. Please make this happen.

• KangaEmpire commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

More like.. let us use xboxone controllers on 360 console. Elite possible would be amazing!!

• XPLG x HAWK commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

That is hardware, you would have to change something within the Xbox’s sensor to be able to

• L3THAL POPPA commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

That’s the dumbest thing ive ever heard....use a 360 controller on current hardware? Dumbest idea ever

• ToXiC DeZ commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Make this happen I want to be able to use Xbox 360 arcade fight sticks on the Xbox one.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6

The Clubs & LFG Forum Is Live!

Our newest Feature Area forum, Clubs & LFG, is now live! We've added a bunch of ideas that you can now vote on both in the Feature Area forum and in the Clubs & LFG category of theNew Ideas forum!

Go to the new Clubs & LFG forum and vote for your favorite ideas!

Feedback and Knowledge Base